Author Topic: Moving countries for a job.....  (Read 5401 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Moving countries for a job.....
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:47:44 AM »
Good experiences, bad?

Was your new boss a bodybuilder? (bodybuilding related)
P

mik1111

• Getbig III
Re: Moving countries for a job.....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:39 AM »
otherwise known as emigration...

are you planning to do so?

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »
otherwise known as emigration...

are you planning to do so?

He is dying to work at a McDonalds in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  His prospective boss, a crew chief named "Missy," is a permabulker. 
K

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:07:19 AM »
Migrated from Germany to ireland back 15 years ago, hard as fuck but it teaches you shitloads of lessons.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 03:38:51 AM »
Migrated from Germany to ireland back 15 years ago, hard as fuck but it teaches you shitloads of lessons.
your son is growing up with a nazi sympathizing fascinated by shooting and murder videos gore snuff loving chubby father ..

I am worried how you were before these "good lessons" shaped your present self  :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »
No country for old sheep.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:56 AM »
Move to Norway and then Sweden, first for studies then a 6 month contract with Nokia that was extended for another year. All and all I was abroad for two years and loved every second of it. Been trying to go back to Norway for a while now but it's tough finding a good enough position to make the move worth it. If I was bold enough I'd throw caution to the wind, get an apartment in Oslo before I even have a job and trust fate would take care of matters. All I know is that I'll NEVER raise a kid here in London. Ever.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 04:08:48 AM »
Good experiences, bad?

Are you moving to Aussie? 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 04:09:07 AM »
Move to Norway and then Sweden, first for studies then a 6 month contract with Nokia that was extended for another year. All and all I was abroad for two years and loved every second of it. Been trying to go back to Norway for a while now but it's tough finding a good enough position to make the move worth it. If I was bold enough I'd throw caution to the wind, get an apartment in Oslo before I even have a job and trust fate would take care of matters. All I know is that I'll NEVER raise a kid here in London. Ever.

are the somalians a problem in olso? i got a bud from norway and he said this was so

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:53 AM »
No country for old sheep.

I see what you did there

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:28 AM »
Moved to Holland (not Amsterdam) and worked there. Horrible, horrible experience. Never again. English speaking countries only from now on. America is next on my list. I'm gonna knock up some yank and get a green card. Any of you Americans got a hot sister for me? 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 04:27:19 AM »
Moved to Holland (not Amsterdam) and worked there. Horrible, horrible experience. Never again. English speaking countries only from now on. America is next on my list. I'm gonna knock up some yank and get a green card. Any of you Americans got a hot sister for me? 

maybe wiggs or parker has one for ya

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:42 AM »
maybe wiggs or parker has one for ya

No coloured women.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 04:35:42 AM »
I moved to Uganda to work as a trawlerman, but I had to return after 5 happy years because there was no sea.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 04:39:14 AM »
I moved to Uganda to work as a trawlerman, but I had to return after 5 happy years because there was no sea.
You should be a stand up comedian BigCyp.   ;D

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
No coloured women.

I also have a no chocolate face policy, but once you see Option D's sister you may make an exception  ;)

Are you moving to Aussie? 

Potentially :-\
P

DerrickRigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »
In Houston, lots of guys and some women do move to other countries for work because so much oil and gas work is done in more than 80 countries around the world.

I was offered a job in Equatorial Guinea, 28-days on, 28 days off schedule. And flight every month in and out of country.

Even had a women I knew take a job in Saudi Armaco for two years. She has to stay inside the energy mancamp because women can't go unaccompanied in public there.
B

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »
i work with a kiwi. he can be a miserable girl. i'm baffled why he'd choose this slughole over nz. his parents moved back here i believe, but he's still got sisters and brothers over there. i know where i'd be given a fucking choice between the two...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
Good experiences, bad?

I'd let you rent my bottom bunk should you ever come to the states.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »

What's your fascination with Norway. I remember the services there as very limited. For example, cable, fast internet etc. Fresh food costs a fortune, they import it all. Taxes are set at 51%. Not to mention, how insular the society is. You need to speak pretty damn good Norwegian if they are going to accept you there.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »
I lived in Lithuania for six months, I was in a serious relationship with a girl there.

I'd say if you're native English speaking then moving to countries within the Anglosphere is fairly easy.

Moving to other countries can be a radically different experience though

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »
well i am quite proud that i have given Germany what it needs ..i have impregnated a few women here so i have spread my Scot seed here.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »
Move to Canada.  Oilsands.  Streets are paved with gold.

Steelrabbitt

• Getbig II
  • Ocelot MTHRFCKR
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »

My family is from the old sod, have a few cousins living here in NYC now, they love it here and have no intention of moving back. The Irish are loved here and have no problem getting work.
Jay

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »
What's your fascination with Norway. I remember the services there as very limited. For example, cable, fast internet etc. Fresh food costs a fortune, they import it all. Taxes are set at 51%. Not to mention, how insular the society is. You need to speak pretty damn good Norwegian if they are going to accept you there.

How's life in Norway? Is the cost of living high there? And don't they speak good English in the Scandinavian countries?