Author Topic: Friendly advice to you all  (Read 909 times)

DKlent

• Getbig III
Friendly advice to you all
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:40:36 PM »
The intelligent people who frequent this board have realized a long time ago that no real substantial academical or intellectual discussions of politics occur here. The only things that occur here are low-brow uninformed uneducated opinion mongering based on internet blogs written by someone else. In several years of reading this board, including the politics board, I have seen less than a dozen threads that had truly intellectual and high-level discussions of political issues out of tens of thousands over the past decade. Anyone who argues politics (or religion) on a bodybuilding board can be compared to someone who wants to argue over crayons with children.

I learned this and hopefully the more intelligent among you will also realize this. Few people here are smart enough to comprehend political issues beyond the common talking point level. If you want to argue politics, then attend political meetings at universities and talk with professors or legitimate politicians. You won't find any real substantial academic political discussions on this bodybuilding board, or any bodybuilding board. I have spent a lot of time with professors and politicians and I've taken many graduate level political science classes and I have also been a lurker on this board for several years, and I can guarantee that the posts on this board don't even come close to anything academic or intellectual. 80% of the posts here are uninformed or downright incorrect factually and represent a massive misunderstanding and ignorance of basic political science or modern political theory (and often basic common sense).

Here is a test for anyone who wonders if they are politically savvy: Scroll through a few pages of this forum and read a few of the threads. If you find any of the threads or any of the posts to be "politically academic" or "intellectual" then your standards are so low that you need to admit to yourself that you don't really know much about politics or political science.

My advice to you: Spend 75% less time on this message board and instead spend that time in the Gym, Reading a good book, Spending time with your family, getting another college degree, starting a company, jogging, writing something useful, volunteering, playing with your pet....etc. 

No doubt I'll get a ton of negative or "witty" responses, but I probably won't even read them for a week or two because I'll be living my life.

;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Friendly advice to you all
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:58:19 PM »
lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
The intelligent people who frequent this board have realized a long time ago that no real substantial academical or intellectual discussions of politics occur here. The only things that occur here are low-brow uninformed uneducated opinion mongering based on internet blogs written by someone else. In several years of reading this board, including the politics board, I have seen less than a dozen threads that had truly intellectual and high-level discussions of political issues out of tens of thousands over the past decade. Anyone who argues politics (or religion) on a bodybuilding board can be compared to someone who wants to argue over crayons with children.

I learned this and hopefully the more intelligent among you will also realize this. Few people here are smart enough to comprehend political issues beyond the common talking point level. If you want to argue politics, then attend political meetings at universities and talk with professors or legitimate politicians. You won't find any real substantial academic political discussions on this bodybuilding board, or any bodybuilding board. I have spent a lot of time with professors and politicians and I've taken many graduate level political science classes and I have also been a lurker on this board for several years, and I can guarantee that the posts on this board don't even come close to anything academic or intellectual. 80% of the posts here are uninformed or downright incorrect factually and represent a massive misunderstanding and ignorance of basic political science or modern political theory (and often basic common sense).

Here is a test for anyone who wonders if they are politically savvy: Scroll through a few pages of this forum and read a few of the threads. If you find any of the threads or any of the posts to be "politically academic" or "intellectual" then your standards are so low that you need to admit to yourself that you don't really know much about politics or political science.

My advice to you: Spend 75% less time on this message board and instead spend that time in the Gym, Reading a good book, Spending time with your family, getting another college degree, starting a company, jogging, writing something useful, volunteering, playing with your pet....etc. 

No doubt I'll get a ton of negative or "witty" responses, but I probably won't even read them for a week or two because I'll be living my life.

;)

::)

Tightskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:39:08 PM »
thanks for the advices Dicklint