Author Topic: Did anyone here used EPO?  (Read 2162 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
Did anyone here used EPO?
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »
what are the effects if you are running or cycling?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Did anyone here used EPO?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:30 PM »

I only admit this on Oprah

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »
I haven't used EPO, but I know a lot about the professional cycling world.  EPO increases a persons VO2 Max.   From somebody I know who has taken EPO, I was told it allows you to push yourself a little more comfortably, beyond your normal lactic acid threshold.   People who respond best to EPO are those with lower levels of red blood cells in terms of number of cells and size.  Referred to as Hematocrit.   If you're an athlete and you have a naturally lower hematocrit level than another athlete who has a naturally higher level performing the same sport, the benefit you will get from EPO is much greater than the benefit another person would get.  This is why doctors involved in drugging up athletes like professional cyclists don't give EPO to all members of a particular team.  They typically only administer EPO to the ones with the lower hematocrit levels, as percentage wise, they see the biggest improvements from EPO, and in the professional cycling world, they are the key cyclists in the peloton.   Lance Armstrong likely had low EPO levels, as once he started getting the EPO shots from Doctor Ferrari, his cycling accomplishments improved dramatically.  Somebody who had naturally higher EPO levels would not of responded as well as Lance did with his naturally lower levels.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
I believe it increases red blood cells that carry oxygen. The problems with it that it makes your blood thick that could lead to stroke and heart attacks. Also some talk of cancer. It's used to increase endurance.  Another technique used is to have their own blood removed and let their body create red blood cells from there then put the donated red blood cells back in the system.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:16 PM »
EPO is against the rules so I would never use it. Plus, I heard it was a gateway drug that leads to heroin addiction and robbing liquor stores.
a

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »
It also helps recovery, which is huge in tours. Its pulling the free radicals out while delivering the oxygen boost.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Couldn't this be applied only to the training phase?

combined with hgh would it allow say a sprinter to train harder and recover faster thus giving him a distinct advantage?

wouldn't this allow him to get clean for events yet still reaping the benefits?

I am thinking Usain Bolt
I

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 05:51:15 PM »
ped

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »
EPO is against the rules so I would never use it. Plus, I heard it was a gateway drug that leads to heroin addiction and robbing liquor stores.
:D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:02 PM »

i use it to help me out with the ladies. i find that i can go through 4-6/weekend night on EPO>

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:06 PM »
  Tito Ortiz and TP have

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »
a few bodybuilders I know have used it and they said they were able to train longer and hardxer and they said they got pretty brutal vascularity. They said it def helped their training because when they stopped using EPO their training went way downhill.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
Couldn't this be applied only to the training phase?

combined with hgh would it allow say a sprinter to train harder and recover faster thus giving him a distinct advantage?

wouldn't this allow him to get clean for events yet still reaping the benefits?

I am thinking Usain Bolt

EPO isn't really about recovery, although it does benefit a person with minor injuries.  Anabolics are best for overall recovery though.  EPO is about being able to maintain existing thresholds longer or setting new thresholds. If you're cycling up category 1 and category 2 hills on a tour, EPO is very beneficial.  Hill climbs is where you really see the people on EPO shine.  Lance was an average hill climber at best before he went on EPO.   Then boom!  All of a sudden he was flying past people on hills as if they were standing still.  Other riders on the tour would comment that as Lance would come by to pass them on a hill, he would actually be so relaxed that he would try to chat with other riders.  Something you typically don't have the energy to do on a steep hill climb.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:55 AM »
epo erections are amazing.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »
Lance Armstrong likely had low EPO levels, as once he started getting the EPO shots from Doctor Ferrari, his cycling accomplishments improved dramatically.  

;D :D

A bit of History
By: Michele Ferrari
Published: 22 Jan 2013

On the evening of April 24th, 1984, I was walking around in Barcelona after the conclusion of the seventh stage of the Vuelta (back then it was ran in the spring), when I casually crossed paths with a young journalist of L'Equipe.
Being new to the environment of professional cycling, I did not know him and that was the first time we met.
After a brief exchange of a few words, he told me literally referring to a great French cyclist: "He won his Tour de France's in a very artificial manner: beaucoup, beaucoup de corticoides."
I was surprised that a journalist who "lived by" cycling could come out and confide such a statement to a stranger, considering I was also the team doctor working for for Francesco Moser, then rival to the French cyclist.
I asked him: "And the controls?"
"No controls" he said, shaking his long hair.
Naively surprised and a little disappointed, I didn't pose the next logical question:
"No controls for him, or no controls on corticosteroids?".

