Author Topic: 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery!  (Read 5732 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: 2nd Amendment was created to protect slavery!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:09 AM »
Because murder doesn't exist in any other country.  ::)
Of course it does, but their rates don't even come close to the astronomical amount of homicides that occur in America.   The United States is the only industrialized nation in the world in which tens of thousands of citizens are killed or wounded by guns each year.
V

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
My neighbor has a sign in his front door that reads "I don't call 911".

His house has never gotten broken into.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 07:58:10 AM »
Of course it does, but their rates don't even come close to the astronomical amount of homicides that occur in America.   The United States is the only industrialized nation in the world in which tens of thousands of citizens are killed or wounded by guns each year.

More are killed by cars. Where's your thread about that?
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 07:58:16 AM »
I never understood teh need to have guns! Ok, you want to protect your home, i get it, but who needs an assult rifle
An Insecure Douchebag with a very, very tiny penis!
V

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »
Them blacks gettin' uppity again

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 08:03:56 AM »
Hey Conker, what conutry's constitution do you approve of? What country's constitution should we use as an example? Can you share with us what country's constitution was written by pure men, without sin or vice, in a manner acceptable to your gentle sensibilities? Thanks.

TBH in most developed countries laws and regulations evolve and are updated to fit current societal requirements, yet in the US there seems to be this strange belief(amongst some) that if a single word of the constitution is altered to perhaps fit current needs, the entire nation will collapse or come to a grinding a halt.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »
More are killed by cars. Where's your thread about that?
Are they deliberately killed by Cars! Also, because of concerted efforts by activists the fatalities from Car Accidents has dropped dramatically, the AUTO industry fought tooth and nail to prevent safety features being added to their CARS as they were worried about the profit margin (same as the NRA and other groups who profit from GUNS).  If we are playing the altruist and concerned about other deaths, why not fatalities at war, poverty, starvation etc, yeah other people DIE, and yeah, their are steps taken to PREVENT these incidents, just because other people DIE, doesn't make the tens of thousands of people killed by a gun each year irrelevant or something to be IGNORED!
V

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
the Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

Actor Danny Glover told students at Texas A&M University the intent of the Second Amendment was to protect slavery.
“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is,” he continued.

Why does an Aussie care so much about some yankees? get a life

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »
Are they deliberately killed by Cars! Also, because of concerted efforts by activists the fatalities from Car Accidents has dropped dramatically, the AUTO industry fought tooth and nail to prevent safety features being added to their CARS as they were worried about the profit margin (same as the NRA and other groups who profit from GUNS).  If we are playing the altruist and concerned about other deaths, why not fatalities at war, poverty, starvation etc, yeah other people DIE, and yeah, their are steps taken to PREVENT these incidents, just because other people DIE, doesn't make the tens of thousands of people killed by a gun each year irrelevant or something to be IGNORED!

They aren't ignored.

Here is a fact you're simply going to have to deal with: As long as guns exist, people will get killed by them.
The answer is "yes".

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »

False. Tens of thousands were not killed by firearms. In 2011, there were under 9000 gun- related deaths. Your inherent biases and obvious emotional response to anything gun-related makes you unable to look at any statistic that would disprove your assertions about firearms in the US.

You, sir, are wrong on nearly every facet of the debate. The numbers, facts, and historical significance of the US are lost on you.  Don't worry though, at least you can be clumped in with the other tens of millions of idiots who share the same view as you.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »
False. Tens of thousands were not killed by firearms. In 2011, there were under 9000 gun- related deaths. Your inherent biases and obvious emotional response to anything gun-related makes you unable to look at any statistic that would disprove your assertions about firearms in the US.

You, sir, are wrong on nearly every facet of the debate. The numbers, facts, and historical significance of the US are lost on you.  Don't worry though, at least you can be clumped in with the other tens of millions of idiots who share the same view as you.

Your wrong again, but because you are a simpleton Gun Nutter, I forgive you, it is to be expected.  Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms was 11,101 for 2011 and I said killed or wounded, and to be entirely accurate, the total number of deaths resulting from firearms in 2011 was 32,163.   and In 2008, there were 78,622 nonfatal firearm injuries in the United States.  you can be clumped in with the other tens of millions of idiots who can't read and make up any old lie and call it a fact.

So if we go back to my original statement that The United States is the only industrialized nation in the world in which tens of thousands of citizens are killed or wounded by guns each year. just based on the 2011 and 2008 figures I  quoted their is well over one hundred thousand people each year killed or injured by guns.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »
Your wrong again, but because you are a simpleton Gun Nutter, I forgive you, it is to be expected.  Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms was 11,101 for 2011 and I said killed or wounded, and to be entirely accurate, the total number of deaths resulting from firearms in 2011 was 32,163.   and  Injury by firearms was 32,163.  you can be clumped in with the other tens of millions of idiots who can't read and make up any old lie and call it a fact.

Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each year.1,6 Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:1
• 443,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
• 49,400 deaths per year from secondhand smoke exposure

People deliberately smoke. Where's your thread on that?
The answer is "yes".

