Author Topic: Schwarzenegger's 'The Last Stand' flops  (Read 12049 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Schwarzenegger's 'The Last Stand' flops
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Box office flop, The Last Stand, fails to impress as it earns only $1.9million to kick off holiday weekend

Despite a high profile online press junket (money well spent there), the film bombed on opening and barely made it into tenth place. In fact, this marks the worst opening for an Arnie film since "Raw Deal" all the way back in 1986.

this is what happens when you allow Johnny knoxville in your promo poster.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Re: Schwarzenegger's 'The Last Stand' flops
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
"The last stand" ...liberally  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »
It looked like shit in the trailer. Arnold doesn't have his body or youth anymore. He's not a good actor and he's been reduced to cliches and one liners. Younger generations growing up don't hold him in the same regard as people around my age and older do so naturally, his popularity is and will continue to decline.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
"The last stand" ...liberally  ;D

you should have seen him in his press conferences talking shit about this will be a box office hit...Sorry Arnold you lost your audience, stallone somehow keeps his, even though stallone is older he seems younger then arnold and that translates on the big screen.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
It looked like shit in the trailer. Arnold doesn't have his body or youth anymore. He's not a good actor and he's been reduced to cliches and one liners. Younger generations growing up don't hold him in the same regard as people around my age and older do so naturally, his popularity is and will continue to decline.

It couldn't possibly be worse than the Expendables 2.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »

Wiggs, my thoughts exactly. the youth is gone, the younger generations look at him the way i look at burt reynolds.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »

I havent seen it, but it did not flop, stallone is setting up his kids nicely with the residuals.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »

Yes, although riddled with cliches and oneliners, look at the actors in the movie. It was 70's, 80's and 90s action hero heaven (no homo). That's why that movie did so well. This is just Arnold and Luis Guzman. lol

MikMaq

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
It`s worst than that, he assumed that most film goers are stupid.

I mean most are pretty dumb, but no matter how dumb one is, no one wants to see a senior citizen trying to play a badass.

Arnold never understood his legitimacy was based on high end films, like predator and T2.

If he were smart he would of monopolized on the production end of films like playing a nazi in inglorious bastards.

He got the fame and the wealth to get in on that kind of action, but I suppose his ego is too large to be supporting cast member.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »
Expendables 2 wasn't that bad, better than the first. Wonder how Slys next movie will do...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:03 PM »
Expendables 2 wasn't that bad, better than the first. Wonder how Slys next movie will do...

Sly knows the younger generation, his at the comic book festivals every year, stallone plays the game well, i know for the 1 st expendable he was on every talk show, from bill o'reilly, letterman, today show etc, that whole week was a stallone blitz, for the 2nd expendables his son died, no talk shows but it did better then the original.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »

Very good post.

I wouldn't say Arnold is reduced to cameos and B movies, but he needs to hang back and perhaps play 2nd or third fiddle to some of the younger action stars. I don't think he has leading man potential anymore, but he could fall nicely into supporting roles. I can see him as a father or mentor figure in current action films.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
8 years is a fraction of a generation that don't know his work but I think his second film will yield better.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
Looking forward to "The Tomb" though, where Arnold doesn't really play a 100 % Good guy :D

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 02:17:14 PM »
Arnold will continue to brutalize his legacy out of subservience to his ego -- he simply cannot leave the glow of the spotlight. He needs to take a cue from Johnny Carson, George W. Bush, and others who understood the gracefulness of becoming a private person once their time is up.

drum

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
Arnold will continue to brutalize his legacy out of subservience to his ego -- he simply cannot leave the glow of the spotlight. He needs to take a cue from Johnny Carson, George W. Bush, and others who understood the gracefulness of becoming a private person once their time is up.

Hard to do that when your still shootin up 300mg test 200mg primo every week!

drum

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
The fact is that hormones gave Arnie every thing good in his life but also contributed to all his fucks ups.  Fuckin the maid, the egomaniac ruthless personality his shit acting skills are probably in part due to the fact that he's semi-cooked his brain with years of aas and cadaver gh.

He could never play a father figure or mentor role because he's still juiced up and feels like a 25 year old.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »
  They should all stop. Sly, Arnold, Etc.,

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
Arnold is an old man now, I mean he looks like he should be sitting by the fire in a rocking chair with a dusty knitted blanket to keep the chill off his legs. Not still trying to play the "action hero".

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »
Bruce Willis seemse to be carving himself a nice niche right now IMO - a lot of cameo roles and playing elderly guys in young guy films.

Arnie should take note - but then he's  not the actor Willis is.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »
Arnold walks like an old lady.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
Bruce Willis seemse to be carving himself a nice niche right now IMO - a lot of cameo roles and playing elderly guys in young guy films.

Bruce Willis still has vigor though, and doesn't seem as old

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »
Can die already? Shitty movies, shitty governor and knocked up a human eggplant. Enough I say

MikMaq

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Arnold is an old man now, I mean he looks like he should be sitting by the fire in a rocking chair with a dusty knitted blanket to keep the chill off his legs. Not still trying to play the "action hero".
That`s sad, almost as sad as message board of old fucks pretending like he was ever anything more than media hype.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
  That Maid has ALWAYS been FUGLY. WITF?!