Author Topic: who here messes around with dumbell squats and how much weight do you use  (Read 4555 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
i like it better than deadlifting because deadlifting never felt right the bar always going into the shins cause you cant kick back the weight with your arms, now a trap bar would be ideal

regular barbell squats annoy my lower back

but dumbell squats hit the traps like crazy
A

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
I like hip belt squats -

And sometimes goblet squats for cardio -

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Meh, I'm a deadlift guy. Shins be damned. I used to squat more than I do now but it's always with a barbell.  Was it kaz that said "squatting IS powerlifting"? I don't think he meant dumbells

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
your mom in one hand and adonis' in the other

dumbbells

see what i did there?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I like hip belt squats -

And sometimes goblet squats for cardio -

Goblet squats for cardio? Why? We use them as a progression to the front squat or back squat because most of the time it helps with squat mechanics.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Goblet squats for cardio? Why? We use them as a progression to the front squat or back squat because most of the time it helps with squat mechanics.

I run them in a kettlebell complex fashion with other stuff likes swings, and light dumbbell snatches, etc..... It's usually during times that I want to get away from heavy weight work, but still want to do something physical.

lyquid

• Getbig III
That's what I use dumbbell. 20 to 30 lbs each hand. However I train like a serge nubret n v Taylor style. Instinct low rest under 30 sec. No lock out. Sometimes I'll stay in just lower position don't go above knee level n bust out reps. Obv all reps are 15 and up. Focusing just on muscle burning pump. Legs always feel like exploding. Mean while when I use to be stuck in power training crap did nothing. Load up barbell five reps eight reps whatever. Just never did shit but get me stronger.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i like it better than deadlifting because deadlifting never felt right the bar always going into the shins cause you cant kick back the weight with your arms, now a trap bar would be ideal

regular barbell squats annoy my lower back

but dumbell squats hit the traps like crazy

I know I have squatted with lots of dumbells in many gyms  ;)
Overall we had some good leg workouts, but they were not much help in chemistry. Hmmmm.

In my gym they have this cool squat/hack machine where this chair shaped thing sits on your low back butt while you squat.
very little low back stress and all quads. I add 1 leg DB step ups to fully replace squats

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I run them in a kettlebell complex fashion with other stuff likes swings, and light dumbbell snatches, etc..... It's usually during times that I want to get away from heavy weight work, but still want to do something physical.

Ok, got it. Good stuff.