Author Topic: Clinton Scolds GOP Senator On Whether Protest Sparked Benghazi Attack  (Read 4391 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Clinton Scolds GOP Senator On Whether Protest Sparked Benghazi Attack
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
LOL - back to her lying ways as usual. 

What a thug 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
hahaha...they hate having their bullshit shoved right back in their faces.

She's gone soon anyway.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »
hahaha...they hate having their bullshit shoved right back in their faces.

She's gone soon anyway.

Man, she was obfuscating, misdirecting and running out the clock during those "hearings."

What a joke.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
Man, she was obfuscating, misdirecting and running out the clock during those "hearings."

What a joke.
and it was brilliant!
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:04:01 AM »
and it was brilliant!

The masses of idiots who worship these liars - yes

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:11:26 AM »
and it was brilliant!

How is it brilliant?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »
It seems to me that the only people who would find such strategy "brilliant" are ones who admire and respect acts of obfuscating, misdirecting and running out the clock as tactics to deflect accountability.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 06:30:02 AM »
It seems to me that the only people who would find such strategy "brilliant" are ones who admire and respect acts of obfuscating, misdirecting and running out the clock as tactics to deflect accountability.

"I take full responsibility . . . . .. but dont know what happened and did not do anything wrong"

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 06:37:35 AM »
the american people see it for what it is,the repubs are trying to make more than what it is, it's not working, even rand paul back peddled later in the day.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 06:38:05 AM »
"I take full responsibility...

Next sentence:
"I am the Secretary of State. And the [Accountability Review Board] made very clear that the level of responsibility for the failures that they outlined was set at the Assistant Secretary level and below."

Yes, brilliant.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 06:40:55 AM »
the american people see it for what it is,the repubs are trying to make more than what it is, it's not working, even rand paul back peddled later in the day.

Why are you so slavishly loyal to the Democrat party?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
Next sentence:

Yes, brilliant.

That's brilliant, indeed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »
 :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »
3 Incredibly Outrageous Evasions by Hillary Clinton About Benghazi
 Reason ^ | 01/24/2013 | Nick Gillsepie

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:04:57 PM

During a long day of testifying before House and Senate panels, outgoing Secretary of State - and presumptive Democratic Party candidate for the presidency in 2016 - Hillary Clinton batted away contentious questions from Republicans like Ted Williams at a Little League game. She also soaked up extreme adulation from Democrats (including a a not-so-coded call to run for president by Sen. Barbara Boxer, who said, "You will be missed, but I for one hope for not too long").

The scene reminded me of nothing so much as Oliver North's appearance before a joint Congressional committee investigating Iran-Contra back in the 1980s. Not because of anything Clinton said but the way that she carried herself and the ease with which she wrapped herself in the flag and tragedy to obscure the simple fact that she wasn't going to answer anything. North famously showed up to testify in a military uniform that had nothing to do with his day job of subverting the U.S. Constitution from the basement of the Reagan White House. Clinton couldn't repeat that fashion statement but she was able to pound the table and choke up at all the right moments to evade serious discussion not simply of major screw-ups, but major screw-ups that will go unaccounted for.

Three major evasions from her appearances yesterday include:

1. "I take responsiblity."

From a Fox News report of the Senate hearing:

During the opening of the hearing, Clinton said she has "no higher priority" than the security of her department's staff, and that she is committed to making the department "safer, stronger and more secure."

"As I have said many times, I take responsibility, and nobody is more committed to getting this right," Clinton said, later choking up when describing how she greeted the families of the victims when the caskets were returned.

Taking responsibility is the classic dodge in Washington, where pols assume the mantle of leadership and them promptly do nothing to address the situation for which they are in hot water. What does it mean to take responsiblity for the absolute breakdown of security at a consulate where your ambassador gets murdered (along with three others)? Judging from Clinton's subsequent actions, nothing other than showing up when the dead are brought home. Worse still is Clinton's misting up over the tragedy. That makes her a little too much like the kid who kills his parents and then asks the court to take mercy on him because he's now an orphan.

2. "1.43 million cables come to my office."

