Author Topic: I promised I wouldn't use executive order&statements to run around congress...  (Read 2290 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
OOPS!!!! oh well... I lied!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
He could care less .   Same for his cult following.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
He could care less .   Same for his cult following.
OOOHHHH!!!! Say it's not so!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
OOOHHHH!!!! Say it's not so!!!!

The best way to gauge Obama is to just believe the opposite of anything he says.   What he does is always the exact opposite of what he promises.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
The best way to gauge Obama is to just believe the opposite of anything he says.   What he does is always the exact opposite of what he promises.
I said the same exact thing for Bush.  With these evil bastards it works for a lot of shit; just start analyzing the opposite of what they say and you'll probably be closer to the truth lol...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
I said the same exact thing for Bush.  With these evil bastards it works for a lot of shit; just start analyzing the opposite of what they say and you'll probably be closer to the truth lol...

not true, what you are seeing is that taking a absolute position in a dynamic fluid environment is stupid. Circumstances change and downright denying something for any reason is foolish. Congress has been the worst in history, passing the majority of their bills on post office renaming and generally being obstructionist. I'm not saying this just for Obama but everyone, people who signed the norquist bill should realize that it is stupid considering the record low government revenue.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that absolutes do change most often then not.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
not true, what you are seeing is that taking a absolute position in a dynamic fluid environment is stupid. Circumstances change and downright denying something for any reason is foolish. Congress has been the worst in history, passing the majority of their bills on post office renaming and generally being obstructionist. I'm not saying this just for Obama but everyone, people who signed the norquist bill should realize that it is stupid considering the record low government revenue.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that absolutes do change most often then not.
Don't mean this as an insult but I lol'd @ "taking an absolute position in a dynamic fluid envirionment is stupid" haha...  Yea ok...

I would agree with you if it was not dealing with the constitution and our rights, in that case I don't have a problem whatsoever taking a solid position even if it's against the flow.  When dealing with the constitution, it's quick changes in the circumstances of the nation that can lead to unwarrarnted and dangerous changes in government and threaten our rights.  When it's our constitutional rights at stake we need to slow way the fuck down.  That this congress is the worst ever makes what I just said even more important.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Don't mean this as an insult but I lol'd @ "taking an absolute position in a dynamic fluid envirionment is stupid" haha...  Yea ok...

I would agree with you if it was not dealing with the constitution and our rights, in that case I don't have a problem whatsoever taking a solid position even if it's against the flow.  When dealing with the constitution, it's quick changes in the circumstances of the nation that can lead to unwarrarnted and dangerous changes in government and threaten our rights.  When it's our constitutional rights at stake we need to slow way the fuck down.  That this congress is the worst ever makes what I just said even more important.

No kidding.  Look at my stupid state! 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Obama weighing executive action on guns

WASHINGTON (AP) — Facing powerful opposition to sweeping gun regulations, President Barack Obama is weighing 19 steps that could be taken through executive action alone, congressional officials said.

Those steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

cont...http://news.yahoo.com/obama-weighing-executive-action-guns-082740829--politics.html

hey, maybe Obama is on to something here....  I suggest Obama opts for C. tougher penalties against gun trafficking!!!!!  Yea that would be priceless.....  Obama and Holder would be number one on that most wanted list lol...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Those steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

See, I think any punk who LIES on a gun sale check DESERVES a year in prison... not "sorry, no sale bro..."

I also think people who walk into a gun store every monday and buy 2 dozen AKs then sell them every weekend at the gun show need to be stopped - I'm fine with that loophole being closed.  It's a nice way for bad guys to get guns.

Giving schools flexibility to use their $ to pay for SROs (student resource officers)?   I love it, me and the NRA later, have been yelling about that!

Which of the 19 steps are people mad about?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
The man is a chronic liar. He tells the truth about nothing and his sheeple do nothing but make excuses for it.

See, I think any punk who LIES on a gun sale check DESERVES a year in prison... not "sorry, no sale bro..."

I also think people who walk into a gun store every monday and buy 2 dozen AKs then sell them every weekend at the gun show need to be stopped - I'm fine with that loophole being closed.  It's a nice way for bad guys to get guns.

Giving schools flexibility to use their $ to pay for SROs (student resource officers)?   I love it, me and the NRA later, have been yelling about that!

