Author Topic: Contradictions in the Qur'an  (Read 2727 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Contradictions in the Qur'an
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:59:21 AM »
What was man created from, blood, clay, dust, or nothing?

"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).
Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped

the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things," (2:256).

"And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith," (9:3).
"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (9:5).
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (9:29).

The first Muslim was Muhammad?  Abraham?  Jacob? Moses?

"And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).
"When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).
"And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).

Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed," (4:48).  Also 4:116
The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority," (4:153).

Are Allah's decrees changed or not?

"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).
"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all, (6:115).
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" (2:106).
When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not," (16:101).

Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?

"We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)!  This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).
Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!"  So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).

Is wine consumption good or bad?

O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).
(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).
Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25).

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
Re: Contradictions in the Qur'an
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »
These are not contradictions... go do some research and quit being lazy.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
These are not contradictions... go do some research and quit being lazy.

Yes they are.  Admit it or refute them.  Quit being lazy.

What will you do now, post a video or a few dozen?  LOL    ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
Uh oh loco, you're dangerously close to "Islamophobe" territory.  

I suppose anytime someone disagrees with me I should hit em with "CHRISTIANOPHOBE!!"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »
Uh oh loco, you're dangerously close to "Islamaphobe" territory.  

I suppose anytime someone disagrees with me I should hit em with "CHRISTIANAPHOBE!!"

LOL...since our Muslim fellow bodybuilders love to point out the alleged contractions in the Bible, I thought I'd start reminding them of the many contradictions in the Qur'an

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:35 AM »
LOL...since our Muslim fellow bodybuilders love to point out the alleged many contractions in the Bible, I thought I'd start reminding them of the many contradictions in the Qur'an

OH SNAP!!  You done did it now son!

Prepare yourself for 9000 youtube videos from the Deen show and The Merciful Servant!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
OH SNAP!!  You done did it now son!

Prepare yourself for 9000 youtube videos from the Deen show and The Merciful Servant!!

LOL    ;D

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »
Yes they are.  Admit it or refute them.  Quit being lazy.

What will you do now, post a video or a few dozen?  LOL    ;D

Is wine consumption good or bad?

O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).
(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).
Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25).

Wine in this life intoxicates you and is forbidden. In paradise, the wine dose not intoxicate, it is not the same kind of wordly wine you drink here on earth. like a typical angry ignorant anti-islam critic you forgot to add the verse where Allah discribes it and tells us that it isnt the same kind of wine.You fail again Loco.

Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?

"We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)!  This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).
Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!"  So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).

again, another one of Locos typical failures. The pharoah was drowned.  He himself claimed to be God and wanted to destroy moses becuase he hated the truth. when he and his tropps went into the sea to get Moses, the sea closed up. As he saw the waves comming and began to drown he started to yell and clamied to be a muslim. YET all this time he was wicked and in rebllion. So now when deathwas certain and he couldnt conceal the truth any longer(that there is no God but Allah). But by now it was TOO LATE. and So Allah says he will perserve the body until the day of Judgement! Which he did! they found is body perfectly perserved thousands of years later! infact MANY scienists became muslim after this discovery. Its at the Cairo musem. Loco fails...again

Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed," (4:48).  Also 4:116
The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority," (4:153).

ALLAH will forgive ALL SINS if you repent(a true repentence) while you are STILL ALIVE! After death Allah will forgive all sins EXPECT POLYTHIESM/SAYING ALLAH HAS A SON/RIVALS like the pagans do. so again, you fail. if you die while being a polythiest, Allah will not forgive you and you will be doomed to Hell. now if you were a polythiest an repent BEFORE you dieand change your ways, Allah is the most merciful and will forgive you.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »
now if you will excuse me I have to go to afternoon prayer  :) and pray just like MOSES,JESUS and MOHAMMAD (PBUH) DID!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
now if you will excuse me I have to go to afternoon prayer  :) and pray just like MOSES,JESUS and MOHAMMAD (PBUH) DID!

Peace be unto you.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »
Peace be unto you.

The same to you.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
lol those are not contradictions.

I've heard them all before, and it's funny. It's not a contradiction that we are created from sperm, we are. We are created from water, we are. We are created from the soil of the earth (we are, the elements in the earth are present in us), etc... etc...

Try harder. But no matter how hard you try you will not find any contradictions in the qur'an. It takes little effort to find contradictions in the bible. lets just say even new testament by itself, the accounts of what Jesus said, did, those around him. Even Paul's three accounts of his visions contradict themselves. Soo...

And indeed no one is forcing you to become Muslim. Do as you will and believe you as will it will be you who will be judged accordingly on the day of judgment by God.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »

I've heard them all before, and it's funny. It's not a contradiction that we are created from sperm, we are. We are created from water, we are. We are created from the soil of the earth (we are, the elements in the earth are present in us), etc... etc...

Try harder. But no matter how hard you try you will not find any contradictions in the qur'an. It takes little effort to find contradictions in the bible. lets just say even new testament by itself, the accounts of what Jesus said, did, those around him. Even Paul's three accounts of his visions contradict themselves. Soo...

And indeed no one is forcing you to become Muslim. Do as you will and believe you as will it will be you who will be judged accordingly on the day of judgment by God.

Yes!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »

Well said.  For a contradiction to exist the verses must be mutually exclusive, i.e. both verses can not be true at the same time.  That is not the case for any of loco's examples above, but there are countless real contradictions in the Bible which are mutually exclusive.  If loco wishes I can copy-paste a bunch.