Author Topic: ego training on barbell press 365 press musclemania mr natural champ Ulysses  (Read 16767 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
I seriously hope no one truly believes that either of these guys is even close to natty.  Hard to believe that Ulysses is under 200 in this video too, especially if he's 6'2.  He makes me look like a fly weight, and I'm almost 200 at 5'11. 

None of them are natural, I knew a few musclemania competitors back in the early 2000's, they are not natural

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Not too many people pro or non pro look as good or better than this.  Oh yeah, he's not 6'2 He's 5'9/5'10.

That's a very good every day physique, easy to maintain , big but not stupidly big, cut but not stupidly cut.....

prizm

• Getbig III

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

possibly exhaling, and wearing the belt makes it bulge
Here he is posing with Hwang, notice how wide Hwang's waist is compared to his

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
possibly exhaling, and wearing the belt makes it bulge
Here he is posing with Hwang, notice how wide Hwang's waist is compared to his

Really good physique
choice is an illusion

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
P.E.D.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I guarantee the top guys in that organization pull more pussy than IFBB top guys.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
I hear they do five reps for strength eight reps for mass twelve reps for cuts.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
remember, it's not how much you lift, but how you look on stage. And many would be hard pressed to look better than Ulysses.
He does not look that good, yes upper body is sick but lower sucks and looks lanky, as for bodybuilding lower body is half of your physique.

LOL at the comment ''that's how champions train" No that is not how champions train, they are taking 100lb of weight off with the hands on spot, easily.

Parker

• Getbig V
He does not look that good, yes upper body is sick but lower sucks and looks lanky, as for bodybuilding lower body is half of your physique.

LOL at the comment ''that's how champions train" No that is not how champions train, they are taking 100lb of weight off with the hands on spot, easily.
He has a very good genetic structure, and his look---it looks athletic and good in clothes.
I think most people would rather look like him than say the top 5 of damn near all mr. Olympias.

Legs are ok, and not overdone. This is the type of physique the layperson would be impressed by. Hardcore bbers, wouldn't be impressed.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
He has a very good genetic structure, and his look---it looks athletic and good in clothes.
I think most people would rather look like him than say the top 5 of damn near all mr. Olympias.

Legs are ok, and not overdone. This is the type of physique the layperson would be impressed by. Hardcore bbers, wouldn't be impressed.
Oh yes I agree, this physique is probably the most wanted physique on the planet, so he looks near perfect, my comments was only in regards to the bodybuilding stage.

Parker

• Getbig V
Oh yes I agree, this physique is probably the most wanted physique on the planet, so he looks near perfect, my comments was only in regards to the bodybuilding stage.
our bbing vs his, is like comparing a fighting bull vs a Belgian Blue...one is "functionally" big and muscular and the other is Stupidly Insane Muscular...
He looks almost like what Phil Heath looked like when just starting out (the pic with Jay).

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
our bbing vs his, is like comparing a fighting bull vs a Belgian Blue...one is "functionally" big and muscular and the other is Stupidly Insane Muscular...
He looks almost like what Phil Heath looked like when just starting out (the pic with Jay).
Ya this dude looks like he can run a marathon no problem.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I would not know.... Im happy with myself so i never wonder what everyone else is doing ... I never speculate on such things because

1. I know how it feels to be accused of taking stuff you have no clue about
2. doesnt matter to me...

what i will say is....this... if one competes then there is a high possibility that that person will do whats necessary to compete...
people always tell me man you should compete .. my answer ... never....
btw the guy with the dreads isnt even 200... just has good genetics and insertion .. he competes at 185... and is 6'2

Here's the thing though Mes, he doesnt have good genetics! if he did he would be responding a hell of allot more to all the anaabolics he's obviously taking. He has good shape no doubt but cant get pro level size or he would already have it. So knowing he would get smoked on a National level, he says "I'm natty"

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I hear what you're saying but i really dont care about his natural  status....
Im just suprised someone at that level ego benches....
thats all.
I get your point, weather the thread derailed or not LoL. Yeah the point of 2-3 completely forced reps with 365 is lost on me. I dont like forced reps at all. I might get a spot if it's really heavy and get help on the last rep but to keep churning out forced reps? There is an older guy at my gym, only cares about how much he lifts. He gets like 6-7 forced reps a set, no joke, and counts them all like he really did them. WTF?

Parker

• Getbig V
Here's the thing though Mes, he doesnt have good genetics! if he did he would be responding a hell of allot more to all the anaabolics he's obviously taking. He has good shape no doubt but cant get pro level size or he would already have it. So knowing he would get smoked on a National level, he says "I'm natty"
He's not trying to be "pro level size"...not everybody want to be that. Plus, he has more name rec and cred than most Pros. He gets more modeling jobs than most Pros.
Most chicks like him at that size, the Schmoes would like him at a bigger size.
If he took the same thing to get "pro size level", with his height of about 5'9 (as was stated), then he'd wreck shop.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

PED + DNA

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
PED for sure. But anyways.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but 99% of the male population rather boast this appearance than top 5 mr o apperance. Just fact.

In fact woman are repulsed by the Mr O top 1000 appearance lol. In other words, the bulky BBer attracts male crowds (and homos) rather than the female species. Plus what the hell is the point of being close to 300lbs? Feels like shit. Need to eat meals enough for a few families, cost of drugs, food, etc... shit...

Plus it's nice to be able to wipe your own behind once in a while. There's this one canadian Bber locally... stories of him not being able to wipe his behind... ya... that is all.

