Author Topic: Just wanted you all to know that we've never been to the moon...  (Read 20270 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Just wanted you all to know...
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »
Only one person can solve this mystery...
Stanley Kubrick.
But "his" dead, so we have to resort to Jacob Nicholson which I assume to know much more than his unwilling to say.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »

NASA planned the course of the missions to speed through the thinnest part of the Van Allen radiation belts to minimize their exposure. Still, the time the astronauts spent in the belts accounted for a large amount of the radiation dose that they received.

The reason why radiation outside the belts is a concern for future space travel, is because we are looking at much longer missions (e.g. to Mars) which will significantly increase the exposure time of the astronauts.

Still, what about the radiation they received once they were outside the Belts? Its not that they only spent a few seconds in space. What about the time they spent walking in the moon's surface with no atmosphere or anything to protect them? I read a NASA article that explained the only 2 ways the astronauts could protect themselves against radiation is with a thick wall of concrete (like nuclear reactors) or heavy lead armour.
They didn't have any of that back then.

Temperatures in space, in general, are extreme... do you think that the suits used by astronauts servicing the Hubble or spacewalking outside the ISS have to contend with an envornment that is any less hostile?

Of course.

What makes you think they didn't? And what makes you think they should?

Pictures from the landings show no marks whatsoever. How do you think the modules landed? Do you think they just floated into place?

No. The retroreflectors were installed with a precision that a robotic module of the day (if one had existed) could not have possibly achieved. Look at the accuracy of installation of the Russian retroreflectors, and compare them to the accuracy of the Apollo retroreflectors.

What does that have to do with the presence of retroreflectors?

How do you know the retroreflectors were installed with such precision?
Maybe there arent any retroreflectos at all?

How is that a compelling question? It's like asking why a kid that was taller than his friend at age 8 ended up shorter at age 18... The facts are that the United States devoted massive amounts of money and resources to get to the moon and the USSR didn't. As to why they didn't? Who knows - there are plenty of possible reasons, but the most likely one seems to be that they didn't want to devote the resources required.

It's not like that at all, your example shows no relation. There are indeed many possible explanations, but it doesn't make sense that Russia was so far ahead everyone else in the space race, and up to the so called moon landings they were the first to do everything, first living creature to space, first man to space, first man to orbit earth ,etc..but then the USA somehow made it to the moon and Russia never did. Doesn't make sense at all.

Oh... well... that changes everything. If you've seen pictures of the "so called" lunar modules and they look flimsy to you, then that really settles it... the moon landings were faked. Forget about all the independent evidence and ignore all the explanations that serious scientists have produced to explain away the theories of quacks. The lundar modules look flimsy... that does it. ::)

In all seriousness, what the fuck is wrong with you people? Did you drop a barbell on your head or are you just naturally stupid?

Who is saying that "settles it"? Do you always reduce yourself to ridicule and insults?

What independent evidence, since most of it is gone missing?

So everyone that opposes the moon landings is a "quack" and everyone that agrees is a "serious scientist"? What about the scientists that oppose the idea?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2013, 01:46:17 PM »
Well at least they didn't spend 2 billion dollars to go to the moon.  ::)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »
Still, what about the radiation they received once they were outside the Belts? Its not that they only spent a few seconds in space. What about the time they spent walking in the moon's surface with no atmosphere or anything to protect them? I read a NASA article that explained the only 2 ways the astronauts could protect themselves against radiation is with a thick wall of concrete (like nuclear reactors) or heavy lead armour.
They didn't have any of that back then.

The astronauts received a big dose of radiation - over 25% of the allowed yearly dose for those working in radioactive environments and/or around radiation. They were afforded some protection, but it was minimal.

Pictures from the landings show no marks whatsoever. How do you think the modules landed? Do you think they just floated into place?

Actually, that's almost exactly what happened. By the time the lunar modules touched down on the surface of the moon, their speed was practically zero and the engines were throttled down to almost zero thrust.

How do you know the retroreflectors were installed with such precision?
Maybe there arent any retroreflectos at all?

It is trivial to verify by shining a laser light at the appropriate location on the moon.

It's not like that at all, your example shows no relation. There are indeed many possible explanations, but it doesn't make sense that Russia was so far ahead everyone else in the space race, and up to the so called moon landings they were the first to do everything, first living creature to space, first man to space, first man to orbit earth ,etc..but then the USA somehow made it to the moon and Russia never did. Doesn't make sense at all.

