Author Topic: Defense chief Panetta to clear women for combat roles  (Read 5729 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Defense chief Panetta to clear women for combat roles
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2013, 05:20:04 PM »
The above female marine was a stellar athelite and played college sports. She's admitted she's not the norm. Your not going to get a huge swath of women who can do what she can do from the get go...and then they have to make it through Infantry or armor schools. Having done both, I think being in armor will be worse. They just can't do the things we do physically...and the drama is beyond belief.
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »
The above female marine was a stellar athelite and played college sports. She's admitted she's not the norm. Your not going to get a huge swath of women who can do what she can do from the get go...and then they have to make it through Infantry or armor schools. Having done both, I think being in armor will be worse. They just can't do the things we do physically...and the drama is beyond belief.
You guys have to be able to work with some of the track components in the field, correct? Changing drive sprockets and shit?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2013, 08:03:06 PM »
This country has literally become a sick joke.

Politicians play with our lives for shits and giggles. Social engineering is nothing more than a catchphrase for human experimentation.

Step by step our society continues to destroy itself from within.

I guess the concept of no women and no kids-- is becoming an antiquated notion.

Whats next? Child soldiers?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »
I'm ok with this, so long as they don't lower the physical fitness requirements.  If a female can physically do what a man can do, then let them compete. 

Even after LOWERING the physical requirements, most women couldn't cut it.

Guess what? They are delaying the female physical requirements. They might decide to lower it even further or get rid of it.

Marines delay female fitness plan after half fail pull-up test

More than half of female Marines in boot camp can't do three pull-ups, prompting the Marine Corps to delay changes to minimum fitness requirements that were set to take effect in the new year.

More than half of female Marines in boot camp can't do three pull-ups, the minimum standard that was supposed to take effect with the new year, prompting the Marine Corps to delay the requirement, part of the process of equalizing physical standards to integrate women into combat jobs.

Although no new timetable has been set on the delayed physical requirement, Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos wants training officials to "continue to gather data and ensure that female Marines are provided with the best opportunity to succeed," Capt. Maureen Krebs, a Marine spokeswoman, said Thursday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/marines-delay-female-fitness-plan-fail-pull-up-test-article-1.1565216

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »
Even after LOWERING the physical requirements, most women couldn't cut it.

Guess what? They are delaying the female physical requirements. They might decide to lower it even further or get rid of it.

Marines delay female fitness plan after half fail pull-up test

More than half of female Marines in boot camp can't do three pull-ups, prompting the Marine Corps to delay changes to minimum fitness requirements that were set to take effect in the new year.

More than half of female Marines in boot camp can't do three pull-ups, the minimum standard that was supposed to take effect with the new year, prompting the Marine Corps to delay the requirement, part of the process of equalizing physical standards to integrate women into combat jobs.

Although no new timetable has been set on the delayed physical requirement, Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos wants training officials to "continue to gather data and ensure that female Marines are provided with the best opportunity to succeed," Capt. Maureen Krebs, a Marine spokeswoman, said Thursday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/marines-delay-female-fitness-plan-fail-pull-up-test-article-1.1565216

Yeah.  I heard about this.  Three pull-ups is a pretty low standard.  And I bet they change it.   :-\

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
Yeah.  I heard about this.  Three pull-ups is a pretty low standard.  And I bet they change it.   :-\

You dont need strong arms to pull a trigger but that is ridicilous.

Go to any gym and many of the girls can do more pull ups than that. And part of the marines job is training so wtf

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »
You dont need strong arms to pull a trigger but that is ridicilous.

Go to any gym and many of the girls can do more pull ups than that. And part of the marines job is training so wtf

You think the only thing they do is pull triggers? 

Most women have problems doing pull-ups.  Actually, so do most guys IMO.  But this isn't about the typical man or woman.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2014, 05:10:13 PM »

Most women have problems doing pull-ups.  Actually, so do most guys IMO.  But this isn't about the typical man or woman.

I agree, they are combat trained which makes its a little disturbing.

I imagine you want someone with at least somewhat good fitness covering your ass in a war zone.

HH6 your take on this?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »

seriously.  Its rare for a woman to be able to do pullups period. ... I remember a couple WMs that could do them effeftively....

but its not about pullups. If a woman cant do 3 pullups with no geat? How can she pull herself into a chopper under fire with 80lb pack, 12 pound rifle, ammo, boots, plate carrier, etc? How can she pull herself over a wall to get behind cover? How can she pull a wounded comrade out of the fray?

It goes way behind the PFT, and the standards are woefully lax because the Corps has incredible faith in its Drill Instructors and Combat instructors to whip the recruits into fighting shape.

Not so with women, they physically do not adapt and toughen to the constant stresses the instructors and training puts on their bodies to prep them for war.... instead their bodies breakdown. Its nature, they lack the hormones necessary for their bodies to recover and rebuild from the constant physical abuse.

Hell the male recruits get thin and gaunt.... females evwn with training 1/10th as difficult gave their bodies break down and some are unable to function.

Were trying to rewrite the laws of nature to suit a extremely small grouo of people and their crusade to erase the natural linss between genders, and its just not possible. ... men and women are different, period... no matter what dumbass college feminist thats never done anything more difficult than write a 400 page essay on why women can do everything men can thinks.

the majority of women pushing for this arent even military, theyre just dimbass activists that think they can just will the gender lines to disappear because, dammit, "there isnt a thing that a man can do that a woman cant do either!!!"

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
seriously.  Its rare for a woman to be able to do pullups period. ... I remember a couple WMs that could do them effeftively....

but its not about pullups. If a woman cant do 3 pullups with no geat? How can she pull herself into a chopper under fire with 80lb pack, 12 pound rifle, ammo, boots, plate carrier, etc? How can she pull herself over a wall to get behind cover? How can she pull a wounded comrade out of the fray?

It goes way behind the PFT, and the standards are woefully lax because the Corps has incredible faith in its Drill Instructors and Combat instructors to whip the recruits into fighting shape.

Not so with women, they physically do not adapt and toughen to the constant stresses the instructors and training puts on their bodies to prep them for war.... instead their bodies breakdown. Its nature, they lack the hormones necessary for their bodies to recover and rebuild from the constant physical abuse.

Hell the male recruits get thin and gaunt.... females evwn with training 1/10th as difficult gave their bodies break down and some are unable to function.

Were trying to rewrite the laws of nature to suit a extremely small grouo of people and their crusade to erase the natural linss between genders, and its just not possible. ... men and women are different, period... no matter what dumbass college feminist thats never done anything more difficult than write a 400 page essay on why women can do everything men can thinks.

the majority of women pushing for this arent even military, theyre just dimbass activists that think they can just will the gender lines to disappear because, dammit, "there isnt a thing that a man can do that a woman cant do either!!!"

Boooommm!!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »
I wonder what the public who support this will think the first time a female combat soldier gets taken captive, tortured and raped?  How will they feel about this equal opportunity then? 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
I wonder what the public who support this will think the first time a female combat soldier gets taken captive, tortured and raped?  How will they feel about this equal opportunity then? 

"fairness"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 11:20:18 AM »

Good points.  I agree.