Author Topic: Hard work and success  (Read 5742 times)

kofo

• Getbig II
Hard work and success
« on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »

The hard workers dont succeed. Those who make it are those who just cruised threw their education and life in general. If you struggled and barely made it just thanks to your hard work, youll never be a success in your field.

kofo

• Getbig II
Re: Hard work and success
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:19:20 AM »
Lets say you wanna be good in math. If you work really hard with your homework in high school and college you could barely make it. But not like the guy who just took it naturally, by paying attention in class, barely doing any homework cause he got a gift for math. Whos got the biggest chance in getting a Nobel prize.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:22:54 AM »
Its fucked up for sure.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:46 AM »
I can honestly say I never tried in school other than the bare minimum.. I bought two books total after my first semester in undergrad and for grad school I never studied more than the day of and occasionally the night before and had an ok GPA of 3.6.. I am most proud of scoring in the 85% percentile of a cumulative business test given to all MBA students in AACSB certified programs. I wish I would have tried harder though and picked up better internships and work experience, instead of being a dumb meathead bodybuilder.

I still have accomplished close to nothing in the real world, so what the fuck do I know

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:06:45 AM »
I can honestly say I never tried in school other than the bare minimum.. I bought two books total after my first semester in undergrad and for grad school I never studied more than the day of and occasionally the night before and had an ok GPA of 3.6.. I am most proud of scoring in the 85% percentile of a cumulative business test given to all MBA students in AACSB certified programs. I wish I would have tried harder though and picked up better internships and work experience, instead of being a dumb meathead bodybuilder.

I still have accomplished close to nothing in the real world, so what the fuck do I know

I'm curios, with what kind of degree can you get away with studying like that  ???
from incomplete data

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 03:20:07 AM »
I'm curios, with what kind of degree can you get away with studying like that  ???
a finance degree and MBA lol.. It really isn't that bad... I'm very good at math and understand a lot of the conceptual shit pretty easily.. I'm not saying I went to Harvard though, but still they were respectable universities..

I sometimes wish I would have went to school to become a pharmacist, but I think my work ethic in school, or lack there of would have got me in trouble.. I hate studying and many of the health fields are tons of memorization and studying. I knew some very smart kids who would study 4-5 hours a day for certain classes.. I would have never survived.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 03:22:50 AM »
Hard work? Smart work you mean  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »
I define success as providing for your wife and kids in a way that you can sleep at night with no worries. What determines success? The factors are innate ability, luck, determination and hard work. If you can only choose one then choose hard work as your path to success.

Thomas Edison the great inventor said, "There is no substitute for hard work."

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 05:18:21 AM »
Define "HARD WORK"
V

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 05:28:58 AM »
I define success as providing for your wife and kids in a way that you can sleep at night with no worries. What determines success? The factors are innate ability, luck, determination and hard work. If you can only choose one then choose hard work as your path to success.

Thomas Edison the great inventor said, "There is no substitute for hard work."

With a wife and kids your life/freedom is over, great recipe for stress & worries.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 05:33:05 AM »

Harsh but brutal.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 05:34:28 AM »
success comes from finding out who you really are and then fully becoming that individual

much easier said than done though

remember... "you invent the future that you want to face"

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 05:35:25 AM »
With a wife and kids your life/freedom is over, great recipe for stress & worries.

Haha sad but true.
Having kids got me stress, no free time and a receeding hairline.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »
success comes from finding out who you really are and then fully becoming that individual

much easier said than done though

remember... "you invent the future that you want to face"

X2, it's all about being aware of your true person, a lifelong journey & challenge...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »
Lets say you wanna be good in math. If you work really hard with your homework in high school and college you could barely make it. But not like the guy who just took it naturally, by paying attention in class, barely doing any homework cause he got a gift for math. Whos got the biggest chance in getting a Nobel prize.

OUTED!

Why would you want to get a Nobelprize in Math?

What counts is banging bitches and then writing about it on Getbig

As soon as you've gotten a "Girls and sons"-reply from Uberman, then you know you've made it.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 10:54:32 AM »
  Matty has a brain

One Man Army

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:39 AM »

In Math?  Neither as there is no Nobel Prize in Mathematics.  Unless, of course, you mean some other category.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
Natural talent goes a long way, but if you grow up in an environment that is 100% counterintuitive to your gift, chances are it will be not be that easy to make it. Its not ALL or nothing.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
Define "HARD WORK"
If you need a definition of hard work I'm sure you have no success in your life unless your dad gave it to you on a silver platter.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
  Hard work is a phrase invented by people who never worked a day in their lives.

That is about right.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »
If you need a definition of hard work I'm sure you have no success in your life unless your dad gave it to you on a silver platter.
If you can't define HARD WORK, you obviously have no idea what it is.  If someone finds mathematics easy and natural and easily obtains high qualifications without much difficulty and effort, is his success not as deserving as someone who always struggled with math, needed extra tuition, failed many times along the way, but stuck to it and finally accomplished the same as the person for whom it came naturally.  They are both successful, but one struggled and suffered a lot more than the other.  Does your definition of HARD WORD mean consistent suffering in the pursuit of a goal?

And in my life, I have had varying degrees of success, but I can tell you the time I made the most money and others said I was most successful was far from the hardest I had worked.  I worked hard in my teenage years and early twenties with very little success or money.  hard work being equated with success is a myth, and if that was the case, SLAVES are the most successful people.
V

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »
Like if someone was developing real estate. Going for inspections of the estate, meeting with contractors and local officials etc thats not hard work im my view. And in 20 years time he is a millionaire thanks to "all my hard work" Bullshit ! Its challenging and difficult, yes, but not hard.

Hard work is working a factory line, hating your job, having no way of getting out of it.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »

Hard work is working a factory line, hating your job, having no way of getting out of it.
Exactly!
V

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 01:24:12 AM »

The man speaks the truth -

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:18 AM »
If you can't define HARD WORK, you obviously have no idea what it is.  If someone finds mathematics easy and natural and easily obtains high qualifications without much difficulty and effort, is his success not as deserving as someone who always struggled with math, needed extra tuition, failed many times along the way, but stuck to it and finally accomplished the same as the person for whom it came naturally.  They are both successful, but one struggled and suffered a lot more than the other.  Does your definition of HARD WORD mean consistent suffering in the pursuit of a goal?

And in my life, I have had varying degrees of success, but I can tell you the time I made the most money and others said I was most successful was far from the hardest I had worked.  I worked hard in my teenage years and early twenties with very little success or money.  hard work being equated with success is a myth, and if that was the case, SLAVES are the most successful people.

good post... maybe you did understand some of the nietzsche ???