Author Topic: Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It's a Democratic Problem  (Read 6202 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It's a Democratic Problem

Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It's a Democratic Problem
 Front Page Magazine ^ | January 18, 2013 | Daniel Greenfield

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 1:17:47 PM by CharlesMartelsGhost

Forget Wal-Mart and skip your local gun show. The murderers of tomorrow will not be found wearing orange vests at your local sporting goods store. They won’t have NRA memberships or trophies on their walls.

You won’t find them in America. Look for them in Obamerica.

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.

Those are the crowded cities of Obamerica. Those are the places with the most restrictive gun control laws and the highest crime rates. And many of them have been run by Democrats and their political machines for almost as long as they have been broken.

Obama won every major city in the election, except for Jacksonville and Salt Lake City. And the higher the death rate, the bigger his victory.

He won New Orleans by 80 to 17 where the murder rate is ten times higher than the national average. He won Detroit, where the murder rate of 53 per 100,000 people is the second highest in the country and twice as high as any country in the world, including the Congo and South Africa. He won it 73 to 26. And then he celebrated his victory in Chicago where the murder rate is three times the statewide average.

These places aren’t America. They’re Obamerica.

In 2006, the 54% of the population living in those 50 metro areas was responsible for 67% of armed killings nationwide. Those are disproportionate numbers especially when you consider that for the people living in most of those cities walking into a store and legally buying a gun is all but impossible.

Mayors of Obamerican cities blame guns because it’s easier than blaming people and now the President of Obamerica has turned to the same shameless tactic. The NRA counters that people kill people, but that’s exactly why Obamerican leaders would rather talk about the guns.

Chicago, the capital of Obamerica, is a city run by gangs and politicians. It has 68,000 gang members, four times the number of police officers. Chicago politicians solicit the support of gang members in their campaigns, accepting laundered contributions from them, hiring their members and tipping them off about upcoming police raids. And their biggest favor to the gang bosses is doing nothing about the epidemic of gang violence.

80% of Chicago’s murders are gang-related. But in 1999 when a bill came up in the Illinois State Senate to charge anyone carrying out a firearm attack on school property as an adult, a law that would have largely affected gang members, the future leader of Obamerica voted present. Had he not voted present, it is doubtful that he would have been reelected in an area where gang leaders wield a great deal of influence.

The majority of murders in the cities with the worst homicide rates are gang-related. And while it isn’t always possible to be certain whether a killing was gang-related, the majority of homicide victims in city after city have been found to have criminal records.

In 2010, there were 11,078 firearm homicides in the United States and over 2,000 known gang-related killings, over 90% of which are carried out with firearms. Since 1981, Los Angeles alone has had 16,000 gang related homicides. That’s more than twice the number of Americans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is what Obamerica looks like. It’s a place where life is cheap and illegal guns are as available as illegal drugs. It’s the war that we aren’t talking about, because it’s easier to talk about the inanimate objects being used to fight that war.

There are, as John Edwards said, two Americas. America is a country that runs pretty well. And then there’s Obamerica. Not all of Obamerica is broken, but a lot of it is. America does not have a gun violence problem. Obamerica does. And Obamerica has a gun violence problem for the same reason that it has a drug problem and a broken family problem.

Democratic leaders and machines, combined with social workers and justice crusaders have run Obamerica into the ground. Obamerican cities used to be the homes of industry and progress. Now they’re places where young Black and Hispanic men kill each other in growing numbers.

America does not need gun control. It is a mostly law-abiding place. And gun control cannot help Obamerica. Not when its murder rate is driven by gangs who have no trouble obtaining anything; whether it’s legal in the United States or not.

This country does not need to have a conversation about how many bullets should go in a clip. It does need to have a conversation about how many parents should go in a family. It needs to talk about the ghettos of Obamerica and have a serious conversation about broken families and generational dependency.

Obama has become a role model to millions of people in the black community. If anyone can address these problems, it’s him. But instead of trying to solve the problems of Obamerica, instead of doing something about the high levels of unemployment, the broken families and the glamorization of drug dealing and violent crime, he wimped out and picked a fight with rural America.