It's just far more aesthetically pleasing, far more to the 'original roots' of the 70s BB era... vs recent history of triumphing godzillas who eventually become deformed..

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
I get your point, weather the thread derailed or not LoL. Yeah the point of 2-3 completely forced reps with 365 is lost on me. I dont like forced reps at all. I might get a spot if it's really heavy and get help on the last rep but to keep churning out forced reps? There is an older guy at my gym, only cares about how much he lifts. He gets like 6-7 forced reps a set, no joke, and counts them all like he really did them. WTF?

Forced reps to me means you press the weight until failure and then the spotter helps to get forced reps
If a person is getting assisted from rep one ... They can't do the weight themselves ... I'd be embarrassed to post a video like that... That's ego training big time not what I'd expect from a "world champ" if you can only get 275 or whatever... then that's what you can get why put in a extra hundred pounds and then get someone to yank it off your chest.... Ego I school guys on this all the time in the gym when they ask for a spit and thonk I'm gonna be rowing the weight of their chest
choice is an illusion

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
PED for sure. But anyways.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but 99% of the male population rather boast this appearance than top 5 mr o apperance. Just fact.

In fact woman are repulsed by the Mr O top 1000 appearance lol. In other words, the bulky BBer attracts male crowds (and homos) rather than the female species. Plus what the hell is the point of being close to 300lbs? Feels like shit. Need to eat meals enough for a few families, cost of drugs, food, etc... shit...

Plus it's nice to be able to wipe your own behind once in a while. There's this one canadian Bber locally... stories of him not being able to wipe his behind... ya... that is all.

It's just far more aesthetically pleasing, far more to the 'original roots' of the 70s BB era... vs recent history of triumphing godzillas who eventually become deformed..
lmao, that's Kovacs you are talking about ''Not being able to wipe his ass"  lol,.. That story started cause he was not physically able to grab his wrist behind his back when doing the side tricep pose, then of course Nasser added to it by saying that it was true cause Nasser stayed at his house. He said the Kovacks would call his wife after every shit but I call BS on the whole thing, but you never know, Kovaks is widest person I have ever seen.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
hahaha i didnt wana say the name but yes i heard the story from a friend who trained at where he trains lol. I know some other gym facts about the dude but i rather not share here lol. He is a monster for sure. 400lbs of all freak.

Oh and check ur pm brah :D

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
Forced reps every workout means you know fuck all about training.

In fact strongman competitors or powerlifters who are thought to train "heavy" don't even approach they max for reps most of the season. If someone, say, can do 400lbs for 5 in squats he would not go over 370lbs most of the off season, using volume to create intensity. It's last 3-4 weeks of every microcycle where you go for 400lbs for 5 and beyond.

Back to the topic, ulysses has a lot of muscle on him, it's just that he doesn't have structure of a big guy. I don't think you can "train" for this kind of physique. You can build muscle and keep low bodyfat, but if you've got wide hips and huge torso you won't get "that" look. Just compare Wheeler to Coleman in 99. Do you really think Coleman had MORE muscle tissue than Wheeler? It's just that he had completely different bone structure. Wheeler would NEVER look impressive in clothes.

Do you think he ever had a choice to train for "aesthetic" physique?

Parker

• Getbig V
Forced reps every workout means you know fuck all about training.

In fact strongman competitors or powerlifters who are thought to train "heavy" don't even approach they max for reps most of the season. If someone, say, can do 400lbs for 5 in squats he would not go over 370lbs most of the off season, using volume to create intensity. It's last 3-4 weeks of every microcycle where you go for 400lbs for 5 and beyond.

Back to the topic, ulysses has a lot of muscle on him, it's just that he doesn't have structure of a big guy. I don't think you can "train" for this kind of physique. You can build muscle and keep low bodyfat, but if you've got wide hips and huge torso you won't get "that" look. Just compare Wheeler to Coleman in 99. Do you really think Coleman had MORE muscle tissue than Wheeler? It's just that he had completely different bone structure. Wheeler would NEVER look impressive in clothes.

Do you think he ever had a choice to train for "aesthetic" physique?
If you have seen pics of Wheeler in clothes, you know that he look damn big, due to his structure and muscle bellies. Flex looked bigger than what he was due to it. And Ronnie looked bigger because he "was". It's a different look. Flex's look was due to the illusion his round muscle bellies gave him. Which is why he could compete at 216-230ish against guys who were 250-280 and win against them.

And Ulisses knows how to train, if you check that second vid of him, he is doing one arms or unilateral  "floor
presses" aka unilateral push ups, off of a fitness type board. This is something I've never seen, but I think the Calesthetics King (on YouTube) does these as well. And he has a pretty good chest development.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Hmmm....use enough gear to look great but not ridiculous amounts where you're forced to sell your ass or risk your health, not look like a complete freak to the general population, have a physique that will appeal to 99% of women, be considered a professional in something you enjoy to do, and after all that be able to tell anyone including your friends and family you did it all natural.....seems like a pretty good scam to me.  SIGN ME UP!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Hmmm....use enough gear to look great but not ridiculous amounts where you're forced to sell your ass or risk your health, not look like a complete freak to the general population, have a physique that will appeal to 99% of women, be considered a professional in something you enjoy to do, and after all that be able to tell anyone including your friends and family you did it all natural.....seems like a pretty good scam to me.  SIGN ME UP!!!

lol...