Author Topic: Was it wrong the way I reacted? What would you have done?  (Read 1302 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Was it wrong the way I reacted? What would you have done?
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
I was walking by a set of stairs leading up to a building and some kids were jumping up and down them and one comes crashing down and is screaming holding his ankle.  I am the only adult near them.  I ask the kids if he really hurt himself and they say yes.
The kid is looking at me crying and I ask if he is okay, but I don't want to touch him.  I just don't fucking trust people these days.  I don't want to be accused as the one that hurt him.  A bunch of ladies run up and sit him up asking if he is okay, then some dude comes over and asks and the kid tries to stand but can't so the guy lifts him up and they walk the kid inside the building for help.

I just walk away.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Was it wrong the way I reacted? What would you have done?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:51 AM »
That's the way you reacted - it's over and ok.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »
I was walking by a set of stairs leading up to a building and some kids were jumping up and down them and one comes crashing down and is screaming holding his ankle.  I am the only adult near them.  I ask the kids if he really hurt himself and they say yes.
The kid is looking at me crying and I ask if he is okay, but I don't want to touch him.  I just don't fucking trust people these days.  I don't want to be accused as the one that hurt him.  A bunch of ladies run up and sit him up asking if he is okay, then some dude comes over and asks and the kid tries to stand but can't so the guy lifts him up and they walk the kid inside the building for help.

I just walk away.

I hope to god it wasn't a white kid!!!!

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »
this is really strange diablo, it's related to your different culture (i assume you are in the US): here in ita we would have rushed to help the kid, lift him up, hell, of course touch him in the process.
is there anything bad in this???

of course if i was in your shoes maybe i would have reacted the same.
North of Italy

ukjeff

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
fuck him

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
this is really strange diablo, it's related to your different culture (i assume you are in the US): here in ita we would have rushed to help the kid, lift him up, hell, of course touch him in the process.
is there anything bad in this???

of course if i was in your shoes maybe i would have reacted the same.

People are sue happy in the states.
A

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »

People are sue happy in the states.

i know and just let me say it just sucks as far as human relationships are concerned
North of Italy

jakew300

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
You did better than me.  I would of told the kid sucks to be you and keep walking.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:18 AM »
i know and just let me say it just sucks as far as human relationship are concerned

I agree.  Completely kills the sense of community.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
i know and just let me say it just sucks as far as human relationships are concerned

That's the thing.  I was in a lose/lose situation.  If the kids mom or parent were there they could be assholes and scream that I hurt their kid, if I don't help him I am not nice.  Can't win.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
Why would you care about random snot of the street? I would have sped up and kept my hands in my pockets so not to catch rabies or something.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:19 AM »
I mean atleast you asked him if hes OK.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
I mean atleast you asked him if hes OK.

Yeah, at least you asked him. I'm not touching a kid that isnt mine unless they are bleeding out. I'll talk to them, locate a parent, call 911 etc etc, but not going to touch him or her unless there is a medical need. Hate that it is this way, but it is what it is.   

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
Shake your head and tell his friends he'll have to be put down.  Then locate the parents and maybe phone an ambulance if shit is dire.

While help is on the way make sure he's still lucid by pounding on his chest and screaming COME ON DON'T QUIT ON ME.  I've always wanted to do that.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »
Yeah, at least you asked him. I'm not touching a kid that isnt mine unless they are bleeding out. I'll talk to them, locate a parent, call 911 etc etc, but not going to touch him or her unless there is a medical need. Hate that it is this way, but it is what it is.   

Excatly my thought at the time.  I did not want to touch him.  I did stand around until some other people came and took the kid.  Last thing I need is someone blaming me for breaking his ankle or making it worst or whatever.  Fuck , the could have screamed that I pushed him.  who are they going to be believe?  Don't need this shit, can't trust anyone these days.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
There's always going to be gunsmoke and bullshit but I'd find it easier to live with doing the right thing.  I'd be hoping the other guy felt the same if I needed help.