Author Topic: Mother stops 3 Burglars w Pistol  (Read 5110 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Mother stops 3 Burglars w Pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/28/Mother-Stops-Three-Burglars-With-Her-Pistol

:D

This proves the point that you don't need an "assault" rifle or semiautomatic gun to defend yourself.  A handgun worked just fine :-)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
This proves the point that you don't need an "assault" rifle or semiautomatic gun to defend yourself.  A handgun worked just fine :-)

Most handguns are semi auto

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »
Most handguns are semi auto

yes, but with small clips and background checks, they are not nearly as devastating as an AK47 or an Bushmaster right?
w

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »
yes, but with small clips and background checks, they are not nearly as devastating as an AK47 or an Bushmaster right?

Two 10 round mag 9mm's are just as "devastating" as any semi-automatic rifle available on the market.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:51:54 PM »
They can be equally deadly, and they are much easier to conceal. An AR-15 is nothing but a glorified .22 long rifle.
At the range most of these killings occur at, a pistol is just as deadly.

There is a reason the large majority of firearm related deaths come from handguns.

There is much ignorance and misconception when it comes to these so called "assault" weapons that it's almost impossible to have a discussion with people, they all have this image Rambo mowing people down, when it simply isn't true.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:40:37 PM »

There is a reason the large majority of firearm related deaths come from handguns.

What type of weapon is most commonly used in mass murders?
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
What type of weapon is most commonly used in mass murders?
Oh, you mean the things that you are more likely to be struck by lightning than be a victim of? Probably explosives.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
Oh, you mean the things that you are more likely to be struck by lightning than be a victim of? Probably explosives.

So, explosives are the most common mass murder weapon in the US?  Really?
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »
So, explosives are the most common mass murder weapon in the US?  Really?
I see you keep narrowing it down until you get the answer you're looking for. Recently it has been AR-15 style weapons. Happy now?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
I see you keep narrowing it down until you get the answer you're looking for. Recently it has been AR-15 style weapons. Happy now?

I don't know shit about guns so I'm just learning here. Why is it that the AR15 is the weapon of choice for these lunatics?
w

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07:28 AM »
I don't know shit about guns so I'm just learning here. Why is it that the AR15 is the weapon of choice for these lunatics?

i think it's because of the looks of the gun,it's more military looking

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »

And that is what is used in all the video games, war coverage, movies, etc. 

If Shotguns were fancied - that is what these psychoes would use

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 11:15:52 AM »
Agreed, I think its tied to the military image more than anything.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 11:21:22 AM »
so ppl want to ban something based on looks?

Sounds like a well thought it and rational argument to me ;)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
And that is what is used in all the video games, war coverage, movies, etc. 

If Shotguns were fancied - that is what these psychoes would use

That's one theory.  Another, is that you can kill more people with an AR15, that you would be able to with a shotgun, handgun, etc.  Wouldn't you agree?
w

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »

That's one theory.  Another, is that you can kill more people with an AR15, that you would be able to with a shotgun, handgun, etc.  Wouldn't you agree?

See your earlier post, and then see your highlighted post. I would not agree.  An AR-15 is a bit cumbersome to deal with if you are just walking into a building and start shooting at people.  It is not for close range, and takes a bit of aim to shoot with one of those things.  What I mean is, a hand gun is lift one arm, point and shoot.  A long rifle, is lift with one arm, steady with the other, then shoot.  A shotgun, is just get close and shoot.  I would say a shot gun would be the best to use for that type of situation, not that you ever would, but when you have people running and screaming, you'd probably want to use what required the least amount of thinking.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

See your earlier post, and then see your highlighted post. I would not agree.  An AR-15 is a bit cumbersome to deal with if you are just walking into a building and start shooting at people.  It is not for close range, and takes a bit of aim to shoot with one of those things.  What I mean is, a hand gun is lift one arm, point and shoot.  A long rifle, is lift with one arm, steady with the other, then shoot.  A shotgun, is just get close and shoot.  I would say a shot gun would be the best to use for that type of situation, not that you ever would, but when you have people running and screaming, you'd probably want to use what required the least amount of thinking.

I'll say it again.  I don't know shit about guns, so I am learning.  Didn't the Sandy Hook shooter have multiple weapons including a Bushmaster with a 30 round magazine, Glock 10mm handgun, Sig-Sauer 9mm handgun and a Izhmash Canta 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)?  Why would he choose the less effective Bushmaster when doing the shooting, when he had all the other weapons to chose from?
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
I'll say it again.  I don't know shit about guns, so I am learning.  Didn't the Sandy Hook shooter have multiple weapons including a Bushmaster with a 30 round magazine, Glock 10mm handgun, Sig-Sauer 9mm handgun and a Izhmash Canta 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)?  Why would he choose the less effective Bushmaster when doing the shooting, when he had all the other weapons to chose from?
Because he's a dumbass kid that had next to no idea what he was doing.

The shotgun would have easily been the most devastating weapon at the range he was shooting at.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »
Because he's a dumbass kid that had next to no idea what he was doing.

The shotgun would have easily been the most devastating weapon at the range he was shooting at.

