Author Topic: What ever you do in Oklahoma, don't end up in JAIL it could kill you  (Read 3718 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Extremely interesting read by an officer working in that said jail, he has 45 min of video footage tesifying to the brutal and animalistic behavior towards normal people, not career criminals but normal people that were stupid enough to end up a night in jail.
Why this is not getting the full media attention is beyond me...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/16ktvd/iama_former_employee_of_a_jail_where_i_watched/

I saw horrific beatings happen almost every day. I saw inmates being beat senseless for not moving fast enough. I saw inmates urinate on themselves because they had been chained up for hours and officers refused to let them use the bathroom. This didn't happen because they were busy, this happened because it was fun. I saw an old man be beat bad enough to be taken to the hospital because he didn't respond to a verbal order RIGHT AFTER he took out his hearing aids (which he was ordered to do.)

I was fired after I caught the beating of a triple amputee (you read that right!) on video, and I got 7 officers fired for brutality.

Don't believe me? here's a still from the video.

This is one second of over 14 minutes of this poor man being beaten with a mop handle, kicked, punched and thrown around. As you can see in the video, he is down in the left hand corner, naked and cowerig while being sprayed with pepper spray.http://imgur.com/I8eeq

After I was fired, I sued the Sheriff's Office and the Board of County Commissioners and I settled the night before trial. I consider every penny that I got blood money, but I did get a letter of recommendation hand signed by ther sheriff himself, and I FLAT OUT REFUSED to sign a non-disclosure agreement. One of my biggest regrets in life is not taking that case to trial, but I just emotionally couldn't do it. I also regret not going to the press immediately with what I had as it happened. I want someone to finally listen about what goes on in that jail. Instead of going to the press, I decided to speak with attorneys and help inmates who were beaten and murdered by detention officers in the jail.

In the last 5 years I have been deposed twice and I have been flown across the planet 3 times to be deposed or to testify in cases against the Sheriff. I have also been consulted by 4 or 5 other attorneys with cases against the Sherfiff. Every single time my name has been brought up (with 1 exception) the case has settled within a few months at the most. The record is 2 weeks. Some of those have gag orders on them or are sealed, so I can't discuss the ones that are under an order like that, but not all of them are like that.

Let's talk about the two most recent cases I have been involved in:

Christopher Beckman was an inmate. He was brought in on a DUI or something like that, he wasn't a career criminal, he was a guy like you, or your buddy, or your dad who fucked up and did something stupid while drunk. He had a seizure in the jail because he was epileptic and didn't get his medications. During this seizure he was hog tied, and ran HEAD FIRST into a 2" thick steel door, concrete walls and elevator doors. His skull was crushed and he died a few days later. I was deposed in his case and very soon afterward the family settled for an "undisclosed" amount of money other than the 1mil, and I promise you this..... they didn't get enough. The officers that did that to them? One of them pled out for a year in jail, the other got nothing. http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110606_12_0_OLHMIY608751

Dionne McKinney: She is the toughest woman on this planet. She fought for 9 and 1/2 years to take the sheriff to trial and she did it. NO ONE takes the Sheriff to trial in OK county and wins. It hasn't happened in a civil case since the 1970's (from what I understand) She was brutally beaten in the Jail in May of 2003. I testified in this case earlier this month.http://newsok.com/jury-finds-in-favor-of-woman-who-says-oklahoma-county-jail-detention-officers-assaulted-her-nearly-10-years-ago/article/3738355

Why do I live so far away? I fear for my life. I left oklahoma in march of 2010 after I turned over every piece of evidence that I had to the feds. When I have been flown in, I have been in and out in 2 days for depositions, but for the trial, I had to be there for almost a week. I spent 4 days barricaded in my best friends' house. When I left my family in OK after testifying a few weeks ago, I knew that I'd never be able to see them in Oklahoma again and flights to me are not cheap. Here is an absolutely scathing report from the department of justice about the Oklahoma County Jail in 2008. http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/spl/documents/OKCounty_Jail_findlet_073108.pdf

TL:DR I worked in a jail where I saw human beings being treated like dogs every day, I tried to stop it, but was fired for it and have spent the last few years being deposed and testifying about the atrocities that I witnessed.

EDIT: I had no idea this would get any attention, holy crap. I've been here answering your many wonderful questions for the better part of the last 11 hours and I really must get some sleep. I will answer any new questions when I get up in a few hours! Thank you so much!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: What ever you do in Oklahoma, don't end up in JAIL it could kill you
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
Police and military can attract some deranged power hungry people.
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
Police and military can attract some deranged power hungry people.

Indeed!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »
My friend spent a while in Dade County jail, she said it was pretty nice but full of scary disgusting people.

My local sheriff is a professional like none other, I'd pick his jail over some local hotels.  ;D

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »
I was locked up in Austin, TX for a few days. There was only one other white man in the cell block. The black lads were ok and I played chess with them and watched Judge Judy all day. "Where the hell you from, maaaaan that's a craaaaazy accent" and asking me about training 'n' shit. Was ok.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
I was locked up in Austin, TX for a few days. There was only one other white man in the cell block. The black lads were ok and I played chess with them and watched Judge Judy all day. "Where the hell you from, maaaaan that's a craaaaazy accent" and asking me about training 'n' shit. Was ok.

do you become more aggressive when you're loaded?

when i'd get drunk i'd actually become more calm and mellow

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:13 PM »
do you become more aggressive when you're loaded?

when i'd get drunk i'd actually become more calm and mellow

I'm more calm as well, I don't fly off the rails like I used to. I kicked down a door in the UT Campus and the people rang the cops of course. I was just trying to offer them some vodka

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
I'm more calm as well, I don't fly off the rails like I used to. I kicked down a door in the UT Campus and the people rang the cops of course. I was just trying to offer them some vodka

;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »
i'm happy i'm not in jail/prison

it sucks bigtime

no getbig

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »

haha, what did you do to get locked up in Texas? ???

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »
haha, what did you do to get locked up in Texas? ???

Sucked too many cock ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »

Hope you enjoyed Austin while you were here. Great city for music

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »
Sucked too many cock ;D

Oh yeah, I believe Texas has laws against that!  ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 01:28:04 PM »
Only thing good from Oklahoma I know is leon Russell....

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
Sucked too many cock ;D

This and I also drank too much and kicked in some apartment door of a neighbour whose house party I was at...I had a litre bottle of vodka in my hand to drink with them, how ungrateful

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
Hope you enjoyed Austin while you were here. Great city for music

The bars closed too fucking early. I had to venture out to the strip clubs way outside the city and they wouldn't even serve booze after like 3am...you had to BYOB

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 02:40:39 PM »
  Balkan prisons are horrible

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »
This and I also drank too much and kicked in some apartment door of a neighbour whose house party I was at...I had a litre bottle of vodka in my hand to drink with them, how ungrateful

Hey I still have that picture if you and that *Merican chick you fucked, you think that's creepy ? ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 04:54:27 PM »
Rough