ABC News reporting from the House hearings:

Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, asked Clinton this afternoon why her office had not responded to a notification from Stevens about potential dangers in Libya.

"Congressman, that cable did not come to my attention," Clinton calmly told the House Foreign Affairs Committee hours after her Senate testimony this morning. "I'm not aware of anyone within my office, within the secretary's office having seen that cable."

She added that "1.43 million cables come to my office. They're all addressed to me."

Come on, already. The question is plainly not whether Clinton is reading every goddamned communication addressed to her but whether she's got the right people in charge of assessing risk and making sure resources are apportioned accordingly. Tragically, the answer was no, especially given the fact that State had cut security in Benghazi despite attacks prior to the deadly 9/11 one! This just ain't no way to run things.

3. "What difference at this point does it make?"

From a CBS News account of a confrontation between Secretary Clinton and Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.):

“We were misled that there were supposedly protests and an assault spraying out of that and it was easily obtained that it was not the fact the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that,” Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said.

“The fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?” Clinton responded.

Clinton's statement may set a new standard for politically motivated evasions of basic truth and decency. Seriously: What difference does it make? Just for low-stakes starters, there's a guy in California who was put in jail basically because the Obama administration said his stupid, irrelevant video trailer for "The Innocence of Muslims" was to blame for anti-Americanism in Libya and beyond. President Obama went to the United Nations and bitch-slapped free expression in front of a global audience on the premise that "Innocence" was the cause of the attack on Benghazi. Our own U.N. ambassador, Susan Rice, took to the talk shows to peddle a line that was either wilfully misleading or simply totally wrong (Rice was the admin's point person in early appearances about Benghazi partly because, as Clinton explained yesterday, she doesn't like doing Sunday morning shows!).

Contra Clinton, it makes a great deal of difference because understanding how this all happened is the first step to making sure it doesn't happen over and over and over again.

Congressional grillings of outgoing cabinet members are not the best forum to seek truth and justice and too many of the GOP inquisitors seem determined merely to score partisan points. Then again, the Obama adminstration, at least when it comes to Benghazi, hasn't done much to be the transparent change it says it wants in all areas of government. After a blistering Senate report on the situation found "systematic failures," essentially nothing happened (at least that we know about). Two minor staffers have been booted as a result of Clinton's taking of "responsibility."

Worse still: As Hillary Clinton leaves the high-stakes world of international intrigue, she's set to be replaced by John Kerry, who somehow manages to be an interventionist and supposedly informed by the nation's experience in Vietnam at the same time.

So things can - and likely will - only get worse.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:21 AM »
I guess I just don't get how liberals defend her simply because she has a (D) after her name.  I mean she WAS complicit in that war you are all convinced was "fake".  I simply do not understand the political stances of people in this country.  Hasn't everyone figured out that this is a dog and pony show yet?

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members...

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.  Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well, effects American security.

This is a very difficult vote, this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make.  Any vote that might lead to war should be hard, but I cast it with conviction."

Senator Hillary Clinton (Democrat, New York)
    Addressing the US Senate
    October 10, 2002

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 06:38:51 AM »
for the record I don't think she's guilty of anything.  people died.  it sucks.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 07:33:16 AM »
Americans are dead because a bunch of people fucked up.

-Why were the cables ignored?
-Why did those in charge stand by and do nothing while they watched the attacks live?
-Why wasn't more security given when the consulate was in a high threat area during a very dangerous period?
-Why were the agents in the Safe House told to stand down?
-Why was the YouTube movie used as an excuse for the violence when it was really never seen and was just a trailer?
-Why did Susan Rice lie about that?
-It makes a difference because it shows that the State Dept. and intel services were caught completely unaware of a planned attack on the consulate. Or that they knew about it and ignored it.

For what it's worth, the consulate was probably a node for gun trafficking and such to the "Democratic Freedom Fighters."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:25 AM »
 ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
a whole of lot republicans have been deep-throating hilary since 2008 :(

If you've been on getbig, you have seen it... people who hate obama saying "Hilary ain't that bad" as if personality trumps her identical bullshit policies.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »
w