Perfect example. Here's an Obama sheep who said the guy would never even broach the idea of gun control. Now he's trying to rationalize multiple lies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Always an wxcuse from you.   Not surprised. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
OOPS!!!! oh well... I lied!!!

you got a link for that quote (is it even a quote?)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you got a link for that quote (is it even a quote?)

Lol.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Lol.   

I know

It's hilarious that someone would want to verify the statement, the context etc..

what's the point when someone like you can just get upset over stuff that they make up

In that context asking for a source is hilarious

Necrosis

• Getbig V

I don't take it as an insult, I am correct. Give me an example of something that could never change based on circumstance? any of the amendments in the constitution are victim to this, the right to bear arms, well not fully automatic.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't take it as an insult, I am correct. Give me an example of something that could never change based on circumstance? any of the amendments in the constitution are victim to this, the right to bear arms, well not fully automatic.
Actually we have the right to own fully automatic weapons

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

and guess what - there is an amendment process to go by

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
REPORT: Obama Will Announce His New Gun Control Proposals Wednesday, And He Already Has A Plan To Get Around Congress

Walter Hickey|Jan. 15, 2013, 12:33 PM|1,884|27

Politico's Reid Epstein reports that President Barack Obama will announce Wednesday his new plan to reduce gun violence, including proposals to ban high-capacity magazines, universal background checks and an assault weapons ban.

In addition to the legislative proposals, the new plan includes  19 executive orders that the White House will implement unilaterally, according to reports Tuesday from POLITICO and the New York Times.

The executive orders, first detailed by Vice President Joe Biden in a meeting with House Democrats Monday, include:

New limits on imported guns from overseas
 Allowing federal agencies to share mental health records
 Sharing of gun databases among federal and state agencies
 Direct the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to resume research on gun violence
Increased enforcement of existing laws
 Prosecution of people who lie on background checks.

Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.) told POLITICO that the executive orders were designed to reinforce existing laws, while getting as much as possible done independently from Congress in order to maintain political capital and frame the debate in a finite way.

President George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton both used executive orders as a strategy to deal with gun control, so the plan is far from unprecedented. Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas indicated he would file articles of impeachment against the President if he used the strategy to address gun control.

SEE ALSO: An Eye-Popping Number Of People Support The NRA's Plan To Put More Armed Guards In Schools

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-guns-executive-order-2013-1#ixzz2I5UGVm21

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas indicated he would file articles of impeachment against the President if he used the strategy to address gun control.

On what grounds? I applaud his effort, but it's a difficult task to undertake and his chances of succeeding are slim. Actually, filing the articles is "easy." I'm talking about actually getting the guy impeached, which is on a whole different level.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

On what grounds? I applaud his effort, but it's a difficult task to undertake and his chances of succeeding are slim. Actually, filing the articles is "easy." I'm talking about actually getting the guy impeached, which is on a whole different level.

The first black potus is not getting impeached  - period 

Montague

• Getbig V
The first black potus is not getting impeached  - period 

I sadly agree.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I sadly agree.

Obama could rape a goat and then hang it off the brooklynbridge and feed the entrails to rats in gthe NYC subway and his cult of idiots would support him, 

Montague

• Getbig V
Obama could rape a goat and then hang it off the brooklynbridge and feed the entrails to rats in gthe NYC subway and his cult of idiots would support him, 

LOL!!
That claim probably isn't much of a stretch for some of them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Gun sale surge driven by fear, Obama says
The San Francisco Chronicle ^ | January 14, 2013 | Charles J. Lewis
Posted on January 15, 2013 7:29:06 PM EST by 2ndDivisionVet

One month after the school massacre in Newtown, Conn., President Obama attributed the recent surge of weapons sales to efforts by gun control foes to arouse fears that the federal government would seize firearms.

Obama said he would unveil details of his "sensible, common-sense" program for tighter gun controls later this week. The president, responding to questions at a White House news conference Monday, said those steps would include "an assault weapons ban that is meaningful," stronger background checks and measures to keep high-capacity magazine clips "out of the hands of folks who shouldn't have them."

Asked at his news conference about the boom in weapons sales amid administration efforts to tighten gun rules, Obama said gun control opponents "have a pretty effective way of ginning up fear on the part of gun owners that somehow the federal government is about to take all your guns away."

The administration's gun control agenda is being fashioned by Vice President Joe Biden...

(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...