Author Topic: Irishdave Explain! Drunk Driving legal in Pts of Ireland?  (Read 1507 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Irishdave Explain! Drunk Driving legal in Pts of Ireland?
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
Due to people in rural areas being "lonely"?
Obviously the owner of the pub who voted for this, is only doing this for more business.
http://m.jalopnik.com/5978388/drunk-driving-is-now-legal-in-parts-of-ireland-because-irish-country-people-are-lonely

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
Re: Irishdave Explain! Drunk Driving legal in Pts of Ireland?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
The Proposer one Mr Healy Rae is a publican  and a Politician of the "cute hoor" school of thinking
Councils have no law making power and this is a publicity stunt with all the attaction of pissing against the wind. The road death rate is now the lowest since records started and is one of the lowest in Europe. 
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/healy-rae-defends-call-for-drink-drive-permits-582035.html
c

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
the irish can be sober  ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »
Due to people in rural areas being "lonely"?
Obviously the owner of the pub who voted for this, is only doing this for more business.
http://m.jalopnik.com/5978388/drunk-driving-is-now-legal-in-parts-of-ireland-because-irish-country-people-are-lonely

Take away everyone's vehicles

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:01:46 AM »
the irish can be sober  ???

lol

Scots can drink the irish urder the table

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 02:09:39 AM »
It's not law yet, it's a motion passed by the Kerry County Council. Most people didn't "show up that day" or abstained from voting and also the Healy-Raes are ringleaders of this - a family of politicians and councillers who also have a vested interest in this because they are publicans (own pubs). It could very well become law but is unlikely.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:44 AM »
It's not law yet, it's a motion passed by the Kerry County Council. Most people didn't "show up that day" or abstained from voting and also the Healy-Raes are ringleaders of this - a family of politicians and councillers who also have a vested interest in this because they are publicans (own pubs). It could very well become law but is unlikely.
Thanks...I figured it was more to it than what was reported...

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 02:50:43 AM »
My wife's family are from Kerry and those guys are beyond Irish lol! Their local council operates to different ways of thinking, and they are just different than the rest of Ireland. This motion is not being taken seriously though, the councillor that raised it has even been getting hung up on, on local radio shows there when trying to defend his reasons etc.

Crazy place, but lovely people and the scenery is like BOOOOM!!!!!! The ring of Kerry is famous for a gorgeous drive and the views are outstanding (don't tell tbombz it's called the 'ring' of kerry he'll be selling his dad's rolex to get a ticket)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 02:55:19 AM »
Ferris Buler killed someone over there, did he not?

THE BEEF

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:32:27 AM »
Ferris Buler killed someone over there, did he not?

THE BEEF

He did

"On August 5, 1987, Broderick was in a car accident in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, while vacationing with Jennifer Grey, whom he had begun dating in semi-secrecy during the filming of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The accident, which was the event through which their relationship became public, occurred when the rented BMW Broderick was driving crossed into the wrong lane and collided head-on with a Volvo driven by a local mother and daughter, Anna Gallagher 28, and Margaret Doherty 63, who were killed instantly in the accident. Broderick suffered a fractured leg, fractured ribs, a concussion, and a collapsed lung. Grey received minor injuries, including severe whiplash. Broderick told authorities he had no recollection of the crash and did not know why he was in the wrong lane. "I don't remember the day. I don't remember even getting up in the morning. I don't remember making my bed. What I first remember is waking up in the hospital, with a very strange feeling going on in my leg," he said at the time. Broderick was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and faced up to five years behind bars, but was later convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving and fined $175,[10][11][12][13] which the victims' family called "a travesty of justice." Martin Doherty, whose sister and mother were killed in the crash, later stated that he forgave Broderick, amid plans to meet with Broderick in 2003, in order to gain a sense of closure. As of 2012, the meeting has not taken place.[14]"

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 05:32:48 AM »
My wife's family are from Kerry and those guys are beyond Irish lol! Their local council operates to different ways of thinking, and they are just different than the rest of Ireland. This motion is not being taken seriously though, the councillor that raised it has even been getting hung up on, on local radio shows there when trying to defend his reasons etc.

Crazy place, but lovely people and the scenery is like BOOOOM!!!!!! The ring of Kerry is famous for a gorgeous drive and the views are outstanding (don't tell tbombz it's called the 'ring' of kerry he'll be selling his dad's rolex to get a ticket)

forgive my ignorance, but is Cork a part of Kerry?

those dudes from Cork got damn cool accents 8)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 05:41:33 AM »
Close dj, but they are adjoining counties I believe - pretty southernmost of Ireland and borders Kerry so i'd imagine the accents are not that far off mate

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:09:31 AM »
Gotta love Irish people. Never met one who wasn't easy going. The fact that they are rarely sober helps quite a bit.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »
Gotta love Irish people. Never met one who wasn't easy going. The fact that they are rarely sober helps quite a bit.

Agreed. Drunk people are good people.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 06:27:04 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 06:29:17 AM »