Author Topic: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market  (Read 17717 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:03 AM »

When you speak of criminals, you need to realise that career criminals abhor the killing of innocent citizens, they have a code. 

HA HA fuck you are a clown.   So how do you know this?  (seeing as only a crim would know about criminal activities *by your own logic*) , or did you learn it watching movies?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:53 AM »
My guess would be you can't get a gun because you're mentally unstable.

I don't have a desire to own a gun.  I abhor all weapons of violence.  I see myself as a pacifist, and the use of violence should only be used on those who intend to harm others.  Personally, I see the desire to own a gun due to a paranoid belief your government is out to get you or that any moment now a home intruder is going to burst through your front door and kill you and your family as deeply mentally unstable.  But I suppose if enough people suffer from the same mental illness, like GUN LUST, it appears as normal behaviour to them. 
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 07:09:02 AM »
HA HA fuck you are a clown.   So how do you know this?  (seeing as only a crim would know about criminal activities *by your own logic*) , or did you learn it watching movies?
I am not a career criminal, but in my younger years, my best friends dad was, and through this association I met many underworld figures, I have talked about this before.  To make a career from crime, you can't afford to indiscriminately shoot anybody you like, that's what the Nutters of the world do (or the Zimmermans's of the world).  Many of the criminals I have met are more genuine people than the average punter.
V

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »
I don't have a desire to own a gun.  I abhor all weapons of violence.  I see myself as a pacifist, and the use of violence should only be used on those who intend to harm others.  Personally, I see the desire to own a gun due to a paranoid belief your government is out to get you or that any moment now a home intruder is going to burst through your front door and kill you and your family as deeply mentally unstable.  But I suppose if enough people suffer from the same mental illness, like GUN LUST, it appears as normal behaviour to them. 

No.....you're psychotic. You have a misguided belief that you're cowardness is really pacifism, and that if you withdraw from society the "bad people" will leave you alone.

I'm 100% certain you were molested and abused as a child.

the trainer

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
Here is what you dumb fucks dont understand if i got up this morning and decided that i wanted to go shoot people i would buy a illegal gun to do it if there was a ban just like i can go get some coke although its illegal, bans do not work.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40:38 AM »
I am not a career criminal, but in my younger years, my best friends dad was, and through this association I met many underworld figures, I have talked about this before.  To make a career from crime, you can't afford to indiscriminately shoot anybody you like, that's what the Nutters of the world do (or the Zimmermans's of the world).  Many of the criminals I have met are more genuine people than the average punter.
Was this before or after you became a wrestling champion?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »
The war on guns is a war against the poor/middle class. They want to take the legal guns out of your hands, then "they" will flood the black market with illegal guns...Then they will build more prisons and lock people up and trade more prison stock on Wall street. It's all a scam.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:29 AM »
I see myself as a pacifist, and the use of violence should only be used on those who intend to harm others. 
Is this the same guy that said he'd beat the shit out of the "do you even lift" prankster? Lmao!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »
Is this the same guy that said he'd beat the shit out of the "do you even lift" prankster? Lmao!!
For sure, being a pacifist doesn't mean you NEVER use violence.   Violence can be used where it is absolutely necessary to advance the cause of peace, and beating up some arsehole who regularly disturbs the peace and attempts to incite violence and thinks their is nothing wrong with it would be the perfect excuse.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »
Was this before or after you became a wrestling champion?
Before!
V

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »
So "you go Obama!"

Here is an article from 2002 (5 years after the ban came in).  It notes that it is easier to buy an illegal gun than it is to buy a mobile phone:

http://www.allsafedefense.com/news/International/AussieIllegalGunSales.htm

Here is a very recent one talking about the huge internet market:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-23/call-to-combat-internet-gun-sales-amid-sydney-shootings/4481232?source=rss

And here is another very recent one, saying accidental gun deaths are up 300 percent:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts

yep, sure it is  ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »
I lived in Oz for about a year, right in the middle of King's Cross for half that time and it would have been quite easy to obtain a gun if I really wanted one.  Saying it's as easy as buying a mobile phone is inaccurate.  You can't just walk up to a random person and buy a gun, you definitely have to know people, but that's the easy part.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 12:14:02 PM »
I lived in Oz for about a year, right in the middle of King's Cross for half that time and it would have been quite easy to obtain a gun if I really wanted one.  Saying it's as easy as buying a mobile phone is inaccurate.  You can't just walk up to a random person and buy a gun, you definitely have to know people, but that's the easy part.

Can one purchase an anonymous mobile phone these days? Can one purchase a mobile phone and get it activated without proffering any type of ID at all? One can do this with illegal guns, obviously.
The answer is "yes".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »

ROFL!

You wanted to beat that innocent kid up in the other thread?  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
Can one purchase an anonymous mobile phone these days? Can one purchase a mobile phone and get it activated without proffering any type of ID at all?

I hope so?

You can't? ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
Can one purchase an anonymous mobile phone these days? Can one purchase a mobile phone and get it activated without proffering any type of ID at all? One can do this with illegal guns, obviously.
lol, sheltered.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »
I hope so?

You can't? ???

You can, but you need to activate it with a landline number (which can be easily traced to a physical address/person) -- at least someone who will know who you are.
The answer is "yes".

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:51 PM »
lol, sheltered.

Tell me the ways, in the U.S., to purchase and activate a cell phone without divulging your identity.
The answer is "yes".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
I'm a nerd too, tell me Mr. Soprano.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 04:21:08 PM »
Tell me the ways, in the U.S., to purchase and activate a cell phone without divulging your identity.

Walk into walmart, and buy a pre-paid phone.  It's that simple.   :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 04:24:36 PM »
ROFL!

You wanted to beat that innocent kid up in the other thread?  ;D
Yeah, dude is confused. I'm starting to think he has dementia.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:48 PM »
What a load of crap, I have lived in Australian for 40 years, for the last 17 years gun have been heavily restricted, even if I wanted a gun, they would be very hard to get.  I could really get one if I wanted, but it means utilising criminal networks.  For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal.  To suggest that guns are just as easy to get as mobile phones is the most ABSURD suggestion I have ever heard.  I can go to the supermarket right now, which is open 24 hours and buy a mobile phone.  To get a gun could take months of discreet questioning of workmates, friends, acquaintances etc etc without any guarantees at all.  Dazza is a complete fucking tool, either that or he is a Criminal who has easy access to guns.
Average Law Abiding Citizens usually don't try and get guns Illegally, because they wouldn't be Abiding The Law, now would they?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 04:31:59 PM »
Average Law Abiding Citizens usually don't try and get guns Illegally, because they wouldn't be Abiding The Law, now would they?
We don't appreciate logic around here, you need to suspend logic and start running off pure emotion to communicate with E-Kul, much like a woman would.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »
You guys are not cool, stop picking on the mentally disabled people.
all drugs - TPPIIP

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 04:33:59 PM »
Walk into walmart, and buy a pre-paid phone.  It's that simple.   :D

I've done that for my kids. Activating the phone required id
The answer is "yes".