Well he's not the only mass shooter who's chosen that rifle.  It's the weapon of choice.  And, I've not seen any evidence that a handgun would be more efficient in killing the maximum number of people.  I have a friend who served in Afghanistan.  He said there is a reason all our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq clear buildings with their rifles, not their sidearms.  Because sidearms are a LOUSY substitue for rifles.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
Well he's not the only mass shooter who's chosen that rifle.  It's the weapon of choice.  And, I've not seen any evidence that a handgun would be more efficient in killing the maximum number of people.  I have a friend who served in Afghanistan.  He said there is a reason all our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq clear buildings with their rifles, not their sidearms.  Because sidearms are a LOUSY substitue for rifles.
in a warzone youre correct, in a "gun free zone" where you can take pot shots at will ANY gun is going to cause massive amounts of damage.

your original post asserted that this proves nobody needs assault rifles, so we could ban them.

What are you going to do when the same ppl who desire to kill mass amounts of ppl start using shot guns and pistols?

youre not addressing the problem only the big scary guns and like its already been said the only reason they are being targeted is b/c they are scary looking.

plenty of rifles have the same attributes as an AR15 yet arent considered assault rifles. Shot guns come in semi automatic and even come with drum style magazines as well.

you should really try educating yourself on a subject with an objective stance before forming a misinformed opinion.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
Well he's not the only mass shooter who's chosen that rifle.  It's the weapon of choice.  And, I've not seen any evidence that a handgun would be more efficient in killing the maximum number of people.  I have a friend who served in Afghanistan.  He said there is a reason all our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq clear buildings with their rifles, not their sidearms.  Because sidearms are a LOUSY substitue for rifles.
I was a US Marine. We use rifles over handguns because they are A. More accurate in trained hands and have a much larger effective range and B. More effective against targets that may potentially have body armor. Neither of those are a factor in the shootings that have gone on.

For what he was doing, point blank unarmed civilians, a shotgun would have been much more devastating, and the pistols are much more easily concealable, can carry 2/3 as much ammunition in a single magazine, and are just as deadly (at that range)

FYI, teams that are primarily engaged in CQB (close quarter combat, I.E. small room clearing) use extremely short M4 Carbine variants (the SEALs variant is called the Mk18 CQBR). It's illegal for a civilian to own a short barreled rifle without jumping through hoops.

And I don't know about your friend, but most Infantryman aren't issued sidearms.

My question is, why in one post, you say that you don't know shit about firearms, but then proceed to attempt to lecture like you know what the fuck you're talking about?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »
I was a US Marine. We use rifles over handguns because they are A. More accurate in trained hands and have a much larger effective range and B. More effective against targets that may potentially have body armor. Neither of those are a factor in the shootings that have gone on.

For what he was doing, point blank unarmed civilians, a shotgun would have been much more devastating, and the pistols are much more easily concealable, can carry 2/3 as much ammunition in a single magazine, and are just as deadly (at that range)

FYI, teams that are primarily engaged in CQB (close quarter combat, I.E. small room clearing) use extremely short M4 Carbine variants (the SEALs variant is called the Mk18 CQBR). It's illegal for a civilian to own a short barreled rifle without jumping through hoops.

And I don't know about your friend, but most Infantryman aren't issued sidearms.

My question is, why in one post, you say that you don't know shit about firearms, but then proceed to attempt to lecture like you know what the fuck you're talking about?

who's lecturing ??? We're having a discussion.  Calm down tiger...you're not that important :)
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »
who's lecturing ??? We're having a discussion.  Calm down tiger...you're not that important :)

Well he's not the only mass shooter who's chosen that rifle.  It's the weapon of choice

Because sidearms are a LOUSY substitue for rifles.
Sorry, these sounded like attempts at lectures to me.

And I'd argue that it's the "weapon of choice" for mass shooters... it's the "flavor of the month", and as I said earlier I think it has more to do with seeing them used as the primary weapons in movies and video games than it actually does with any tactical knowledge on the part of the assailants.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
in a warzone youre correct, in a "gun free zone" where you can take pot shots at will ANY gun is going to cause massive amounts of damage.

your original post asserted that this proves nobody needs assault rifles, so we could ban them.

What are you going to do when the same ppl who desire to kill mass amounts of ppl start using shot guns and pistols?

youre not addressing the problem only the big scary guns and like its already been said the only reason they are being targeted is b/c they are scary looking.

plenty of rifles have the same attributes as an AR15 yet arent considered assault rifles. Shot guns come in semi automatic and even come with drum style magazines as well.

you should really try educating yourself on a subject with an objective stance before forming a misinformed opinion.

I don't have a firm stance on the issue, and I am attempting to hear all sides.  Honestly, if it were up to me, I would do away with all guns.  I have no fear that the government is coming to get me, and if they were, a few rifles and handguns wouldn't do shit.  That said, I understand that this country has a gun culture.  People like to hunt, collect guns, practice target shooting, etc.  Getting rid of all guns is never going to happen.  However, I never want to see little kids getting gunned down by mentally ill assholes that get their hands on guns.  So, I do support gun regulation, background checks and strict enforcement of current gun laws.  If it prevents just one school shooting, it's well worth it...
w