Author Topic: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market  (Read 17743 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Banning Guns in Australia just created huge illegal market
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
People want to get high, they find illegal drugs.
People want a machine gun, they find a machine gun.

Not that difficult to comprehend.

This^^^^^.  Here in the US, a criminal felon who is not legally allowed to have a weapon can get a firearm in just a few hours.  These are the loopholes that the poloticians need to be working on.   :-\

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »
For starters, you can get addicted to most anything, and are you fucking serious, a large percentage of America is completely addicted to Guns.  To test if somebody is addicted to anything, see what happens when you take away the source of their addiction, the bigger the meltdown, the greater the addiction.  Also, addiction could be defined as the state of being enslaved, American Culture is most definitely been enslaved by the GUN, and the most overt sign of addiction is the continued use of something even though it becomes increasingly detrimental.  Score another winner there.  I have actually dealt with many addicts in my younger life, and I can personally say, the biggest addicts I have ever met are those addicted to Guns, from their denial about their addiction, their obsession with talking about their drug of choice (Guns), their fear of losing their drug of choice, to always looking for a greater high from their drug of choice (more and bigger guns), the list of addict behaviours is endless.  And like most drug addicts, the Gun Nuts are sadly just as pathetic.

Please refer me to any data that shows that one can develop a physical addiction to owning a gun.  People might get mad if you take their precious guns away, but they're not going to go through physical withdrawals and have to go to guns anonymous in order to cope...lol.
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
Please refer me to any data that shows that one can develop a physical addiction to owning a gun.  People might get mad if you take their precious guns away, but they're not going to go through physical withdrawals and have to go to guns anonymous in order to cope...lol.
I'm assuming he's referring to psychological addiction, which is what 95% of drugs cause. Very few rec drugs are physically addictive, so I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just confused and that you weren't really talking out of your ass again.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
Like shockwave pointed out, the majority of addiction is psychological, but I believe for those truly addicted to their guns, like say Alex Jones, they most certainly would experience physical withdrawals as a result of panic, anxiety, fear etc.  The effect gun ownership has on their psyche is powerful, and the removal of the gun would send their minds into a spiralling downfall and yes, I don't think they would cope.  People like Alex openly admit it, his guns are a psychological protective measure to deal with any unforeseen threats, they give him a sense of security that he would be unable to establish without the guns.  His guns, just like drugs, are a crutch, they keep anxiety at bay and they produce feelings of safety and security. 

The average Gun Nutters fear of withdrawal is all too evident in his reaction to changes to the 2nd amendment and stricter gun controls.  Can you imagine how he would react if someone were to actually take his guns away!  Try taking drugs away from an addict in active addiction, see how that works for you, then try taking the guns away from a Gun Nutter, you will get the same response both times, they will deny they have a problem and attempt to kill you if you continue to remove their drug of choice.  For some people Guns are an addiction, evident by the way they relate to them and their place in their lives.
V

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
Like shockwave pointed out, the majority of addiction is psychological, but I believe for those truly addicted to their guns, like say Alex Jones, they most certainly would experience physical withdrawals as a result of panic, anxiety, fear etc.  The effect gun ownership has on their psyche is powerful, and the removal of the gun would send their minds into a spiralling downfall and yes, I don't think they would cope.  People like Alex openly admit it, his guns are a psychological protective measure to deal with any unforeseen threats, they give him a sense of security that he would be unable to establish without the guns.  His guns, just like drugs, are a crutch, they keep anxiety at bay and they produce feelings of safety and security. 

The average Gun Nutters fear of withdrawal is all too evident in his reaction to changes to the 2nd amendment and stricter gun controls.  Can you imagine how he would react if someone were to actually take his guns away!  Try taking drugs away from an addict in active addiction, see how that works for you, then try taking the guns away from a Gun Nutter, you will get the same response both times, they will deny they have a problem and attempt to kill you if you continue to remove their drug of choice.  For some people Guns are an addiction, evident by the way they relate to them and their place in their lives.

I really don't think you know anything about guns, American culture, and gun ownership.  You've painted this picture of Americans and guns, and the bottom line is, you're completely wrong.  You're so far from the truth it's embarrassing.  Gun owners who use the second amendment as part of their argument are not doing it because of the fear of losing their guns.  They're doing it, because they're standing up for their rights.  Like I said before, if you ever make it to the US, give me a shout.  I'll take you out bird or deer hunting, or target shooting.  I really think it would do you some good.  Kind of a therapeutic release.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »

I really don't think you know anything about guns, American culture, and gun ownership.  You've painted this picture of Americans and guns, and the bottom line is, you're completely wrong.  You're so far from the truth it's embarrassing.  Gun owners who use the second amendment as part of their argument are not doing it because of the fear of losing their guns.  They're doing it, because they're standing up for their rights.  Like I said before, if you ever make it to the US, give me a shout.  I'll take you out bird or deer hunting, or target shooting.  I really think it would do you some good.  Kind of a therapeutic release.
I'm all for rights too, and if statistically I am safer in a society that has less guns and strict gun control, I want that right enforced.  What about the right for 5 year old children to not be murdered at school.  And nobody wants to prevent responsible citizens from gun ownership for hunting or farming or the like.  But one, they don't need military assault weapons and second, they need to be really hard to get, even for responsible individuals, and their need to be checks and balances to keep gun owners accountable.  Handing guns out like candy is a recipe for disaster. 

You may be one of the responsible gun owners, I can't say for sure, but the majority of people I see advocating for unrestricted gun rights are quite simply unhinged, they make really paranoid arguments and come across as highly anxious and fearful, hardly the type of neighbour you want storing up a cache of weapons. 
V

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:57 PM »
What about the right for 5 year old children to not be murdered at school.  And nobody wants to prevent responsible citizens from gun ownership for hunting or farming or the like.  But one, they don't need military assault weapons and second, they need to be really hard to get, even for responsible individuals, and their need to be checks and balances to keep gun owners accountable.  Handing guns out like candy is a recipe for disaster.

nobody is handing guns out like candy. your grasp of what it is like in the usa is pathetic

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »
  nobody is handing guns out like candy. your grasp of what it is like in the usa is pathetic
300 million guns in a country with 300 million people, sorry, I meant handing them out more than candy!
V

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »

hmmm...makes sense.  Sad & scary, but it makes sense.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »
I'm assuming he's referring to psychological addiction, which is what 95% of drugs cause. Very few rec drugs are physically addictive, so I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just confused and that you weren't really talking out of your ass again.

Just how retarded do you think I am ???
w

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »
Police alarmed at illegal gun numbers

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
Just how retarded do you think I am ???
Fully Retarded.  :o  ;D
V