AIDS prevention was sabotaged by the claim that the disease was a general problem spreading through the population. It wasn’t. Neither is gun violence.

Adam Lanza is as much of a poster boy for gun violence, as Ryan White was for AIDS. A better poster boy for gun violence might be Jay-Z, who boasts of having been a drug dealer and claims to have shot his brother at the age of 12. The drug dealer to millionaire rapper is the Horatio Alger story of Obamerica. And Jay-Z can be seen partying with Obama.

If Obama really wants to get serious about gun violence, then all he has to do is turn to the man standing next to him. But Obama, like every Chicago politician before him, don’t want to end the violence. The death toll is profitable, not just for rappers writing bad poetry about dealing drugs and shooting rivals, but for the politicians atop that heap who score money and gain power by using the problems of Obamerica as some sort of call to conscience for the rest of the country.

That’s what Obama is doing now. Hiding behind Newtown and adorable little kids is the grim specter of Obamerica’s death toll. It’s buried inside the gruesome figures of how many Americans are shot each year issued as an indictment against the entire country in general and gun owners in particular. But those numbers are not an indictment of America. They are an indictment of Democratic mayors and liberal social policy. They are an indictment of Obama.

We need to set aside the same old tired social justice rhetoric and have a serious conversation about what is wrong with New Orleans, Detroit and Chicago. And we need to do it before it’s too late.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It's a Democratic Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
Dead on....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
classic right wing desperation to blame Dems rather than trying to address the problem

Since virtually ALL of these nutbag shooters in these mass murder event are white men one could just as easily it's a problem with white men

btw - Adam Lanza is most definitely a poster boy for this nutbag gun violence and along with being a white man he was also described by people who knew him as a politically conservative

The killer at the Sikh temple was a white male, white supremacist type who  talked about an "impending racial holy war"

sounds like that guy would have fit right in on this board

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
And...nutbag in Arizona..he was what? The raghead at FT Hood was what.......keep cherry picking. The inner cities are minority fueled cess pools. Maybe if these people had jobs, self worth and were stop being lied to by lib douchbags they'd be better off.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »
classic right wing desperation to blame Dems rather than trying to address the problem

Since virtually ALL of these nutbag shooters in these mass murder event are white men one could just as easily it's a problem with white men

btw - Adam Lanza is most definitely a poster boy for this nutbag gun violence and along with being a white man he was also described by people who knew him as a politically conservative

The killer at the Sikh temple was a white male, white supremacist type who  talked about an "impending racial holy war"

sounds like that guy would have fit right in on this board

LOL im not saying its one groups problem or anothers but you really cant argue with the numbers straw.

you mention a few isolated incidents where ppl are killed the incidents that the article refers to happen everyday all over the country.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
And...nutbag in Arizona..he was what? The raghead at FT Hood was what.......keep cherry picking. The inner cities are minority fueled cess pools. Maybe if these people had jobs, self worth and were stop being lied to by lib douchbags they'd be better off.

White Male

Brown Male (rare exception to the White Male)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
LOL im not saying its one groups problem or anothers but you really cant argue with the numbers straw.

you mention a few isolated incidents where ppl are killed the incidents that the article refers to happen everyday all over the country.

so you must be in favor of these big city mayors who are trying to take actions to reduce gun violence

right ?

I mean, you're actually serious in your concern?

btw - I do actually agree with you.  I think I heard there have been something like 900+ gun deaths (can't that even be right) since the Newtown shooting

you know what would be a good way to get public support behind some new legislation

let's show the graphic photos of gun violence victims on the news

I'm sure if we saw the bodies of those cute little six year olds who were shot 9, 10, 11 times etc.. and maybe people would be motivated to do something

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
so you must be in favor of these big city mayors who are trying to take actions to reduce gun violence

right ?

