Author Topic: "We cannot allow the rights of a few to override safety of all."  (Read 2957 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Feinstein: We cannot allow the rights of a few to override safety of all...

The Congressional Record ^ | February 24, 2013 | Dianne Feinstein (Traitor-CA)

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 1:49:32 PM

By Mrs. FEINSTEIN (for herself, Mr. SCHUMER, Mr. DURBIN, Mr. WHITEHOUSE, Mr. BLUMENTHAL, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. ROCKEFELLER, Ms. MIKULSKI, Mrs. BOXER, Mr. REED, Mr. LAUTENBERG, Mr. MENENDEZ, Mr. CARDIN, Mrs. GILLIBRAND, Mr. SCHATZ, Mr. MURPHY, Ms. WARREN, and Mr. CARPER):

S. 150. A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes; to the Committee on the Judiciary.

Mrs. FEINSTEIN. Mr. President, I rise today to introduce the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013. This legislation is urgently needed to help end the mass shootings that have devastated countless families and that lead too many Americans to live their lives in fear.

**snip** It will be an uphill battle--all the way. I know this.

But we need to ask ourselves:

Do we let the gun industry take over and dictate policy to this country? Do we let those who profit from increasing sales of these military style-weapons prevent us from taking commonsense steps to stop the carnage?

Or should we empower our elected representatives to vote their conscience based on their experience, based on their sense of right and wrong and based on their need to protect their schools, their malls, their workplaces and their businesses?

This legislation is my life's goal. As long as I am a member of the Senate, I will work night and day to pass this bill into law. No matter how long it takes, I will fight until assault weapons are taken off our streets.

Put simply, we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all. That is not the America that our founding fathers envisioned. And that is not the America I want my children and grandchildren to live in.

So I ask everyone watching at home: please get involved and stay involved.

The success or failure of this bill depends not on me, but on you. If the American people rise up and demand action from their elected officials, we will be victorious. If the American people say ``no'' to military-style assault weapons, we will rid our Nation of this scourge.

Please, talk to your senator and your member of Congress.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: "We cannot allow the rights of a few to override safety of all."
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »
 >:(

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »

That's a fascist statement if I ever heard one.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »
What a dumb cunt.  

It should read, "We cannot allow the safety of some to override the rights of all".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58:21 PM »
What a dumb cunt.  

It should read, "We cannot allow the safety of some to override the rights of all".

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

This is the democrat/leftist/communist philosophy - you exist under the boot of the tyranical communist police state or get stomped out. 

F them - every last one of them are pieces of shit. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »
this would be funny if it wasnt so sad and if there werent ppl in this country even on this board that agree with her.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:07:11 PM »
It's funny because a shitbag Federal judge just kicked the NYPD in the teeth over its stop and frisk program. The right of criminals not to be questioned by police apparently doesn't apply to my safety or the safety of my community.

I also wonder if the TSA will adopt that used tampons conception of rights when questioning middle eastern males flying into the Country on one way tickets?

How about the right to protect myself against the stupidity of Diane Feinstein?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
It's funny because a shitbag Federal judge just kicked the NYPD in the teeth over its stop and frisk program. The right of criminals not to be questioned by police apparently doesn't apply to my safety or the safety of my community.

I also wonder if the TSA will adopt that used tampons conception of rights when questioning middle eastern males flying into the Country on one way tickets?

What Feinstein said if funny because she contradicts herself with her own statement.

Who's in your avatar?  It's not Stacey Dash.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »

you know whats crazy. I looked @ whorewells av yesterday cause its nice. didn't see the Stacey Dash thing. I was just thinking what you wrote.

now you know.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:35:14 PM »
What Feinstein said if funny because she contradicts herself with her own statement.

Its whatshername-- Moretti, the webcam slut

I threw in Stacey after she took the reverse racism rape on twitter over supporting Romney.

Thats not to say that miss Dash doesn't have a fat ass. There just isn't an avatar (that Im aware of) which captures it proper.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
When that disgusting bitch Feinstein and her hand maiden Pelosi are willing to lend me their protection and Cadillac Escadales for self defense i will listen to these pieces of shit 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »
Its whatshername-- Moretti, the webcam slut

I threw in Stacey after she took the reverse racism rape on twitter over supporting Romney.

Thats not to say that miss Dash doesn't have a fat ass. There just isn't an avatar (that Im aware of) which captures it proper.
Have no clue about "moretti the cam slut" but I do like Stacey Dash.  

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 06:21:45 AM »
What a bitch.  And California just keep sending her back.  :P

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 06:27:57 AM »
What a bitch.  And California just keep sending her back.  :P

Democrat = communist.   Not to hard to figure out.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09:48 AM »

You should have a closer look at 'stop and frisk'.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
rights "of a few"

???  ???  ???

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »
Democrat = communist.   Not to hard to figure out.

Not all.  As TA said, the Democratic party is leaving a lot of long time Democrats like he and I behind.  This gun hunt is irrational nonsense.  On a side note which is sure to irritate my fellow libs.  My brother in-law recently purchased a new home with a large amount of acreage.  The first thing we did was build a pretty cool little shooting range.  Can't wait for the spring when he, some friends and I can break out the weapons.  I might even purchase a new bow!
A

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »

My bad. Its Melyssa Ford.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »
Not all.  As TA said, the Democratic party is leaving a lot of long time Democrats like he and I behind.  This gun hunt is irrational nonsense.  On a side note which is sure to irritate my fellow libs.  My brother in-law recently purchased a new home with a large amount of acreage.  The first thing we did was build a pretty cool little shooting range.  Can't wait for the spring when he, some friends and I can break out the weapons.  I might even purchase a new bow!
both parties are doing that my friend

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 10:43:40 AM »
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Generally paraphrased and attributed to Benjamin Franklin.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
both parties are doing that my friend

Seems that way.  A lot of people have nuanced positions on issues and it would best serve the two parties to stop polarizing and politicizing because all it does is alienate.  Maybe that's what they want.
A

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »
Libertarian Conservatism is the only answer. Unfortunately, "consultants" think that the message of liberty, individual responsibility, freedom of choice and self reliance is too "mean" so the Republican party won't follow suit.

We need a third party.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
Libertarian Conservatism is the only answer. Unfortunately, "consultants" think that the message of liberty, individual responsibility, freedom of choice and self reliance is too "mean" so the Republican party won't follow suit.

We need a third party.

So good to read!    8)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »
This whore needs to shut her trap nobody wants to hear her dumb opinion. But just to correct her, it is the rights of all not few. The second amendment extends to all citizens, not a few.

Number one thing they can do is stop their false flag operations - then the public will be very safe!