Just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

What independent evidence, since most of it is gone missing?

Recordings of the transmissions from space were received. Observatories from around the world observed the space capsules. Live video of the capsule descending, scorched from the heat caused by the air compression during re-entry, carrying the astronauts.

So everyone that opposes the moon landings is a "quack" and everyone that agrees is a "serious scientist"? What about the scientists that oppose the idea?

Everyone who repeats the same thoroughly debunked nonsense and insists that something that happened didn't without providing a single shred of evidence to support his assertions but insists that others must actually prove his assertions wrong is a quack.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2013, 03:18:17 PM »
The astronauts received a big dose of radiation - over 25% of the allowed yearly dose for those working in radioactive environments and/or around radiation. They were afforded some protection, but it was minimal.

So this implies the radiation they received wasn't as deadly as made out to be?  Are you sure it was only 25%? We're talking about radiation from the sun, other stars, supernovas, etc. What about gamma rays? What about the constant meteoroids that "bombard" the moons surface? Unless what I read about them is bunk.....

Actually, that's almost exactly what happened. By the time the lunar modules touched down on the surface of the moon, their speed was practically zero and the engines were throttled down to almost zero thrust.

Are you sure about that? According to NASA the modules weighed 33,000 lbs on earth, which still, taking into consideration the moon's gravitational pull, makes it weigh what 1-3 tons? Not exactly something suited for a soft landing.  

It is trivial to verify by shining a laser light at the appropriate location on the moon.

But according to some sources, people had been beaming off lights from the moon before the moon landings ever happened. How do you know all the alleged lights beamed off the moon after the landings weren't coming from the same source as beforehand?

Just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

True, but the same can be said for the opposite. Just because something makes sense to you (moon landings), doens't mean it makes sense or it's true.  

Recordings of the transmissions from space were received. Observatories from around the world observed the space capsules. Live video of the capsule descending, scorched from the heat caused by the air compression during re-entry, carrying the astronauts.

Oh yes, supposedly plenty of recordings were recevied from space during the missions, videos, voice data, biomedical monitoring data, and telemetry data, etc. but according to NASA all of that is missing. How come all those documents and reels are now missing?

Everyone who repeats the same thoroughly debunked nonsense and insists that something that happened didn't without providing a single shred of evidence to support his assertions but insists that others must actually prove his assertions wrong is a quack.

How about all the photographs taken in space that show no stars in the background at all?
How about pictures taken that show 2 sources of light? (when there should only be the sun's)

I'm genuinly asking these questions, since they seem to make sense to me, in a way that makes the moon landings to have been faked. JUst questioning the official story, still not sure about what actually happened yet.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
So this implies the radiation they received wasn't as deadly as made out to be?  Are you sure it was only 25%? We're talking about radiation from the sun, other stars, supernovas, etc. What about gamma rays? What about the constant meteoroids that "bombard" the moons surface? Unless what I read about them is bunk.....

No. It implies that for the (relatively short) amount of time they spent in space, they received a rather large amount of radiation - a full 25% of the dose that is allowed for an entire year for people working with radiation. You comment about the radiation they received not being "as deadly as made out to be" frankly demonstrates that you know very little about radiation and the effects it has on living organisms in general and the human body in particular.

I don't know what you read, or where you read it. If you look back at your posts in this thread, you keep saying "I read this" or "I read that" never once citing your sources for the information.

Are you sure about that? According to NASA the modules weighed 33,000 lbs on earth, which still, taking into consideration the moon's gravitational pull, makes it weigh what 1-3 tons? Not exactly something suited for a soft landing.  

Yes, I am quite sure. The weight (or more accurately, the mass) of the module itself isn't relevant. To see why it isn't, consider a large object that weighs three tons. You suspend it from a balloon that has sufficient lifting capacity to keep the object afloat. Then you slightly reduce the lifting capacity of the balloon. The object, despite it's massive weight, will float down slowly, like feather. Isn't physics fun?

The combined descent and ascent stage was descending at an extremely slow speed. And as the module descended, its mass would continue to get reduced, as fuel was burned off, allowing the engine to be throttled back, as a small amount of thrust was sufficient to maintain the speed of descent within the mission parameters.

