Author Topic: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?  (Read 9614 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Why do "Liberals" want to do something as a nation to "fight" Obesity?
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »
You're absolutely right, advertising is extremely powerful.

Ultimately,  the choice is still up to the consumer.   If you do let yourself be manipulated,  you deserve what you get.

Yes yes yes! 
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
Because this is what Liberals do and what they enjoy, telling everyone what to do. And because it's their issue and their idea, the whole nation has to be part of it.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2013, 01:40:38 PM »
???

You are a moron.  How come I never wanted to smoke cigarettes despite being bombarded with tons of ads as a kid and all my friends smoked?

x10

Here is something to consider.  How many MILLIONS are spent on advertising exercise equipment, DVD's, systems, etc.?  How many different diets are advertised?  Yet, our obesity levels continue to rise.  Now people are concerned about how much coke puts into advertising?  Society is becoming dumber and dumber by the second.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »
its all propaganda and brainwashing, all those as seen on tv, and anything seen on tv are gimmicks that really dont work, how long before many of you wake up and realize TV is MK Ultra cia brainwashing.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »
Ends Don`t justify the means.  What are you going to do, rip every product off the Supermarket Isle, ban it or tax it to high heaven?   Not reducing Obesity is not a bad thing in my opinion.  These people will die sooner, which will save the healthcare industry in the long run.  The majority of healthcare costs occur once a person is 65 and older.  These fat asses won`t make it that long and if they do, they won`t make it much longer than that.  

Furthermore, in case you haven`t realized by now, Obamacare is not a government run system and is strictly run by the Private Sector.  More so than ever now with the upcoming Fascist Mandate which requires purchase of a product from the private marketplace.  Obamacare will only suffice to grow the impaired system we currently have and grow it will.  The Private Health Industry racket will become an impenetrable Too Big to Fail entity and will be just another example of accepted excessive bloated Fascism in due time.  
i am an anarchist, your preaching to the choir. but you already knew that, you were just trying to change the subject because i crushed you real argument. lol

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
i am an anarchist, your preaching to the choir. but you already knew that, you were just trying to change the subject because i crushed you real argument. lol

I really don't see how you did. 
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
I really don't see how you did. 
he said that banning high calorie foods wouldnt decrease obesity. and it obviously would.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:14 PM »
he said that banning high calorie foods wouldnt decrease obesity. and it obviously would.

How are you defining a high calorie food?  Any food is low calorie if the serving size is small enough.
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
How are you defining a high calorie food?  Any food is low calorie if the serving size is small enough.
calorie - to - volume ratio.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
calorie - to - volume ratio.

Anything that is low calorie and high in volume is mostly water.  If you can drink a gallon of water a day, you will have absolutely no problem eating a lot of low calorie foods with high water content.  Besides, the water satiation effect is VERY temporal and it won`t be long before you are hungry again. 

MikMaq

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
yeah, but a chinese meal or mcdonalds will make you feel like eating again very soon too.
Your referencing human behavior, that is not allowed in an adonis argument.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2013, 06:30:52 PM »
yeah, but a chinese meal or mcdonalds will make you feel like eating again very soon too.
Disagree.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
Disagree.
I actually feel hungrier sooner after eating health stuff. When i eat tuna all day i feel like i haven't eaten anything and feel ill. I went to PF Changs the other day and order the chicken lettuce wraps, ahi seared tuna, and cucumber salad and felt full and was hungry 30 minutes later.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
Anything that is low calorie and high in volume is mostly water.  If you can drink a gallon of water a day, you will have absolutely no problem eating a lot of low calorie foods with high water content.  Besides, the water satiation effect is VERY temporal and it won`t be long before you are hungry again. 
try eating 2500 calories from broccoli and come back to me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
try eating 2500 calories from broccoli and come back to me.
Why would anyone want to do that?

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:29 PM »
lol @ this ratard character.

Buddy you're not autistic, you're just a man child who was sheltered his whole life and can't make decesions on his own, which is why you are basically a failure at life.

Eat what ever the fuck you want, like i give a shit if you're fat or ripped, at the end YOU make a decision and you live with that decision, i have enough of my own problems to give a fuck about someone eating a bigmac meal or full cream milk  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
Why would anyone want to do that?
thats not the point.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »
thats not the point.
Of course it is.  If nobody is ever going to do that day in and day out, why bother mentioning it?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »
thats not the point.

You're not going to put safeguards against the massive intestinal strain of digesting 2500 calories of fibrous vegetables?  

Sounds like a great idea...fight obesity related disease and create a pathway for immediate (and agonizing) death.  Better start legislating a way to prevent people from blowing up their colons next...
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:05 PM »
Of course it is.  If nobody is ever going to do that day in and day out, why bother mentioning it?
because if you make it illegal for them to do otherwise, then they really have no choice.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
You're not going to put safeguards against the massive intestinal strain of digesting 2500 calories of fibrous vegetables?  

Sounds like a great idea...fight obesity related disease and create a pathway for immediate (and agonizing) death.  Better start legislating a way to prevent people from blowing up their colons next...
haha.  ;D  you have a good point.. however 1) im not advocating regulations  2) broccoli/fibrous vegetables arent the only low calorie food  3) you dont need to eat 2500 calories of broccoli to feel full 4) 2500 calories of broccoli over the course of an entire day would not cause health problems

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2013, 10:54:02 PM »

Sounds like Tombz has this all figured out in a well thought out plan.  But hey, at least he solved the obesity "epidemic".

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:06 PM »
Sounds like Tombz has this all figured out in a well thought out plan.  But hey, at least he solved the obesity "epidemic".
its a nice gimmick you have. too bad im not actually advocating regulations. im an anarchist, but you know that.  ;)

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
haha.  ;D  you have a good point.. however 1) im not advocating regulations  2) broccoli/fibrous vegetables arent the only low calorie food  3) you dont need to eat 2500 calories of broccoli to feel full 4) 2500 calories of broccoli over the course of an entire day would not cause health problems

You ever eat 250g of fiber over the course of a day?
Y

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »
You ever eat 250g of fiber over the course of a day?
i cant answer with any certainty because when i was eating large amounts of vegetables i wasnt counting calories or grams of fiber... there was a point where i was eating SEVERAL pounds of raw vegetables on a daily basis however.. and when i say several i mean several.. like 10 pounds a day.  cuz i wasnt eating any carbs or fats, and only about 200grams of protein. so i was constantly starving, and i knew that the more raw veggies=the faster the fat loss. so i would gorge on them. lliterally, gorge.   yeah, at times my stomach would growl like a mother fucker, and the gas was absolutely terrible. like, for real, just plain ridiculous.  but, i did lose a bunch of weight. and i got to eat like a pig while doing it.