Author Topic: OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD!!!! - Niners vs Ravens  (Read 11045 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD!!!! - Niners vs Ravens
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »
You bozos will still start other threads, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Congrats to the 49ers and Ravens.   Well earned.  Good games today.
Y

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL THREAD!!!! - Niners vs Ravens
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
fuck ya!

Interesting road bits leading to this, especially with the Pats:

1.  Brady's Ty Cobb like slide
2.  Not calling a T.O. to get another play in to score at half time
3.  Wes Welker dropping two balls
4.  Brady slightly off target on some throws.

Earl's gotta be hating it.  Steelers didn't make the playoffs, last year they got beat by a 3rd string QB gimmick and now both teams he hates are in it. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »
this is the worst season i can remember

i'm considering skipping this super bowl because this is the only one where i want both teams to die in a plane crash, but i'll probably watch it

i don't hate the 49ers, i just don't want them getting 6 and because of that i have to "root" for the ravens

if only the broncos secondary didn't collapse with less than a minute left

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »
this is the worst season i can remember

i'm considering skipping this super bowl because this is the only one where i want both teams to die in a plane crash, but i'll probably watch it

i don't hate the 49ers, i just don't want them getting 6 and because of that i have to "root" for the ravens

if only the broncos secondary didn't collapse with less than a minute left

E

Yeah that was bizzare, at the very least they should have been in a cover 2 or 3 playing way back.  Just keep everything in front of you.

What do you think will be a key for the Steelers?  i didn't follow them that much this year, but it seemed to me, a running game was a big thing missing.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »
Yeah that was bizzare, at the very least they should have been in a cover 2 or 3 playing way back.  Just keep everything in front of you.

What do you think will be a key for the Steelers?  i didn't follow them that much this year, but it seemed to me, a running game was a big thing missing.

a running back would be nice

also an o line that stays healthy

receivers that play as well as they talk

a qb that can stay healthy for an entire season and not tell the entire world about his minor injuries

a defensive line that can get pressure on the qb

linebackers that spend less time in the kitchen and less time talking shit on twitter

E

E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:46 PM »
a running back would be nice

also an o line that stays healthy

receivers that play as well as they talk

a qb that can stay healthy for an entire season and not tell the entire world about his minor injuries

a defensive line that can get pressure on the qb

linebackers that spend less time in the kitchen and less time talking shit on twitter

E
Thats quite a list...

Im guessing the stealers will not resign wallace?

I liked Dwyer, he seemed like a decent back he was a big dude but seemed to be fairly agile too.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:32:14 PM »
Thats quite a list...

Im guessing the stealers will not resign wallace?

I liked Dwyer, he seemed like a decent back he was a big dude but seemed to be fairly agile too.

probably not, he's good but nowhere near as good as he thinks so he won't get what he thinks he deserves here

dwyer stinks and so do the rest of them, he led them in rushing but his total was the lowest ever for a steelers leading rusher

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:11:50 AM »
line has moved down to Ravens +3.5. Love being the underdog once again.

It will really be special if Ed and Ray can go out with a ring. There is no doubt in my mind that Ed is a New England Patriot in 2014. They will give him the 3 year contract and $ he wants.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:58:07 AM »
fuck ya!

Interesting road bits leading to this, especially with the Pats:

1.  Brady's Ty Cobb like slide
2.  Not calling a T.O. to get another play in to score at half time
3.  Wes Welker dropping two balls
4.  Brady slightly off target on some throws.

Earl's gotta be hating it.  Steelers didn't make the playoffs, last year they got beat by a 3rd string QB gimmick and now both teams he hates are in it. 

what do you think about that slide...was it on purpose?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

Of course it was.....Brady is a little bitch

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
Yeah i go back and forth on it... but in the end.. i think brady did some punk shit right there... but Ray LEwis is called out....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »
There are going to be A LOT more sports fans that will hate Ray Lewis after these next two weeks. Since last week, I've heard all of these Ray Lewis haters come out of the woodwork. People are going to get fed up real quick with all of his god references in every interview.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Yeah i go back and forth on it... but in the end.. i think brady did some punk shit right there... but Ray LEwis is called out....

Either way, he screwed up right after that play with clock management, or lack thereof.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »
I am very happy.   :)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »
line has moved down to Ravens +3.5. Love being the underdog once again.

It will really be special if Ed and Ray can go out with a ring. There is no doubt in my mind that Ed is a New England Patriot in 2014. They will give him the 3 year contract and $ he wants.

