Author Topic: Mother stops 3 Burglars w Pistol  (Read 5093 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Mother stops 3 Burglars w Pistol
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:01 PM »
;D

They're not babies if they're not born yet :-)
w

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
I don't know shit about guns so I'm just learning here. Why is it that the AR15 is the weapon of choice for these lunatics?

It wasn't based on looks in this instance. He stole it from his mom so I am guessing if she would have had a shotgun, it would be a shotgun that was used.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
This proves the point that you don't need an "assault" rifle or semiautomatic gun to defend yourself.  A handgun worked just fine :-)

That depends on who you are defending yourself from doesn't it?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
You're talking to a guy that is all about personal freedoms as long as they don't negatively affect me.  I support gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, I'm pro choice, etc.  I am also against NDAA, big government, obnoxious taxes, etc.  But this gun thing does affect me.  I'd like to have peace of mind knowing that my kids are safe when they're at school.  It's a big part of the reason why we live in the US and not elsewhere.  Unfortunately, with the gun culture we have today, and the easy access to military style weapons, that is no longer the case. 

I am reminded of that quote by Thomas Jefferson concerning the subjects of liberty and security. {sigh}

Mind spin, what country did you grow up in?
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
I am reminded of that quote by Thomas Jefferson concerning the subjects of liberty and security. {sigh}

Mind spin, what country did you grow up in?

Bogota, Colombia.  When I lived there, it was at the height of the drug wars.  Shit was pretty bad.  Kidnappings where rampant.  Once the sun went down, everyone knew to stay home.  No one stopped at a red light for fear of being jacked.  I didn't go anywhere without two armed bodyguards.  Most people were always packing.  My own father was kidnapped right in front of our house.  Fortunately we got him back safe. 

Coming to the US was great.  In the 30 years I've been here, not once have I had that nagging feeling that a gunfight could break out at any time.  Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people in this country would prefer a state where everyone is armed so that we can all "defend" ourselves against the "bad guys".  The mentality of the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun will lead us to a point where everyone has to be armed.  And, if that's the case, get ready to live with that nagging feeling that bullets can fly at any moment.  Trust me...it's not fun... 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Coming to the US was great.  In the 30 years I've been here, not once have I had that nagging feeling that a gunfight could break out at any time.  Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people in this country would prefer a state where everyone is armed so that we can all "defend" ourselves against the "bad guys".  The mentality of the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun will lead us to a point where everyone has to be armed.  And, if that's the case, get ready to live with that nagging feeling that bullets can fly at any moment.  Trust me...it's not fun... 
Nobody said they want everyone to be armed, this is another emotionally concocted strawman from those who cant think rationally about the subject.

We want you to have the option, if you dont feel the need to own one then dont own one its that fucking simple. The experiences youve had lead you to feel you dont need to own one. The experiences Ive had along with those of ppl I know lead me to believe I should own them.

Why do you feel your experiences are more relevant than mine?

we have already proven that "gun free zones" dont work, why do you think making the entire country a gun free zone is going to be different?

please use facts instead of emotion...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
Nobody said they want everyone to be armed, this is another emotionally concocted strawman from those who cant think rationally about the subject.

We want you to have the option, if you dont feel the need to own one then dont own one its that fucking simple. The experiences youve had lead you to feel you dont need to own one. The experiences Ive had along with those of ppl I know lead me to believe I should own them.

we have already proven that "gun free zones" dont work, why do you think making the entire country a gun free zone is going to be different?

His answer will be something stupid like this:
They're not babies if they're not born yet :-)

He is from Colombia. Coke head. You have to excuse him.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »

please...facts vs emotion?  No need need to lecture me.  I know the difference.  The opinion I am forming has less to do with my experiences and more to do with facts.  And, the fact is that if everyone around me is packing machine guns, then I better arm myself as well.  Otherwise, I am vulnerable.  If, however, no one has guns except for police and military, than I can walk the streets freely without concern for getting shot either accidentally by some idiot, on purpose by some asshole who's having a bad day or nonsensically by a maniac who wants to mow down a crowd of people.  I don't need a stack of twisted and misconstrued stats to know that.   
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 08:45:08 AM »
His answer will be something stupid like this:
He is from Colombia. Coke head. You have to excuse him.

Stupid because you disagree with it?  That makes a lot of sense. 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »
please...facts vs emotion?  No need need to lecture me.  I know the difference.  The opinion I am forming has less to do with my experiences and more to do with facts.  And, the fact is that if everyone around me is packing machine guns, then I better arm myself as well.  Otherwise, I am vulnerable.  If, however, no one has guns except for police and military, than I can walk the streets freely without concern for getting shot either accidentally by some idiot, on purpose by some asshole who's having a bad day or nonsensically by a maniac who wants to mow down a crowd of people.  I don't need a stack of twisted and misconstrued stats to know that.   
Please show me the facts behind your assertion that if law abiding gun owners are carrying guns that a person who isn't is vulnerable. Cite your sources, studies etc...