But according to some sources, people had been beaming off lights from the moon before the moon landings ever happened. How do you know all the alleged lights beamed off the moon after the landings weren't coming from the same source as beforehand?

What sources are those? Can you cite them? A number of independent observatories have verified the presence of the retroreflectors over many years. They are still functional today. Pictures from LRO clearly show the retroreflectors.

True, but the same can be said for the opposite. Just because something makes sense to you (moon landings), doens't mean it makes sense or it's true.

The difference is that I let science and reality be the arbiter.

Oh yes, supposedly plenty of recordings were recevied from space during the missions, videos, voice data, biomedical monitoring data, and telemetry data, etc. but according to NASA all of that is missing. How come all those documents and reels are now missing?

Independent recordings of the transmissions exist. Independent sightings of the spacecraft are documented. But let's assume, for the sake of argument, that what you say is true, and NASA claims all their own documents have gone missing. Don't you think that's a silly position for NASA to take? In this day and age, why wouldn't they digitally create whatever they needed and release it?

How about all the photographs taken in space that show no stars in the background at all?

The landings took place during daytime (lunar daytime). Do you really need me to explain why stars, which are much less bright than the sun, aren't visible during the daytime? Or do you naively believe that the stars turn on during the night and off during the day?

How about pictures taken that show 2 sources of light? (when there should only be the sun's)

Do you know why the moon appears bright at night? It may come as a surprise to you, but it's not because it's got a big lightbulb inside. It's because it's reflecting the light of the sun. Similarly, the earth would reflect the light of the sun onto the moon, generating a very bright, secondary light source.

I'm genuinly asking these questions, since they seem to make sense to me, in a way that makes the moon landings to have been faked. JUst questioning the official story, still not sure about what actually happened yet.

I would suggest that rather than asking your questions on a bodybuilding forum, you actually spend some time researching this issue more deeply and looking at what has already been said to debunk the "moon landings were a hoax" theories. All these questions you pose have been asked before and they have been answered thoroughly. That you would ask them suggests that you haven't spent any time looking into the issue.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2013, 04:28:09 PM »
going to the moon is basically like the dramatic sandy hook situation

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
No. It implies that for the (relatively short) amount of time they spent in space, they received a rather large amount of radiation - a full 25% of the dose that is allowed for an entire year for people working with radiation. You comment about the radiation they received not being "as deadly as made out to be" frankly demonstrates that you know very little about radiation and the effects it has on living organisms in general and the human body in particular.

I don't know what you read, or where you read it. If you look back at your posts in this thread, you keep saying "I read this" or "I read that" never once citing your sources for the information.

Yes, I am quite sure. The weight (or more accurately, the mass) of the module itself isn't relevant. To see why it isn't, consider a large object that weighs three tons. You suspend it from a balloon that has sufficient lifting capacity to keep the object afloat. Then you slightly reduce the lifting capacity of the balloon. The object, despite it's massive weight, will float down slowly, like feather. Isn't physics fun?

The combined descent and ascent stage was descending at an extremely slow speed. And as the module descended, its mass would continue to get reduced, as fuel was burned off, allowing the engine to be throttled back, as a small amount of thrust was sufficient to maintain the speed of descent within the mission parameters.

What sources are those? Can you cite them? A number of independent observatories have verified the presence of the retroreflectors over many years. They are still functional today. Pictures from LRO clearly show the retroreflectors.

Independent recordings of the transmissions exist. Independent sightings of the spacecraft are documented. But let's assume, for the sake of argument, that what you say is true, and NASA claims all their own documents have gone missing. Don't you think that's a silly position for NASA to take? In this day and age, why wouldn't they digitally create whatever they needed and release it?

The landings took place during daytime (lunar daytime). Do you really need me to explain why stars, which are much less bright than the sun, aren't visible during the daytime? Or do you naively believe that the stars turn on during the night and off during the day?

Do you know why the moon appears bright at night? It may come as a surprise to you, but it's not because it's got a big lightbulb inside. It's because it's reflecting the light of the sun. Similarly, the earth would reflect the light of the sun onto the moon, generating a very bright, secondary light source.

I would suggest that rather than asking your questions on a bodybuilding forum, you actually spend some time researching this issue more deeply and looking at what has already been said to debunk the "moon landings were a hoax" theories. All these questions you pose have been asked before and they have been answered thoroughly. That you would ask them suggests that you haven't spent any time looking into the issue.

