Author Topic: Obama setting up Potrmkin Village photo op for gun grab  (Read 1646 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Obama setting up Potrmkin Village photo op for gun grab
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:20:29 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-to-unveil-sweeping-gun-proposals-wednesday-including-assault-weapons-ban/2013/01/15/09452c34-5f31-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_story.html?wpisrc=al_comboNP_p

Not my president.   Not now - not ever.
What citizenship are you claiming nowadays? You have to at least leave mommy's house in the Bronx to begin your path to renouncing citizenship.
GET A JOB, YA' FREELOADING LOSER!  >:(

!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
The "Potamkin Village" was a term that was first coined in one of radio host Mark Levin's show.  It is very apt in this situation.  Presidents and politicians have always used advantageous photo ops in the hopes of swaying citizen's views on a particular subject, but there media nowadays are so overwhelmingly in favor of this president that it truly acts as a Potamkin Village.  They maintain a facade of inquisitiveness but in reality fawn over anything the president does.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2518621

Disgusting. 

It's disgusting and pathetic, but a very smart strategy. Obviously, it won't pressure the key decision-makers opposing him, but it will probably be enough to sway some more of the weak-minded public into thinking it's a good idea.

However, I do wonder why a president so arrogant, so indifferent to the people's best interests, and especially one not concerned with re-election would be compelled to use a thinly-veiled persuasive tactic like this, when he simply does what he wants regardless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 03:50:52 AM »

It's disgusting and pathetic, but a very smart strategy. Obviously, it won't pressure the key decision-makers opposing him, but it will probably be enough to sway some more of the weak-minded public into thinking it's a good idea.

However, I do wonder why a president so arrogant, so indifferent to the people's best interests, and especially one not concerned with re-election would be compelled to use a thinly-veiled persuasive tactic like this, when he simply does what he wants regardless.

Because Obama was and will always be a tyrant. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:48:10 AM »
Because Obama was and will always be a tyrant. 
:D

!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »
 :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:10 AM »

W.H. Releases Letters from Little Kids Pleading for Gun Control

7:20 AM, Jan 16, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

Single PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts

The White House today released letters from little kids pleading for gun control, just hours before President Obama is to release a comprehensive proposal to limit guns and ammunition. The letters were released to the Associated Press in what appears to be a coordinated effort to help shape the narrative the day of Obama's announcement.

"Three days after six teachers and 20 students were killed by a rampaging gunman at their elementary school in Newtown, Conn., an 8-year-old from Maryland pulled out a sheet of paper and asked President Barack Obama for 'some changes in the laws with guns,'" the AP reports.

"It's a free country but I recommend there needs (to) be a limit with guns," Grant wrote in a letter dated Dec. 17. "Please don't let people own machine guns or other powerful guns like that."

In the days after the shooting, children around the country had the same idea as Grant. They put their feelings about the massacre on paper and sent those letters to a receptive White House.

"I am writing to ask you to STOP gun violence," wrote Tajeah, a 10-year-old from Georgia. "I am very sad about the children who lost their lives. So, I thought I would write to you to STOP gun violence."

Half way through the article, the AP admits, "The White House shared three such letters with The Associated Press, from young writers who seemed to agree that Obama should do what's necessary to make it harder for people to get guns."

White House spokesman Jay Carney announced yesterday that Obama will be surrounded by little kids when he announces his gun proposal later today.

Another letter reads: