Author Topic: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market  (Read 17716 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
I've done that for my kids. Activating the phone required id
Use a different brand. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »
I dare say banning stealing, mugging and arson would creat an illegal market in stealing, mugging and arson as well
c

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 05:48:03 PM »
Yes, as some have noted - the "easier than buying a mobile phone"  quote would really be applied to people who know other low level criminals.

I was not a crim but could have got one pretty quick, so imagine if you are a crim, even a very low level one...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »
so E-Kunt admits that criminals still have very easy access to guns yet law abiding citizens do not.

Wasnt the point of the legislation to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 06:38:32 PM »
so E-Kunt admits that criminals still have very easy access to guns yet law abiding citizens do not.

Wasnt the point of the legislation to get the guns out of the hands of the criminals?

Something like that.  Basically he's admitted that he is:

1.  A pussy.
2.  A passive bottom twink.
3.  Scared of guns.
4.  Delusional.
5.  Quickly becoming getbig's biggest bitch.

I think it's becoming obvious that he is a bitter/jealous bitch over the fact that American's can walk into any sporting store and leave 30 minutes later with a rifle.   :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
Something like that.  Basically he's admitted that he is:

1.  A pussy.
2.  A passive bottom twink.
3.  Scared of guns.
4.  Delusional.
5.  Quickly becoming getbig's biggest bitch.

I think it's becoming obvious that he is a bitter/jealous bitch over the fact that American's can walk into any sporting store and leave 30 minutes later with a rifle.   :D

You forgot dogs, he's scared shitless of mans best friend!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
E-kul is a walking mass of psychological disorders.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
If you had no choice, and had to spend a week with one of the two, would you choose E-Kul, or Garebear?  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »
If you had no choice, and had to spend a week with one of the two, would you choose E-Kul, or Garebear?  ;D
Garebear.
Dude has actually been in some shit, E-kul's life experience is a dog attack.

No comparison. Garebear, while I may not agree with much of what he says, I respect the hell out of him for putting his life in harms way for something he believes in.

Only time E-Kuls life has been threatened, he responds by crying like a bitch repeatedly for the remainder of his life.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
Garebear.
Dude has actually been in some shit, E-kul's life experience is a dog attack.

No comparison. Garebear, while I may not agree with much of what he says, I respect the hell out of him for putting his life in harms way for something he believes in.

Only time E-Kuls life has been threatened, he responds by crying like a bitch repeatedly for the remainder of his life.

Good point, I'm too much of a pussy to serve.  That wasn't a fair choice.

E-Kul or a_ahmed?  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
If you ban guns the criminals will be the only ones that have them.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »
Good point, I'm too much of a pussy to serve.  That wasn't a fair choice.

E-Kul or a_ahmed?  ;D
a_ahmed, dude actually has a sense of humor (when not discussing Islam, so clearly I'd have to talk a bunch of shit about Islam if we hung out)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 07:23:26 PM »

No, the point of the legislation is to get the guns out of the hands of crazed gunmen.  Criminals are always going to break the law REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE LAW IS.  This is why they are criminals.  The majority of these mass shooters are hardly what you would call criminals, they are law abiding citizens that have snapped.  Their final act may have been criminal, but they didn't live their lives as criminals.  It's not the criminals that you have to worry about, it's the law abiding citizen that becomes unhinged, and at the moment they become unhinged they have easy access to a gun, well, we all know the end result.
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
No, the point of the legislation is to get the guns out of the hands of crazed gunmen.  Criminals are always going to break the law REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE LAW IS.  This is why they are criminals.  The majority of these mass shooters are hardly what you would call criminals, they are law abiding citizens that have snapped.  Their final act may have been criminal, but they didn't live their lives as criminals.  It's not the criminals that you have to worry about, it's the law abiding citizen that becomes unhinged, and at the moment they become unhinged they have easy access to a gun, well, we all know the end result.
So you want to legislate guns away from all law abiding citizens in a vain effort to stop what accounts to a very, very tiny percentage of gun violence?

Epic logic failure.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
You have a misguided belief that you're cowardness is really pacifism, and that if you withdraw from society the "bad people" will leave you alone.

I'm 100% certain you were molested and abused as a child.
Someone claims they have no desire to own a gun, and you call this cowardice, if the world is as dangerous as you make it appear, wouldn't walking through it unarmed make that person far braver than the one who walks through it carrying guns.  And who said anything about withdrawing from society, I actually don't know where you get this stuff from.  People still need to make sensible choices, just because you arm yourself with a weapon wouldn't give you license to walk into the local chapter of the bikie club and start insulting everyone.  I actually think it is cowards who are attracted to guns, they are terrified of being in a physical confrontation and losing, that the thought of having a gun gives them the psychological boost they need to overcome this cowardice.  Without the gun they would become meek little men, if you want to see a timid, weak little man become an Instant Arsehole, just give him a gun, he will all of a sudden develop a big mouth, an attitude and start waving his dick around like he owns the world, not unlike the gun nutters here on Getbig like to do.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
So you want to legislate guns away from all law abiding citizens in a vain effort to stop what accounts to a very, very tiny percentage of gun violence?

Epic logic failure.
Stopping a small percentage of gun violence is progress, I am sure the children who would have been murdered as a result of doing nothing about gun laws sure would be grateful.  So your solution is it is better to do nothing and have the Gun Violence remain the same than do something and begin to reduce the astronomical homicide rate.  Epic Sociopath.

The Boy and the Starfish

A man was walking along a deserted beach at sunset. As he walked he could see a young boy in the distance, as he drew nearer he noticed that the boy kept bending down, picking something up and throwing it into the water.
Time and again he kept hurling things into the ocean.

As the man approached even closer, he was able to see that the boy was picking up starfish that had been washed up on the beach and, one at a time he was throwing them back into the water.