Axvo completely destroying the two idiots....with ease

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
buzz alden or neil armstrong one of those guys even said usa never went to moon

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »
Earth-bound moron. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »

That seals it for me..."one of those guys" said it. How can you possibly dispute that  ::)

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
           neil armstrong never gave interviews about the landing on the moon, on 25th anniversiary of landing armstrong said, compared astronauts to parrots, and parrots dont fly well, they repeat what they are told.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
neil armstrongs last interview    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/aug/25/neil-armstrong-last-interview

And where, exactly, does Neil Armstrong say that the U.S. never went to the moon in that interview? It closes with a quote from him, saying "People love conspiracy theories. I mean, they are very attractive. But it was never a concern to me because I know one day, somebody is going to go fly back up there and pick up that camera I left." It sounds to me like he's stating, unequivocally, that we did go there.

What's up with the trolls lately? Sheesh!

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
thanks, now fuck off

he's right ..
now fuck off

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »
   buzz aldrin admits, tv camera recording all we were doing

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd1Mj3Kx1R4   buzz aldrin admits, tv camera recording all we were doing

He admits what? That they didn't want to trip on the wire? There was a wire on the moon you dumbass. There was a TV camera recording you dumbass. ON THE MOON!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
He admits what? That they didn't want to trip on the wire? There was a wire on the moon you dumbass. There was a TV camera recording you dumbass. ON THE MOON!

THese conspiracy retards quite simply hear what they want to hear, what the person is actually saying is irrelevant.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2013, 07:35:14 PM »
This thread is becoming potato.

a sweet potato

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »

Just curious... what did you go to school for?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »
The Shining Code talks about all the Codes that Stanley Kubrick put in the film to tell a story within a story. The real story was that Kubrick himself helped fake the Apollo 11 moon landings. Some of the so called codes in the Shining Code seem silly. However, Kubrick was meticulous about EVERYTHING he put in a movie. Down to how many pencils had to be on a desk etc.

Thanks, I might check it out.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »
Nice troll, Wiggs.

Lots of lessons to be learned here.
The answer is "yes".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
We've never been to the moon...

Have fun and
Good evening

Obama never became "President".....so there!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2013, 05:28:52 AM »
a sweet potato

Full blown sweet potato.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2013, 06:58:37 AM »

I will admit that I know little about radiation, just done some superficial reading on the subject, which is why I was asking the questions. I didn't think it was necessary citing my sources, but over the years I've done some reading on different websites regarding the subject of the moon landings, quite recently the articles from the link posted before.

You say they spent a relatively short amount of time in space. Do you know the distance from earth to the moon? How fast did the modules travel?
If the radiation they received wasn't such a big deal, why is NASA still trying to come up with ways today to protect astronauts from it during future possible trips to the moon and mars?

Still, a small amount of thrust from the rocket should've displaced some amount of dust on the moon's surface or at least left a mark, but nothing is shown on the pictures.

According to the article I read, a 1966 National Geographic edition supposedly contained information about MIT scientists achieving the same thing. It also mentions the New York Times stating that the Russians had been doing the same thing since 1963.

Reality according to whom?

Where are all of these independent recordings? I got this quote from the article:

As Reuters reported on August 15, 2006, “The U.S. government has misplaced the original recording of the first moon landing, including astronaut Neil Armstrong’s famous ‘one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind’ … Armstrong’s famous moonwalk, seen by millions of viewers on July 20, 1969, is among transmissions that NASA has failed to turn up in a year of searching, spokesman Grey Hautaluoma said. ‘We haven’t seen them for quite a while. We’ve been looking for over a year, and they haven’t turned up,’ Hautaluoma said … In all, some 700 boxes of transmissions from the Apollo lunar missions are missing.”

Understood, I overlooked this little detail of the landings taking place during the daytime.

Of course I know how the moon reflects light from the sun to lighten the sky at nighttime. Are you saying the earth would in fact reflect the same light from the sun onto the moon? We're taking of different surfaces here.
Also, wouldn't the light reflected from earth be somewhat 'overshadowed' by the sun's light, as it is way brighter?

I'll try to keep researching the issue as, at least to me, it is very interesting.