Author Topic: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?  (Read 9643 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I`ve never understand their logic (lack thereof) on this issue.  They point the fingers at Fast Food and Soda which are completely harmless to eat and drink.  How come nobody realizes that all you need to do is eat 2000 calories or so a day?  (that little piece of advice also eludes people of ALL political persuasions-many on Getbig even)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Re: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:37:19 PM »
Ban advertising for such products.

Advertising by definition is made to manipulate the viewer. If a company puts millions of dollars on the line to manipulate people into unhealthy life choices how can they act innocent.

I'm all for freedom of choice, but allowing coke ads free reign is just the opposite.

But anyways continues this childish diatribe, and be sure to stick your "values" and ignore virtually everything we know about human behavior.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »
I also think its an issue of personal freedom. People should be allowed to be unhealthy and obese if they so choose.  Any idiot knows the risks.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »

Advertising by definition is made to manipulate the viewer. If a company puts millions of dollars on the line to manipulate people into unhealthy life choices how can they act innocent.

I'm all for freedom of choice, but allowing coke ads free reign is just the opposite.

But anyways continues this childish diatribe, and be sure to stick your "values" and ignore virtually everything we know about human behavior.  ::)
???

You are a moron.  How come I never wanted to smoke cigarettes despite being bombarded with tons of ads as a kid and all my friends smoked?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

But anyways continues this childish diatribe, and be sure to stick your "values" and ignore virtually everything we know about human behavior.  ::)
What is unhealthy about Coke?  Especially Diet Coke?   ???

Banning advertising?  Really?   ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »
Also the sodium levels in fast foods are off the charts...

About as much as the over eating, Americans over indulge in many things. We have this belief that its ok to over indulge and that there is something wrong with those who do not, aka party poopers.

MikMaq

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
???

You are a moron.  How come I never wanted to smoke cigarettes despite being bombarded with tons of ads as a kid and all my friends smoked?
Smoking is a horrible example.

The much better question is why would coke spend billions of dollars on add campaigns.

Do you believe it's because it don't work?

Are you that fucking naive?

But again this is a typical adonis debate, if you completely ignore everything we know about human nature you are correct. However if you factor it in for even a fucking second, your autistic, beliefs seem child like.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
I also think its an issue of personal freedom. People should be allowed to be unhealthy and obese if they so choose.  Any idiot knows the risks.

This^^

I don't think you're really a liberal. You seem too smart. LOL

MikMaq

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
This^^

Great logic, but if adds didn't interfere with personal choice, they wouldn't exist.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »

The much better question is why would coke spend billions of dollars on add campaigns.

But again this is a typical adonis debate, if you completely ignore everything we know about human nature you are correct. However if you factor it in for even a fucking second, your autistic, beliefs seem child like.

What you'd like to do is treat adults like children who can't make decisions on their own.    We should expect people to think about the repucussions of their actions and make informed choices.  During no other time in history has information been so readily available.   If people are too lazy to think for themselves, that's their problem.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »

???
Smoking is a horrible example?  They were the king of advertising at one time.

I want Coke to spend millions on advertising.  I want them to sell as much product as they can.  I want them to succeed.  I hope the ads work incredibly well.

For the record, I do not like Coke Products at all.  I am strictly a Pepsi Man.  Coke is not nearly as good, despite the millions they spend in ads.  I choose Pepsi for the taste any day.  Especially Pepsi Max.

I also feel sorry for people like RAtard who cannot think for themselves and cannot make up their own mind about a product and have to rely on whatever advertising they "succumb" to.  Poor RAtards.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:49:55 PM »
This^^

You're the second person to tell me that.  I like to tell them I'm complex.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »
Great logic, but if adds didn't interfere with personal choice, they wouldn't exist.
Ads help you make a personal choice.  Their goal is not to "interfere".  Again, you are a moron.

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 05:51:02 PM »
???
Smoking is a horrible example?  They were the king of advertising at one time.

I want Coke to spend millions on advertising.  I want them to sell as much product as they can.  I want them to succeed.  I hope the ads work incredibly well.

For the record, I do not like Coke Products at all.  I am strictly a Pepsi Man.  Coke is not nearly as good, despite the millions they spend in ads.  I choose Pepsi for the taste any day.  Especially Pepsi Max.

I also feel sorry for people like RAtard who cannot think for themselves and cannot make up their own mind about a product and have to rely on whatever advertising they "succumb" to.  Poor RAtards.  ::)
smoking is a narcotic it doesn't need advertisements.

Anyhow I find it laughable, that you think I fall for adds, I'm autistic like you remember, adds tend not to work to well on us, it's a matter of neurology.

However for the general population, the ability to think for themselves is a massive delusion.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
You're the second person to tell me that.  I like to tell them I'm complex.
The Democrat Party left us a long time ago my friend.  I can`t believe the nonsensical farce it has become.  It was always a bit nonsensical in some areas, but its going over the cliff lately with the Republicans.  I don`t really feel like any party represents us for the most part.  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »

Anyhow I find it laughable, that you think I fall for adds, I'm autistic like you remember, adds tend not to work to well on us, it's a matter of neurology.

However for the general population, the ability to think for themselves is a massive delusion.

I see, you're trying to turn your "disability" into a super power.  All us normals are such idiots.

The Democrat Party left us a long time ago my friend.  I can`t believe the nonsensical farce it has become.  It was always a bit nonsensical in some areas, but its going over the cliff lately with the Republicans.  I don`t really feel like any party represents us for the most part.  

You're right.  Where's the simple logic and common sense? Shit, where's the intellectual consistency?   If you're not a true believer who swallows the party line without question you're not a true Democrat/liberal.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
Ads help you make a personal choice.  Their goal is not to "interfere".  Again, you are a moron.
Yeah by manipulating your personal desires through associations.

Like I honestly can't tell if your actually this naive or just trolling.

You can't expect a regular person to make a rational decision when they are filled with manipulation.

But again this is your whole circular argument, if you ignore human behavior you are right, otherwise fuck no.

MikMaq

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
I see, you're trying to turn your "disability" into a super power.  All us normals are such idiots.
Fuck you dude, I never said that, I don't think billboards work to well on a blind man either, don't make em special, think for a fucking second.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »

Caffeine is a narcotic.  You are the board`s only special RAtard.  No one is autistic but you.  I thought you had AssBurgers?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »
Yeah by manipulating your personal desires through associations.

Like I honestly can't tell if your actually this naive or just trolling.

You can't expect a regular person to make a rational decision when they are filled with manipulation.

But again this is your whole circular argument, if you ignore human behavior you are right, otherwise fuck no.
I see no issue whatsoever with manipulating personal desires in any way in order to steer them in a certain direction.  Its what I do best and I do it extremely well.

MikMaq

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 05:57:51 PM »
Caffeine is a narcotic.  You are the board`s only special RAtard.  No one is autistic but you.  I thought you had AssBurgers?
DSM 4 redefined assburgers, as a form of emotional or high functioning autism.

And you my friend clearly are.

And the more you make threads that are both well thought out, and completely ignorant of human behavior the more this shows true.

MikMaq

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 05:59:49 PM »
I see no issue whatsoever with manipulating personal desires in any way in order to steer them in a certain direction.  Its what I do best and I do it extremely well.
Even if it leads to an obesity epidemic?

Seriously maybe your just a sociopath who knows.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »
DSM 4 redefined assburgers, as a form of emotional or high functioning autism.

And you my friend clearly are.

And the more you make threads that are both well thought out, and completely ignorant of human behavior the more this shows true.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to accommodate for your consistent failures, RAtard.