Author Topic: Joe Rogan: Pot savant or great avangardist thinker?  (Read 7900 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: Joe Rogan: Pot savant or great avangardist thinker?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
joe is not an intellectual and would probly be the first person to tell you that lol, he's just a wise thoughtful and insightful guy. down to earth and a real proponent of formal logic. cool dude.

annoying as an mma guy though but he get so excited I think he cant help it. knowledgeable about martial arts too, right up there with Bas as a commentator.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »
joe is not an intellectual and would probly be the first person to tell you that lol, he's just a wise thoughtful and insightful guy. down to earth and a real proponent of formal logic. cool dude.

annoying as an mma guy though but he get so excited I think he cant help it. knowledgeable about martial arts too, right up there with Bas as a commentator.

I know it's a matter of opinion, but as a technical MMA commentator, IMO no one comes close.  He's a national kick boxing champ and a BJJ black belt and he has huge passion for the sport.  He does sometimes get overly excited but for the most part, he enhances the experience for me.
w

AVBG

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »
I'm a big fan of Rogan's podcast work.

That podcast is probably an advertisers dream.

"1"

The fact that the program is so popular, his workload is so prolific and he doesn't saturate it with advertising is very unique.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
But his MMA commentary is fucking obnoxious as hell.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 02:35:20 PM »
smoking pot fucked up my heart so fuck the drug agenda hes pushing
A

AVBG

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
Joe Rogan is a stud.  Some of you may know him from TV.  Others from the UFC.  But there are a lot of fascinating dimensions to this guy.  I listen to podcasts regularly and highly recommend that you all do too.  Nothing but good thoughts and positive vibe.

Agreed 100%

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 02:44:47 PM »
Big fan of joe hogan.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »

Really?  Can you please elaborate?
w

MikMaq

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 02:54:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure Rogan is a fan of Ventura and Alex Jones?

He goes on Alex Jones from time to time?

I like Rogan and Ventura.
Alex is a nut but he is right from time to time. It's a law of averages.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »
Really?  Can you please elaborate?

your body is a system that is run by electricity it creates from daily  living, when doing drugs or carcinogens like smoking cause ever so slight changes in this electrical feild like small undistinguishable tumors , carcinogens do this messing up the perfect flow of current/blood/energy

think of it like a spark plug if the spark plug on your lawnmower is a fraction off it wont work properly. my heart is 95 percent good but i know that smoking weed messed it up some
A

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
your body is a system that is run by electricity it creates from daily  living, when doing drugs or carcinogens like smoking cause ever so slight changes in this electrical feild like small undistinguishable tumors , carcinogens do this messing up the perfect flow of current/blood/energy

think of it like a spark plug if the spark plug on your lawnmower is a fraction off it wont work properly. my heart is 95 percent good but i know that smoking weed messed it up some

fascinating.  Any research or studies on this? 
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »

Maybe you just need to re-gap your plugs? ???

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »

x2

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »
In what way OMR?

Joe has a seriously large fanbase.  You have the pot aficionados, the MMA fans (UFC, strikeforce, bellator etc) and then the comedy fans (Listen to his show for the comics that are interviewed) that follow his podcast and check in every week 3-4 times.

That is an advertisers dream come true.  They once had the fleshlight as a sponsor and you know that product caters to all three of those groups perfectly.

"1"

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Maybe you just need to re-gap your plugs? ???

lol

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
Joe has a seriously large fanbase.  You have the pot aficionados, the MMA fans (UFC, strikeforce, bellator etc) and then the comedy fans (Listen to his show for the comics that are interviewed) that follow his podcast and check in every week 3-4 times.

That is an advertisers dream come true.  They once had the fleshlight as a sponsor and you know that product caters to all three of those groups perfectly.

"1"

Most of them probably use the Joe edition.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »
x2

He doesn't really push a "drug agenda".  He does focus heavily on personal development on all levels (physical, mental, spiritual).  He often talks about how pot, shrooms, DMT and other psychedelics allow you to tap into deeper realms of your consciousness and how you can benefit from that.  He's not alone in thinking that and a lot of science supports him.  That said, he also talks about harsh drugs like coke, crack, heroin, etc. and how destructive they are. 
w

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
fascinating.  Any research or studies on this? 

why are you deleting my threads you peice of shit steroid loser
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »
He doesn't really push a "drug agenda".  He does focus heavily on personal development on all levels (physical, mental, spiritual).  He often talks about how pot, shrooms, DMT and other psychedelics allow you to tap into deeper realms of your consciousness and how you can benefit from that.  He's not alone in thinking that and a lot of science supports him.  That said, he also talks about harsh drugs like coke, crack, heroin, etc. and how destructive they are. 

You're a good man MindSpin, please don't doubt the Falcon, or delete his threads!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »

"1"
Well said OMR

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 04:26:08 PM »
I'm not deleting any threads ::)
w

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
I'm not deleting any threads ::)

youre the only mod online loser
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »
my threads never got deleted until you started showing your face again here, what happen run out of steroids got you pissed off and take it out on me?
A

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 04:30:20 PM »
youre the only mod online loser

no I'm not :-) Oh, and there are several folks with mod powers that aren't mods.  Hope that helps.
w

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
no I'm not :-) Oh, and there are several folks with mod powers that aren't mods.  Hope that helps.
Be nice to Johnny, he works hard to help people like you.