Author Topic: any photographers here?  (Read 2924 times)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
any photographers here?
« on: January 26, 2013, 01:46:53 AM »
what gear do you have?  im just a amateur but im thinking about going professional next year and start my own..i have a canon 50d and 5d mark 2. 70-200 f4L (going to upgrade to 2.8 is), canon 85 1.8 and a tamron 28-75 2.8 ( will upgrade to a canon 24-70). going to buy the sigma 35 1.4 it kicked canon and nikons 35/1.4 asses

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: any photographers here?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
what gear do you have?  im just a amateur but im thinking about going professional next year and start my own..i have a canon 50d and 5d mark 2. 70-200 f4L (going to upgrade to 2.8 is), canon 85 1.8 and a tamron 28-75 2.8 ( will upgrade to a canon 24-70). going to buy the sigma 35 1.4 it kicked canon and nikons 35/1.4 asses

Do a (Ron) search on the subject.  He has posted on it a few times.  I think syncpulse has too.
:

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: any photographers here?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
In the digital world:

If you are going to be an artist:
Go for the highest pixel count you can afford.  The more pixels the larger the prints you can make and retain sharpness.

Get a camera body that can take “legacy lenses”…These are lenses made originally for film cameras and are available very cheaply in a dizzying variety on the used equipment market.

Get a lighting kit…start out with at least three lights and stands…with umbrellas.

Get a strobe set…again three with stands and umbrellas.

Go to a linen store and a cheap set of  polyester white and pastel colored flat bed sheets…not for sleeping on but for backdrops…since they are not sleeping polyester is fine.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This being said I have had to put my most of my photographic activities on the shelf for nearly 8-10 years because my mother’s assisted living and a layoff has nearly bankrupted me.  I might lose the house I inherited from my parents because of this.

Except for the camera in my cell phone I have no digital cameras.

35mm;
I have two Pentaxs, one Nikon,  two 50 mm lenses, one 100 mm lens, one 500 mm lens, one 1000 mm lens

2.25;
I have one Bronica with 75mm lens, 150 mm lens.

4x5 large format:
one Speed Graphic with a 150 Schneider lens in a shutter…two Crown Graphics each with a 150 Schneider lens in a shutter.

I have the large format camera because I always wanted to make photo murals and very large prints…before my mother’s health made my finances go south I never made a print smaller than 20x24 inches.