I mean, you're actually serious in your concern?

btw - I do actually agree with you.  I think I heard there have been something like 900+ gun deaths (can't that even be right) since the Newtown shooting

you know what would be a good way to get public support behind some new legislation

let's show the graphic photos of gun violence victims on the news

I'm sure if we saw the bodies of those cute little six year olds who were shot 9, 10, 11 times etc.. and maybe people would be motivated to do something
where did I ever say I was against reducing gun violence and I wasnt concerned about it?

I am very concerned about it but believe we should address the root issue and the root issue is not guns, its the desire to kill innocent ppl.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
I thought the argument posted was about the fact that most of the violence is happening in democrat country and not republican.  Why did it get turned into a race thing from where it started?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »
I thought the argument posted was about the fact that most of the violence is happening in democrat country and not republican.  Why did it get turned into a race thing from where it started?
havent you heard hugo?

if youre a white male then youre an evil republican, sorry to be the one to inform you...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »

any correlation between income and gun violence?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
any correlation between income and gun violence?
sounds like a good thread to start.  find out the facts and start a thread on it.  Nobody is stopping you.

I think overall dem controlled areas, what this thread is about, the average income is higher than republican areas.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »
sounds like a good thread to start.  find out the facts and start a thread on it.  Nobody is stopping you.

I think overall dem controlled areas, what this thread is about, the average income is higher than republican areas.

I'd guess gun violence (and crime, drug use, etc..) is more prevalent as income drops and I doubt there is any correlation to "dem controlled areas"

just because, for example Chicago, has a democratic mayor is not a causation or even a correlation of gun violence

there is a connection  though between states that have strict gun laws and those that don't

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/the-geography-of-gun-deaths/69354/

and on a geographic basis the South has more gun violence than other regions of the country

http://www.kieranhealy.org/blog/archives/2012/07/21/assault-deaths-within-the-united-states/

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 07:11:22 AM »

It IS a white man problem.  Hell, I'm white a can see that.

How often does a brother go on a shooting rampage?  Not nearly as often.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 08:43:26 AM »

It IS a white man problem.  Hell, I'm white a can see that.

How often does a brother go on a shooting rampage?  Not nearly as often.

The VA Tech Shooter= Asian

The LIRR Rampage Shooter= Black (Colin Fergueson)

The Foot Hood (workplace violence) Shooter= Arab (Hassan)

The beltway snipers= Both black (John Muhammad and Lee Malvo)

There are also several examples of non whites going on relatively small scale killing sprees. One of the many is below:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/cupertino-shooting-friends-shareef-allman.html

These examples (and there are many others) coupled with the fact that the overwhelming majority of gun violence is committed by non whites with unlicensed guns obliterate the false premise that legal white gun owners are the problem. As with most things, reality is an "inconvenient" truth to liberal morons and crooked politicians alike. Expect the new gun regulations to have the cumulative effect of doing nothing to stop gun violence while ensnaring law abiding gun owners with criminal penalties based on vague and incomprehensible ex post facto legislation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »
Daniel Greenfield is by far one of the best writers out there.

Leftist thugs and white liberal communists need high black crime in the ghetto to justify disarming the white middle class who they fear will revolt from their progressive tyranny and police state. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 01:02:42 PM »
havent you heard hugo?

if youre a white male then youre an evil republican, sorry to be the one to inform you...

Stop playing victim its sad.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
Blacks usually shot adults its the white guys that target children.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
Stop playing victim its sad.
hahah except if youre black, right whore?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
Blacks usually shot adults its the white guys that target children.

I wonder how many kids have died in drive bys and random acts of violence by blacks?

garuntee its more than die in mass shootings from whites

but hey lets focus on what the media tells us is the problem not what the real problem is...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
I wonder how many kids have died in drive bys and random acts of violence by blacks?

but hey lets focus on what the media tells us is the problem not what the real problem is...

;D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
hahah except if youre black, right whore?

Nope its always sad when people acts as victims.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »

I thought we were talking mass shootings here?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
I thought we were talking mass shootings here?
of course you did, b/c in a bubble youre argument actually makes sense but outside of it....

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
of course you did, b/c in a bubble youre argument actually makes sense but outside of it....

Is the mass shootings that caused these events no?