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
This is an interpretation believed by a very small minority of historians. 
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each year.1,6 Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:1

Can they murder 20 people in a minute with a cigarette?  I am sure if someone could enter a room and MURDER 20 people in a minute, you bet your ass I would be making a thread about that.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
This is an interpretation believed by a very small minority of historians. 
Is that the same minority whose ancestors were enslaved by the majority?  I remember a time when Slave Ownership was embraced by the majority.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 08:43:38 AM »
Can they murder 20 people in a minute with a cigarette?  I am sure if someone could enter a room and MURDER 20 people in a minute, you bet your ass I would be making a thread about that.

Murdering 20 people in a minute is wrong.
But murdering 40K people over the course of many years is A-OK?

What is the time limit for you E-Kul? How slow does death have to occur in your eyes for it to be OK in your book?
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 08:49:08 AM »
Murdering 20 people in a minute is wrong.
But murdering 40K people over the course of many years is A-OK?

What is the time limit for you E-Kul? How slow does death have to occur in your eyes for it to be OK in your book?
It's not murder you idiot, smoking is a bad habit that over decades degrades the individuals health that can result in premature death, it isn't even suicide, it's a poor lifestyle choice that leads to an addiction that may cause premature death. 

And as to how slow death has to occur for it to be OK, anywhere between 60 and 80 years of age seems OK to me.

Smoking rates were 60% for centenarian men, and just because the majority of men who lived to be over a hundred were at some point smokers in their life, doesn't mean that cigarettes are safe and shouldn't be regulated.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »
So what would you call deaths from second hand smoke? Would these be classfied by you as equal to the deaths from accidental discharge of firearms?

The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 08:56:23 AM »
So what would you call deaths from second hand smoke? Would these be classfied by you as equal to the deaths from accidental discharge of firearms?

Once again, you bring up a good point, since the dangers of second hand smoke has been recognised,  their has been increased regulations and legislation for smoke-free laws in workplaces and indoor public places, including restaurants, bars and night clubs, as well as some open public spaces.  Their were also those that bitterly complained about these changes (Just like the NRA crazies), who believed they had the right to poison others with their bad habit  and that their shouldn't be any regulations, but the many people whose lives will be spared and will enjoy greater health are grateful.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 08:59:05 AM »
Once again, you bring up a good point, since the dangers of second hand smoke has been recognised,  their has been increased regulations and legislation for smoke-free laws in workplaces and indoor public places, including restaurants, bars and night clubs, as well as some open public spaces.  Their were also those who believed they had the right to poison others with their bad habit  and that their shouldn't been any regulations that bitterly complained about these changes (Just like the NRA crazies), but the many people whose lives will be spared and will enjoy greater health are grateful.

Yes, these regulations are similar to gun regulations, are they not? (Gun Free zones, background checks..)
Cigarettes are not banned, and you are not calling for them to be banned.

Cigarettes are directly responsible for many, many more deaths than firearms. (Timespan notwithstanding.)

Why call for the ban of one, but not the other?
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
Yes, these regulations are similar to gun regulations, are they not? (Gun Free zones, background checks..)
Cigarettes are not banned, and you are not calling for them to be banned.

Cigarettes are directly responsible for many, many more deaths than firearms. (Timespan notwithstanding.)

Why call for the ban of one, but not the other?
I'm all for cigarettes being banned, and essentially, at least where I come from, their is a big push for cigarettes to eventually be banned.  In Tasmania, they recently proposed anyone born after the year 2000 would be banned from buying cigarettes when they turn 18.  I don't think it got through, but they are aiming at a smoke free generation.  Also the rest of the country continues to regulate even stricter controls every year.  Just a few weeks ago they extended public smoking bans to playgrounds, bus stops, sports grounds, swimming pools and the entrances to all public buildings.
V

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »

People can't point a pack of cigarettes at someone and take their life against their will, ridiculous analogy.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »
People can't point a pack of cigarettes at someone and take their life against their will, ridiculous analogy.
I did already point that out!  Way to follow the thread Groink!
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »

Where did I say they could?

The point is that it's legal, causes death, and causes the deaths of people who don't smoke (second hand).

If we are all for banning things that take life (like guns)...why is cigarettes a "ridiculous" analogy? And why stop there? Sugar is also very bad.
The answer is "yes".

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »
I'm all for cigarettes being banned, and essentially, at least where I come from, their is a big push for cigarettes to eventually be banned.  In Tasmania, they recently proposed anyone born after the year 2000 would be banned from buying cigarettes when they turn 18.  I don't think it got through, but they are aiming at a smoke free generation.  Also the rest of the country continues to regulate even stricter controls every year.  Just a few weeks ago they extended public smoking bans to playgrounds, bus stops, sports grounds, swimming pools and the entrances to all public buildings.

A submissive bottom twink that lets "they" run his life. Still stomping his feet and holding his breath in his third world cesspool - while we buy more guns and ammo and drive gas guzzling SUVs while telling the rest of the world FU!

And who gives a shit what racist liberal Danny Glover thinks? If the U.S. and our way of government is so bad, I will personally pay for Glover's boat ticket back to Africa.