Yes, I knew this last year when I watched "A Football Life:Bill Belichek", you could tell how much he admired Ed Reed. I would like home to stay, but the cap won't allow it. He'll go to NE.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 03:23:40 PM »
I am very happy.   :)

some of you will be very disappointed in two weeks

nothing hurts more for a sport fan than losing the super bowl

i've seen many non playoff seasons, many playoff disapointments and screw ups

as great of an accomplishment making the super bowl is, the loss hurts more than anything

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

so that slide is worse than anything ray has done?

remember when ray broke mendhall's shoulder and jumped around like a neanderthal shouting "HE'S DONE HE'S DONE"

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
some of you will be very disappointed in two weeks

nothing hurts more for a sport fan than losing the super bowl

i've seen many non playoff seasons, many playoff disapointments and screw ups

as great of an accomplishment making the super bowl is, the loss hurts more than anything

E

Yes, the fans of the losing team will be disappointed.  I don't know anything about my favorite team losing a Super Bowl, because they are 5-0.   :)  But it has been a long dang time.  I'm just glad they have righted the ship. 

And this isn't going to be that hurtful for me if the Niners lose.  It's not like someone is going to die, lose a job, etc.  It's just a game. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
so that slide is worse than anything ray has done?

remember when ray broke mendhall's shoulder and jumped around like a neanderthal shouting "HE'S DONE HE'S DONE"

E

You related to Wes Welker??   :D

Wes Welker's wife apologizes
Updated: January 22, 2013
ESPN.com

Last year, Tom Brady's wife had harsh words following the conclusion of the New England Patriots' season.

This year, it's the wife of receiver Wes Welker making news.

Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, used social-media site Facebook to take a few shots at Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night after the Patriots' 28-13 loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

Burns Welker released a statement to sports blog Larry Brown Sports apologizing for her remarks.

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook," she said. "I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

Welker led the Patriots in receiving Sunday with 117 yards and a touchdown on eight catches in the loss, but could have played his last game for New England as he is set to become a free agent this offseason.

Lewis, who announced weeks ago that he would retire at the conclusion of Baltimore's season, led all players with 14 tackles.

After last year's Super Bowl, Brady's wife, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, while waiting for an elevator at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, lashed out at the Patriots' receiving corps for failing to haul in her husband's passes as she spoke to people in her group.

Welker had dropped a crucial pass late in the fourth quarter of the 21-17 loss to the New York Giants, while Patriots receiver Deion Branch and tight end Aaron Hernandez dropped passes on New England's final drive.

"My husband can not f------ throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," Bundchen said, in a sequence captured on video.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8867098/anna-burns-welker-wes-welker-wife-apologizes-ray-lewis-comments

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »
Yes, the fans of the losing team will be disappointed.  I don't know anything about my favorite team losing a Super Bowl, because they are 5-0.   :)  But it has been a long dang time.  I'm just glad they have righted the ship. 

And this isn't going to be that hurtful for me if the Niners lose.  It's not like someone is going to die, lose a job, etc.  It's just a game. 

that's why i said "for a sport fan"

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
that's why i said "for a sport fan"

E

I see.  A "sport fan" will be devasted if their team loses.  Got it. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »
I see.  A "sport fan" will be devasted if their team loses.  Got it.  

is this sarcasm?

just saying that no disappointment when following your team hurts more than losing the biggest game in the world, missing the playoffs or losing in the divisional round doesn't hurt anywhere near as much

this past 8 -8 season will be forgotten by most steeler fans, losing to the packers 2 years ago will always be remembered

in no way is it comparable to the pain of the things you mentioned

ps the 49ers are currently 5 - 0 because they weren't good enough to get to more than 5 super bowls ;)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
is this sarcasm?

just saying that no disappointment when following your team hurts more than losing the biggest game in the world, missing the playoffs or losing in the divisional round doesn't hurt anywhere near as much

this past 8 -8 season will be forgotten by most steeler fans, losing to the packers 2 years ago will always be remembered

in no way is it comparable to the pain of the things you mentioned

ps the 49ers are currently 5 - 0 because they weren't good enough to get to more than 5 super bowls ;)

E

Of course that was sarcasm.   :)

One of my coworkers was devastated when my Niners beat the Packers.  He's a part owner, so I understand. lol  But I haven't even talked to him about the game because he takes it so seriously. 

There are lots of people like him.  Then there are others who, while they will be upset if their team loses a big game (or even THE big game), keep things in perspective.  Often that takes some maturity and life experience, but not always. 

Thanks for the news flash that my Niners stunk for 19 years.  Not only did they stink, they were the worst team in football at one point.  I remember several years back when they won two games, with both wins coming against (Arizona?) who was also terrible.  That was the year they got the first pick in the draft, passed on Aaron Rogers, and took Alex Smith no. 1 overall.  Dark days. 

But those days are over.  I'll be enjoying the game in two weeks, especially if they win.  Still very happy.  They have come a long way.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »

Not really sure, because I think a argument could be made that it was a type of knee jerk reaction to protect himself from to Reed coming at him.

But hes a veteran Football player, so an argument could be made that he knew better.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »
It was totally intentional by Brady.

He's a fucking whiney pussy. Good luck trying to play 5 more years like you claim you will. Euro fashion boy wannabe.