Author Topic: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?  (Read 9619 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
things with high volume and low caolorie.  vegetables mainly.  but the lower calorie, the lower calorie.  a whole wheat pasta will result in less calories eaten than a cheese and pepperoni pizza.  know why?  doesnt taste as good, has less calories per oz of weight, and it gives your stomach the feeling of being physically full.
I don`t think you can compare one food ingredient or item to a whole meal or even meal to meal for that matter.  Thats another thing, the food (or ingredient comparisons to foods made with many ingredients) comparisons have zero legitimate coherency whatsoever are not viable.  

Why not compare a 4 ounces of Turmeric to a Steak Dinner?  Or 5 ounces of Cinnamon to an Egg Salad Sandwich or whatever ridiculous false equivalency you want to make.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
TA is playing Chess while everyone else in this thread is playing checkers.

It must be a cold day in hell.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »
sure, make the comparisons anything you want.

doesnt matter.

more volume + less calories = lower calories consumed (almost always)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »
sure, make the comparisons anything you want.

doesnt matter.

more volume + less calories = lower calories consumed (almost always)

And you need a law to define that?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »
As long as people keep up their food bitching, ignorance and phobia, prices will go up for less product.  Can`t even get a King Size Fry from Burger King anymore.

Liberal Logic- Pay more for less product and everybody wins somehow!    :-\   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
Corporations have no problem whatsoever charging you more money for less and less calories and product.  For instance, Ice Cream containers are getting smaller and smaller, yet the cost is going up and they are adding less and less cream (calories and what makes Ice Cream, Ice Cream).  In effect, you are just paying for more water and air as the overrun is increased.  Have fun paying for nothing.  Same thing with every other "food demon".  When you align yourself with this stupid Liberal nonsense, you are only doing the bidding of the corporations.  Keep it up.  Selling you less for more is not a bad business model at all and you will certainly get what you ask for.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
no, liberal logic = ends justify means, restricting food choices can reduce obesity, reduced obesity is good for the country and helps fund healthcare, therefore the end (better country) justifys the means (restricting food choices)

now, maybe there are better means to that end. like teaching moderation

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »
Corporations have no problem whatsoever charging you more money for less and less calories and product.  For instance, Ice Cream containers are getting smaller and smaller, yet the cost is going up and they are adding less and less cream (calories and what makes Ice Cream, Ice Cream).  In effect, you are just paying for more water and air as the overrun is increased.  Have fun paying for nothing.  Same thing with every other "food demon".  When you align yourself with this stupid Liberal nonsense, you are only doing the bidding of the corporations.  Keep it up.  Selling you less for more is not a bad business model at all and you will certainly get what you ask for.
or maybe you like the taste of low calorie ice cream and also enjoy getting to eat a larger volume of ice cream while still consuming the same amount of calories.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
no, liberal logic = ends justify means, restricting food choices can reduce obesity, reduced obesity is good for the country and helps fund healthcare, therefore the end (better country) justifys the means (restricting food choices)

now, maybe there are better means to that end. like teaching moderation
Ends Don`t justify the means.  What are you going to do, rip every product off the Supermarket Isle, ban it or tax it to high heaven?   Not reducing Obesity is not a bad thing in my opinion.  These people will die sooner, which will save the healthcare industry in the long run.  The majority of healthcare costs occur once a person is 65 and older.  These fat asses won`t make it that long and if they do, they won`t make it much longer than that.  

Furthermore, in case you haven`t realized by now, Obamacare is not a government run system and is strictly run by the Private Sector.  More so than ever now with the upcoming Fascist Mandate which requires purchase of a product from the private marketplace.  Obamacare will only suffice to grow the impaired system we currently have and grow it will.  The Private Health Industry racket will become an impenetrable Too Big to Fail entity and will be just another example of accepted excessive bloated Fascism in due time.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
or maybe you like the taste of low calorie ice cream and also enjoy getting to eat a larger volume of ice cream while still consuming the same amount of calories.
I don`t.  I make mine with Heavy Cream and Egg Yolks and like eating things with actual taste.  If I wanted to eat Ice Cubes instead of Ice Cream, I would eat Ice Cubes.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
I thought TA was a liberal?  Maybe not, maybe just a democrat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
I don`t belong to any party and I also don`t think today`s Democratic Party even deserves the word liberal.  In fact, they have polluted it.

steamboatwillie

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2013, 08:11:41 PM »
How about we quit being so "accepting" and start making fun of and bullying these lard asses again like they did in the good ole days?  Quit giving them excuses and encouragement and start making fat jokes and kicking their chair out from under them. 

I swear if I hear my wife say she's fat because her mom and sister are or she had to eat a while box of Valentine's cakes because she's on her period or whatever else I'm gonna kick her ass.

People are fat because they don't have self respect...why should we mess with Coke or McDonald's business because they cater to losers?

MikMaq

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »
It's called be a self serving (insert TA's profile here).

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »
Tbombz got it right when he said liberals support public healthcare therefore want everyone who chooses to buy calorie-dense foods to suffer by paying higher taxes on them. In turn, they think it will deter them from these choices. Tobacco is taxed very high here in Florida, yet people still smoke.

I think it should be more education about moderation and exercise if anything should be done. I eat my fair share of fast food yet stay in decent shape. It's more of a personal responsibility issue to me. I could careless if the businesses profit off the constant poor choices of Americans.

onetoughrepublican

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
libtards are so dum.

glad to see true adonis is finaly becomeing a republican.

smart kid

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »
We should have a national method of lowering energy prices too! Over inflate your tires Saturdays. Turn of your lights early Friday. Walk to work Mondays. Team Personal Responsibility FTW!

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
???

You are a moron.  How come I never wanted to smoke cigarettes despite being bombarded with tons of ads as a kid and all my friends smoked?

total obliteration from a true patriot of liberty.

I'm worried about the intellectual degeneration that seem to be taking over...
®

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
I`ve never understand their logic (lack thereof) on this issue.  They point the fingers at Fast Food and Soda which are completely harmless to eat and drink.  How come nobody realizes that all you need to do is eat 2000 calories or so a day?  (that little piece of advice also eludes people of ALL political persuasions-many on Getbig even)

Spot on as usual Adonis!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »
Ban advertising for such products.

Advertising by definition is made to manipulate the viewer. If a company puts millions of dollars on the line to manipulate people into unhealthy life choices how can they act innocent.

I'm all for freedom of choice, but allowing coke ads free reign is just the opposite.

But anyways continues this childish diatribe, and be sure to stick your "values" and ignore virtually everything we know about human behavior.  ::)

Holy fuck, your ignorance blows me away.  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »
TA is playing Chess while everyone else in this thread is playing checkers.

It must be a cold day in hell.

;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »
We should have a national method of lowering energy prices too! Over inflate your tires Saturdays. Turn of your lights early Friday. Walk to work Mondays. Team Personal Responsibility FTW!
Yes!  Somehow we would have to fit that all in between Carb-Up Tuesdays and Organic Only Thursday.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
If there were no fat people then we would only have handicapped people and black people to mock and laugh at

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
psychology has proven that advertisment works, its a very well researched matter.

the companies dont throw around millions at random.

ppl dont know and dont care what 2000calories are,adonis.

You're absolutely right, advertising is extremely powerful.

Ultimately,  the choice is still up to the consumer.   If you do let yourself be manipulated,  you deserve what you get.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
what i want to know true anus, i meant adonis why are you still believing in a left and right paradigm that is used to fool americans of believing in the system of democrats and republicans, you think your probly 31 now, i mean are you going to be a sheep all your life, wiggs can back this up.