I do not remember any cyclist having tested positive for CORTICOSTEROIDS, although they were widely abused in the peloton at that time, despite having the "Thevenet scandal" of 1978 shed light on the problem.
In fact, these drugs were not sought in the tests until at least 1999 (guess on who: Lance Armstrong, of course, in whose urine were investigated and measured infinitesimal trace amounts of triamcinolone (a corticosteroid), consistent with a legal local administration in the form of ointment).

TESTOSTERONE and ANABOLIC STEROIDS have been available from the 50's and 60's, and it is very likely that athletes have made wide use of those, but tests for the probable intake of exogenous testosterone were approved only in 1986, while specific tests for the numerous anabolic drugs were developed as new molecules were coming on the market.
I asked a Grand Champion of the 70's which drugs were used in his time.
"Amphetamines, cortisone" he said. "Decadurabolin, durabolin, sustanon?" I added. "Ah yes, those too..." (he had not even considered them as doping...).
In reality, many athletes, not just cyclists, continued to take testosterone and anabolic steroids (orally) away from the races, until out-of-competition controls were finally established a few years ago, which are an effective deterrent.

The first scientific publication on the effects of blood TRANSFUSIONS over aerobic performance dates back some 67 years ago! (Science 1945, 102:589-591). It's very likely that endurance athletes have used it since the 60's, though only a decade later we had contextual certainty.
As of today, there is no test that can demonstrate autologous blood transfusion.

At the end of the 80's, ERYTHROPOIETIN came out and only in 2000 a specific test was approved, however, subject to some adjustments in time and criticism from the scientific community.

In the same years the use of HGH and INSULIN began to spread over, for their anabolic results and effects on body composition. Only very recently specific blood tests have been developed.

Therefore, at least since the end of the last World War, athletes have had access to drugs and methods that can affect athletic performance and theoretically EVERYONE could have been using them for many years, without running into the network of anti-doping controls.

Professional sport (not just cycling) has evolved to the levels that we know today thanks also to drugs or at least in the presence of drugs or methods used with the goal of optimizing performance.

But how truly effective are these "aids"?
How much of the placebo effect is in their use?
To what extent are the sensations reported by athletes reliable?

Difficult to answer. Scientific studies on the topic are often inadequate and come with conflicting conclusions. The athletes and the media tend to overestimate the effects, with the result that they are considered indispensable to compete with opponents who may use the same methods/substances.

LANCE ARMSTRONG, during the recent interview, said that he didn't think he could have won all 7 Tour de France's without using testosterone, EPO and blood transfusions.

I think Lance is wrong.

If his way of taking TESTOSTERONE was the one reported by several teammates (microdoses diluted in olive oil, under the tongue), this could not have more than a PLACEBO EFFECT.
The amount absorbed with this mode of administration and dosage are negligible and certainly have no effect on performance or recovery.
In the case of Armstrong after the disease, it is possible that exogenous administration of testosterone may even worsen his aerobic performances (Med Hypotheses 2007; 68:735-749).

EPO and AUTO-TRANSFUSIONS, always in the manner reported by teammates (micro-doses of EPO and 1-2 units of blood) correspond to an increase of Hb-mass by 5-10% for an endurance athlete weighing 75 kg, who has 9-10 liters of blood.
Such increments of Hb-mass correspond to performance improvements in the order of 3-6%.
Equal increases in Hb-mass can be achieved with appropriate periods of altitude training (J Appl Physiol 1998, 85:1448-1456, Int J Sports Med 2005; 26:350-355, J Appl Physiol 2006; 100:1938 - 1945, Scand J Med Sci Sports 2012; 22:95-103).

Therefore Armstrong would have achieved the same level of performance without resorting to doping, also thanks to his talent which was far superior to the rivals of his era.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »
i took EPO once and man the sides were brutal

i became fat, grew bitch tits, looked like a fat broad. but strangest of all it seemed to make me attracted to nasser's soiled underwear and i started having opinions all my friends said were those of a retard

thank god i stopped in time.

i still have this useless machine gun at home though

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »
I knew someone who used it for a show.. He also almost died from diuretics the same show and spent a week in the hospital.. He won his class, So I guess it worked!