The man asked the boy what he was doing, the boy replied,"I am throwing these washed up starfish back into the ocean, or else they will die through lack of oxygen. "But", said the man, "You can't possibly save them all, there are thousands on this beach, and this must be happening on hundreds of beaches along the coast. You can't possibly make a difference."
The boy looked down, frowning for a moment; then bent down to pick up another starfish, smiling as he threw it back into the sea. He replied,

"I made a huge difference to that one!"
V

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
The guy that inspired Australia's gun restrictions:

Martin Bryant

Psychological assessments

Descriptions of Bryant's behaviour as an adolescent show that he continued to be disturbed and outline the possibility of mental retardation. He was revealed to have very low intelligence, with an I.Q. of 66,[6] equivalent to an 11-year-old and in the bottom 1.17 percent of the Australian population, and was possibly autistic.[5] Bryant's mother, Carleen Bryant, said her son had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.[7]

Further testing following his arrest indicated a verbal I.Q. of 64 and non-verbal reasoning and cognitive functioning of 68, giving a full scale I.Q. of 66, an age equivalent of 11 years in the 10th percentile (90% of 11 year olds would score higher). On leaving school he was assessed for a disability pension by a psychiatrist who wrote: "Cannot read or write. Does a bit of gardening and watches TV ... Only his parents' efforts prevent further deterioration. Could be schizophrenic and parents face a bleak future with him." Bryant received a disability pension, though he also worked as a handyman and gardener.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bryant#Psychological_assessments

BTW before his gun spree he had been suspected of murdering his own father.  His father was found drowned with "Martin Bryant's diving weight belts around his neck."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
actually many of these events are preplanned, even if the person doing the planning wasnt a criminal before hand the fact the preplanned it means that they would find a way to get guns even if they were available only to criminals.

Sorry moron, you lose on all accounts.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »
Stopping a small percentage of gun violence is progress, I am sure the children who would have been murdered as a result of doing nothing about gun laws sure would be grateful.  So your solution is it is better to do nothing and have the Gun Violence remain the same than do something and begin to reduce the astronomical homicide rate.  Epic Sociopath.
Where do liberal idiots such as yourself get that not banning guns means that someone doesnt want to do anything about innocent ppl being murdered?

youve already admitted that banning guns wouldnt help so lets first stop pretending you are for saving lives and admit youre really just for banning guns and are using these incidents as foder for your idiocy.

Guns are not the problem, guns are not inherintly evil they are inanimate objects which do the bidding of their user. The problem is the users desire to kill ppl, taking away guns wont eliminate that desire.

If youre really for saving innocent lives then start addressing the problem.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »
actually many of these events are preplanned, even if the person doing the planning wasnt a criminal before hand the fact the preplanned it means that they would find a way to get guns even if they were available only to criminals.

Sorry moron, you lose on all accounts.
What a load of shit, the average rage filled teenager from your average family in this Country would find it next to impossible to source an Assault rifle, his next best option would be too throw an infantile hissy fit and roll around on the ground.  You Americans live in constant denial, you have trouble picturing a society that has made it hard for those who want to commit mass shootings.  

In the 18 years before the gun law reforms in Australia, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia, and in the 16 years after the GUN LAW REFORMS their have been ZERO mass shootings.
V

AVBG

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
What a load of shit.

AVBG

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
What a load of crap, I have lived in Australian for 40 years, for the last 17 years gun have been heavily restricted, even if I wanted a gun, they would be very hard to get.  I could really get one if I wanted, but it means utilising criminal networks.  For the average law abiding citizen it would be much harder to obtain than for a criminal.  To suggest that guns are just as easy to get as mobile phones is the most ABSURD suggestion I have ever heard.  I can go to the supermarket right now, which is open 24 hours and buy a mobile phone.  To get a gun could take months of discreet questioning of workmates, friends, acquaintances etc etc without any guarantees at all.  Dazza is a complete fucking tool, either that or he is a Criminal who has easy access to guns.

100% Truth

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »
You can, but you need to activate it with a landline number (which can be easily traced to a physical address/person) -- at least someone who will know who you are.

Bullshit I walked into a phone store in Sydney, no ID, paid cash for a shitass Nokia basic phone, popped a sim card in, walked out and started texting friends.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 08:05:20 PM »
Where do liberal idiots such as yourself get that not banning guns means that someone doesnt want to do anything about innocent ppl being murdered?

youve already admitted that banning guns wouldnt help so lets first stop pretending you are for saving lives and admit youre really just for banning guns and are using these incidents as foder for your idiocy.

Guns are not the problem, guns are not inherintly evil they are inanimate objects which do the bidding of their user. The problem is the users desire to kill ppl, taking away guns wont eliminate that desire.

If youre really for saving innocent lives then start addressing the problem.
What a load of shit! I never said banning guns won't help.  An why would I pretend I am for saving lives, seems like a pretty normal thing for a normal human being to desire.  The problem isn't peoples desire to kill people, all types of regular sane people have a momentary murderous rage, I have heard all kinds of people in a fit of anger threaten someone else's life, once they have cooled, nobody seriously believes they were serious.  The fact is, anybody is capable of murdering someone else in a fit of RAGE, for a society to best reduce the likelihood of someone doing so, it is best to make sure they don't have easy access to weapons that can be use to efficiently carry out that task.  Soon the rage will have subsided and the murderous impulse gone away.

It is like a bodybuilder dieting for a show, having his fridge full of sugary high fat foods, this doesn't mean he will bust on his diet, but it sure doesn't help.  And if he does decide to bust, it won't be too hard for him!
V

jacked_unit

• Getbig I
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
I live in Australia and nobody I know owns a gun and nobody cares about having guns either.
Guns are just an non issue here.