Author Topic: Interesting vid about St.paul  (Read 1256 times)

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
Interesting vid about St.paul
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »

in response to:

I personally believe Muhammad was listening to, and probably possessed by, demons. But even if it were an angel, Paul warns:

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Interesting vid about St.paul
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
To be honest, I dismissed this clip approx 17 seconds into it because it uses a verse from Romans (Romans 3:7) to outline the purpose of the video.  Normally there is nothing wrong with that and is completely appropriate, but the verse is taken completely out of context; additionally, it's takes that out of context verse and only displays the first half of it LOL!  That said, the video immediately represents itself as untrustworthy despite its intent as purporting "the truth of Paul's lies".

Here is the all important missing context around that verse:

Romans 3

God Remains Faithful
1 Then what’s the advantage of being a Jew? Is there any value in the ceremony of circumcision? 2 Yes, there are great benefits! First of all, the Jews were entrusted with the whole revelation of God.

3 True, some of them were unfaithful; but just because they were unfaithful, does that mean God will be unfaithful? 4 Of course not! Even if everyone else is a liar, God is true. As the Scriptures say about him,

“You will be proved right in what you say,
    and you will win your case in court."

5 “But,” some might say, “our sinfulness serves a good purpose, for it helps people see how righteous God is. Isn’t it unfair, then, for him to punish us?” (This is merely a human point of view.) 6 Of course not! If God were not entirely fair, how would he be qualified to judge the world? 7 “But,” someone might still argue, “how can God condemn me as a sinner if my dishonesty highlights his truthfulness and brings him more glory?” 8 And some people even slander us by claiming that we say, “The more we sin, the better it is!” Those who say such things deserve to be condemned.