Author Topic: Kongo vs. Roy Nelson  (Read 8047 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
Joe - what exactly is Rampage thinking?  He has no where to go.  No one is going to pay him the money the UFC is paying him.  And he's past his prime.  Why is he acting like such an ungrateful little biatch?
w

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »
He can last a round and a half..tops.

Lasted 3 rounds with JDS but kongo would put him away in one and a half round? what are you smoking? lol.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
Joe - what exactly is Rampage thinking?  He has no where to go.  No one is going to pay him the money the UFC is paying him.  And he's past his prime.  Why is he acting like such an ungrateful little biatch?

In the interview with Ariel he said he has offers 3-4x the ammount of money ufc pays him lol. Rampage gets 200k (not including sponsors) so he claimed someone is offering him 600+ k lol. bellator?  ::)  ;D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
In the interview with Ariel he said he has offers 3-4x the ammount of money ufc pays him lol. Rampage gets 200k (not including sponsors) so he claimed someone is offering him 600+ k lol. bellator?  ::)  ;D

Not to mention, no one else can do PPVs like the UFC or get the audience the UFC gets through Fox. 

I like Quinton and I was hoping he would be able to win this last fight.  But, it's too bad he's so mentally fucked up.  He's his own worse enemy :-/
w

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
  Yes. Q problem is Q

as for Kongo KO'ng Roy    ANY thing is possible   BUT  I do NOT think so

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »
 Taken this morning. Nelson accepted now just waiting on Dana White. Possibly UFC on Fox7

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
Taken this morning. Nelson accepted now just waiting on Dana White. Possibly UFC on Fox7

Joe,

For Kongo's sake, if he manages to get in the octagon against Nelson, he better win or at the very least give Nelson the fight of his life.

He needs to stay relevant in the UFC, before Dana starts to cut him off as he does with all the fighters when he gets bored and can't exploit them for money.

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 12:00:38 PM »
Joe,

For Kongo's sake, if he manages to get in the octagon against Nelson, he better win or at the very least give Nelson the fight of his life.

He needs to stay relevant in the UFC, before Dana starts to cut him off as he does with all the fighters when he gets bored and can't exploit them for money.

"1"

It may be his last fight anyway. He has other investments to make his money, plus he's 37. We'll see.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »

I have a feeling this box isn't used for jumps.

Kongo will lose...training completely wrong.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Joe,

"1"

why would Dana keep anyone around that doesn't deliver an ROI?  It's a business, not a charity organization...
w

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »
  Good luck Coach

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »
why would Dana keep anyone around that doesn't deliver an ROI?  It's a business, not a charity organization...
Overall, I think the UFC has been pretty fair to their fighters. They took a huge risk with a large investment in the beginning. The shows and PPV aren't cheap to put on.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »

He will go to Japan. He loves it there. As far as his training. He's old school when it comes to conditioning and cutting weight. He and his camp still believe in long slow runs for conditioning + sparring, little strength work and although I have no idea how much he cut the week of the fight, he usually does the 15-20lbs 48hrs prior to weigh ins and smoking when he's not getting ready for a fight is a detriment as well. The only time he trains is when he fights. I still contend that it was Dolce that fucked him up for his fight against Rashad.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 03:17:42 PM »
  Coach is correct again

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 04:31:27 PM »
He will go to Japan. He loves it there. As far as his training. He's old school when it comes to conditioning and cutting weight. He and his camp still believe in long slow runs for conditioning + sparring, little strength work and although I have no idea how much he cut the week of the fight, he usually does the 15-20lbs 48hrs prior to weigh ins and smoking when he's not getting ready for a fight is a detriment as well. The only time he trains is when he fights. I still contend that it was Dolce that fucked him up for his fight against Rashad.

he smokes cigarrettes or weed?
w

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
  He smokes both

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »
Overall, I think the UFC has been pretty fair to their fighters. They took a huge risk with a large investment in the beginning. The shows and PPV aren't cheap to put on.

Without a doubt, the UFC has done more for fighters than all other MMA organizations combined.  Because of the UFC, MMA is a much bigger sport, with more opportunities and a lot more money for the fighters.  They do a good job of taking care of fighters with bonuses, health care, etc.

That said, because they have a virtual monopoly, and because Dana is such an emotional little biatch, there are fighters that get fucked.  If you don't play by the UFC rules and/or get on Dana's bad side, you end up like Shamrock, Ortiz, Torrez, Rampage, etc.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 04:35:58 PM »
 He smokes both

lol.  A high level athlete competing in a sport where he can literally get killed and he's smoking cigarets?  Pathetic...
w

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
  Mind Spin tapped the correct

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
lol.  I high level athlete competing in a sport where he can literally get killed and he's smoking cigarets?  Pathetic...

fyi hes not a "high level athlete" just a thug who fights

does take balls to do that however
A

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »
fyi hes not a "high level athlete" just a thug who fights

does take balls to do that however

At the risk of disagreeing with you and having you fly off the handle, I will say that anyone who can make it to the upper levels of MMA, and in Quinton's case win belts in two orgs, is a high level athlete. 
w

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2013, 05:48:53 PM »

Kongo looks like he's about to smoke something too in the picture kindly provided by coach.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »
page is a gifted fighter and was just born tough. he wast made in a gym he was made on the street ya dig

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
 He got the PRIDE Belt by beating Dan via JD in the UFC

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
fyi hes not a "high level athlete"

I agree