Author Topic: McCain leads GOP senators for AMNESTY  (Read 1756 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
McCain leads GOP senators for AMNESTY
« on: January 28, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
A bipartisan group of senators formally unveiled an immigration reform framework that they hope the Senate could pass "in overwhelming and bipartisan fashion" by late spring or early summer.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday on Capitol Hill, five of the eight members of a bipartisan working group announced the contours of their agreement, which would shore up America's borders and provide an eventual path to citizenship for undocumented workers.

A bipartisan group of senators, led by Democrat Chuck Schumer and Republican John McCain, have reached agreement on a framework to overhaul the nation's immigration system.

"We still have a long way to go, but this bipartisan grouping is a major breakthrough," New York Sen. Charles Schumer, a Democratic member of the group of eight, said Monday afternoon.

Schumer, the No. 3 Democrat in the Senate, set an ambitious goal of translating the statement of principles released Sunday evening by the senators into legislation by March. He said the Senate would try to approve the legislation for consideration in the House by the end of spring, or early summer.

The major development involves the pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers that would be established under the Senate plan. Conservatives have resisted similar proposals -- even when they were proposed by President George W. Bush -- and labeled them as "amnesty" for individuals who entered the United States illegally.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said that Americans "have been too content for too long" to allow many undocumented workers to provide basic services "while not affording them any of the benefits that make our country so great."

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: McCain leads GOP senators for AMNESTY
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
I think you mean "McRino".

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »
A bipartisan group of senators formally unveiled an immigration reform framework that they hope the Senate could pass "in overwhelming and bipartisan fashion" by late spring or early summer.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday on Capitol Hill, five of the eight members of a bipartisan working group announced the contours of their agreement, which would shore up America's borders and provide an eventual path to citizenship for undocumented workers.

A bipartisan group of senators, led by Democrat Chuck Schumer and Republican John McCain, have reached agreement on a framework to overhaul the nation's immigration system.

"We still have a long way to go, but this bipartisan grouping is a major breakthrough," New York Sen. Charles Schumer, a Democratic member of the group of eight, said Monday afternoon.

Schumer, the No. 3 Democrat in the Senate, set an ambitious goal of translating the statement of principles released Sunday evening by the senators into legislation by March. He said the Senate would try to approve the legislation for consideration in the House by the end of spring, or early summer.

The major development involves the pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers that would be established under the Senate plan. Conservatives have resisted similar proposals -- even when they were proposed by President George W. Bush -- and labeled them as "amnesty" for individuals who entered the United States illegally.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said that Americans "have been too content for too long" to allow many undocumented workers to provide basic services "while not affording them any of the benefits that make our country so great."

When AZ took action, you complained.

What's your solution.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »

When AZ took action, you complained.

What's your solution.

I didn't like any legislation that forced legal americans to EVER be detained illegally while they were forced to produce "papers".

If it could happen ONCE then obama could use it to jail millions under the same power.  Not cool.

The solution is to monitor the border.  Maybe we don't need 50,000 troops in South Korea for 60 years.  Maybe we bring home HALF of them.

I have a feeling 25,000 US Soldiers could close up most of that border in 6 months. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:49:40 PM »
agree with 240.  I'm not for the "papers please" solution either.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
I didn't like any legislation that forced legal americans to EVER be detained illegally while they were forced to produce "papers".

If it could happen ONCE then obama could use it to jail millions under the same power.  Not cool.

The solution is to monitor the border.  Maybe we don't need 50,000 troops in South Korea for 60 years.  Maybe we bring home HALF of them.

I have a feeling 25,000 US Soldiers could close up most of that border in 6 months. 

You're talking about a policing action so I don't think we can use those types of troops.

So for you...it's all about manpower?

And the influx of immigrants necessary for our economy to grow?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
Of course he does.  It's all about location, location, location.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »

You're talking about a policing action so I don't think we can use those types of troops.

So for you...it's all about manpower?

And the influx of immigrants necessary for our economy to grow?

No, I'm talking about protecting vast stretches of land.

As far as the road crossings, they could beef that up too, of course.

But I"m talking about hundreds of miles of wide open, unprotected space.

And I am not buying "the influx of immigrants necessary for our economy to grow"...

UE rate is 8% or 14%, and we need more illegals coming over border?  Nahhhh

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 12:12:40 AM »
UE rate is 8% or 14%, and we need more illegals coming over border?  Nahhhh
But you were an advocate of illegal workers in America before.   I guess you've changed your mind on that?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 12:21:59 AM »
But you were an advocate of illegal workers in America before.   I guess you've changed your mind on that?

i learned on getbig that the BLS is lying about the UE rate.   

Therefore at 14% "real" UE, we don't need these illegal workers.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:45 AM »
i learned on getbig that the BLS is lying about the UE rate.   

Therefore at 14% "real" UE, we don't need these illegal workers.

sarcasm wasn't part of your original opinion on immigrant labor...

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
JMcC knows where his next set of votes will be coming from.
gotta get them on his side.
w