Author Topic: SEA SALT - is it dangerous to eat above 20 grams of it a day  (Read 4520 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
SEA SALT - is it dangerous to eat above 20 grams of it a day
« on: January 29, 2013, 04:56:29 AM »
I never mesaured how much salt i eat with a food and then i saw by scale that i eat above 20-30 grams a day (i do cardio 10 km running every day) so i think i lose some electrolytes

is it dangerous to eat that amount?
i prepare my pasta and chicken with sause and then i put a lot of salt in it,but i read that can affect blood pressure in a bad way?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: SEA SALT - is it dangerous to eat above 20 grams of it a day
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:58:23 AM »
I have never thought about using it for home cooking, but wow, that stuff is good.

i get it on fries at Wendys from time to time.  I think i'll pick some up and start using around the house.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 05:05:51 AM »

But how much bathing salts ?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »
e-mail jay and phil, since they put that shit on all their foods.  it would be funny, if they screwed up on a live video with bath salt instead. i'd pay to see that.   

atombombbis

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »
e-mail jay and phil, since they put that shit on all their foods.  it would be funny, if they screwed up on a live video with bath salt instead. i'd pay to see that.   

you dont eat bath salts....Im pretty sure you either snort or inject them.

There was an intervention where a girl was addicted to them and stayed up for 8 days at a time on them

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
I never mesaured how much salt i eat with a food and then i saw by scale that i eat above 20-30 grams a day (i do cardio 10 km running every day) so i think i lose some electrolytes

i prepare my pasta and chicken with sause and then i put a lot of salt in it,but i read that can affect blood pressure in a bad way?

Depends on your sensitivity to sodium...sodium chloride is sodium chloride...it doesn't matter if it has some trace minerals from the ocean in it or not.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »

yes and high blood pressure gives you a soft off rather than a hard on , there is enough salt in food without adding any more.
c

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
yes and high blood pressure gives you a soft off rather than a hard on , there is enough salt in food without adding any more.
can a higher blood pressure from high sodium intake cause dizzines?cause i had dizzines for 10 days but i dont know igf it was from high sodium,i ate like 50 grams a day not noticing it!pasta chicken sauce all seasoned with sea salt!and doing 10 km runs a day for cardio

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »
can a higher blood pressure from high sodium intake cause dizzines?cause i had dizzines for 10 days but i dont know igf it was from high sodium,i ate like 50 grams a day not noticing it!pasta chicken sauce all seasoned with sea salt!and doing 10 km runs a day for cardio

Yes it can cause dizziness and blurred vision. Many times, high blood sugar can cause this. As well as low blood sugar.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »

Cutler using any kind of sodium on his foods is retarded. His kidneys are already taxed and he will be looking like Palumbo in a couple years.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »

high salt consumption is a major contribution to high blood pressure. Dizziness can come from both high and low blood pressure though low blood pressure is significantly less common than hbp
50g of salt (NaCl) a day is more than alot.
c

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »
   too much salt is too much salt

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt is the good stuff.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
you wont get any benefit from 20 grams of salt  ive easily done around 40 grams of sea salt a day when i used to diet and drink alot of salt water during workouts i think 5-10 grams of celtic sea salt is about right as long as your active of course
A

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
I have to add salt to my diet. I eat very clean with little to no processed foods. With my sweat rate, I was getting dizzy from lack of sodium..   when I added salt, the dizziness went away.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »
I have to add salt to my diet. I eat very clean with little to no processed foods. With my sweat rate, I was getting dizzy from lack of sodium..   when I added salt, the dizziness went away.

i remember doing zero salt at one time because i read that time westcocks did sodium depletion for leans

i was eating all grits and no salt, i did look dry and lean but felt like shit
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 03:37:36 PM »
  Sorry Viking   :(

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
Yes it can cause dizziness and blurred vision. Many times, high blood sugar can cause this. As well as low blood sugar.
damn i had for 10 days vertigo and blurred vision i thought from my research that am having  Meniere's Disease-the simptome of this disease is vertigo,dizzines,blurred vision,lost equillibrium
they say it can be from lack of nutrients(i was on diet when this happened,very reduced diet),high sodium diet which i ate,aspartame which i drink from diet sodas for 8 years

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 05:17:43 PM »

That is an absurd amount of added salt.  Is there something wrong with your taste buds?
:

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »
hahaha WITF

20 GRAMS??

you realize the government recommended intake is something like 2.5 grams?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
i remember doing zero salt at one time because i read that time westcocks did sodium depletion for leans

i was eating all grits and no salt, i did look dry and lean but felt like shit
Yes you got to have a certain amount of sodium or you risk heart failure, although I dont know what that minimum is. Maybe I need to investigate.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »
I have normal BP, can I eat as much Salt as I want?  ???

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 06:23:46 AM »

That is an absurd amount of added salt.  Is there something wrong with your taste buds?

i never realized until yesterday when i put the salt on the digital scale and then i saw how much i use it a day and thats maybe 50 grams...
i was little scared maybe is dangerous so i measured and decided to eat 20grams,i make pasta 3 times a day with tomato sauce and put that 20grams in the sauce and in pasta when am cooking

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »
i never realized until yesterday when i put the salt on the digital scale and then i saw how much i use it a day and thats maybe 50 grams...
i was little scared maybe is dangerous so i measured and decided to eat 20grams,i make pasta 3 times a day with tomato sauce and put that 20grams in the sauce and in pasta when am cooking

Salting the water to boil the pasta in is ok.  It's the rest of it that is out of whack.  You might want to try Kosher salt.  The grains are too big for a salt shaker, so you pinch it and let it rain over your food.  Guarantee you'll use a lot less.
:

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »

Salting the water to boil the pasta in is ok.  It's the rest of it that is out of whack.  You might want to try Kosher salt.  The grains are too big for a salt shaker, so you pinch it and let it rain over your food.  Guarantee you'll use a lot less.

I don't add salt to anything Princess there is enough in the foods we eat.