You do know that even if you ban gun ppl will still be walking around with guns, RIGHT???

also it's obvious your emotions are getting the better of you, how many ppl are walking around with machine guns?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:10 AM »
ban burglary.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2013, 11:41:18 AM »
ban burglary.

You do know that even if you ban gun ppl will still be walking around with guns, RIGHT???

Let me get this straight.  Since not all people follow laws, we shouldn't have any laws?  Is that your logic?
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »

also it's obvious your emotions are getting the better of you, how many ppl are walking around with machine guns?

What do my emotions have to do with this statement ???  And, I didn't say everyone was walking around with machine guns.  But, that is what the NRA is advocating as a solution...arm everyone so that when a bad guy starts to empty his machine gun into a crowd, we're all armed and ready to stop him.  I don't agree with this "solution" and would instead prefer to get rid of all guns :)
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »
Please show me the facts behind your assertion that if law abiding gun owners are carrying guns that a person who isn't is vulnerable. Cite your sources, studies etc...

LOL.  You're missing the whole point.  How can you ensure that everyone who is carrying a gun will be law abiding? 
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
Let me get this straight.  Since not all people follow laws, we shouldn't have any laws?  Is that your logic?

No, that's too generalized. The context of Tonys stance is banning guns, specifically, which will not eradicate the wrong people possessing them.
The only ones the ban will impact are "good" people by withholding from them the ability to defend themselves.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »
LOL.  You're missing the whole point.  How can you ensure that everyone who is carrying a gun will be law abiding? 

You can't, but with the existing saturation of guns in our society, it makes little sense to enact any type of ban whose restrictions only effect truly law-abiding folks.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »

You can't, but with the existing saturation of guns in our society, it makes little sense to enact any type of ban whose restrictions only effect truly law-abiding folks.

That is a good point that I struggle with...
w

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »

Even with the saturation and such gun homicides rates per 100,000 people have been flat for 15 years.

And if you ban guns overnight (Extreme example) and confiscate ever last single one from a national registry you will still have gun crime because criminals won't follow the laws and now will be more brazen. Tightening up background checks, cool down periods, gun show/flea market/private sellers? Fine, go ahead.

This country has a Gun Culture problem mixed with a low value on human life problem.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET THIS FROM???

Ive said many times that we need to adddress the problem, AND GUNS ARENT THE FUCKING PROBLEM!!!

What do my emotions have to do with this statement ???  And, I didn't say everyone was walking around with machine guns.  But, that is what the NRA is advocating as a solution...arm everyone so that when a bad guy starts to empty his machine gun into a crowd, we're all armed and ready to stop him.  I don't agree with this "solution" and would instead prefer to get rid of all guns :)
again where are you getting this from?

first who is walking around with machine guns? a machine gun hasnt been used in a mass killing in the history of the US to my knowledge. where do you get this shit?

second the NRA isnt for everyone owning a gun, they are for the right to own a gun meaning you get to choose.

They are also for not having gun free zones which weve already proven dont work at preventing violence and instead attract it as the ppl perpetrating the violence know they wont meet resistance.

LMFAO THATS THE FUCKING POINT!!!!

banning guns will only take guns out of the hand of law abiding citizens. IT WONT DO AWAY WITH GUNS, JUST GUNS IN THE HANDS OF THE GOOD GUYS!!!!

So you agree that banning guns will only take guns away from law abiding citizens leaving guns in the hands of criminals yet you still want to ban guns?

fucking brilliant!!!

you see why youre argument is seen as being based in nothing but emotion? BC IT IS!!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »

Excellent way to put it. I have always struggled with a way to express that idea to people.
There are so many firearms in circulation that a ban at this point would be counter-productive.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 04:01:11 PM »
WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET THIS FROM???

Ive said many times that we need to adddress the problem, AND GUNS ARENT THE FUCKING PROBLEM!!!
again where are you getting this from?

first who is walking around with machine guns? a machine gun hasnt been used in a mass killing in the history of the US to my knowledge. where do you get this shit?

second the NRA isnt for everyone owning a gun, they are for the right to own a gun meaning you get to choose.

They are also for not having gun free zones which weve already proven dont work at preventing violence and instead attract it as the ppl perpetrating the violence know they wont meet resistance.
LMFAO THATS THE FUCKING POINT!!!!

banning guns will only take guns out of the hand of law abiding citizens. IT WONT DO AWAY WITH GUNS, JUST GUNS IN THE HANDS OF THE GOOD GUYS!!!!
So you agree that banning guns will only take guns away from law abiding citizens leaving guns in the hands of criminals yet you still want to ban guns?

fucking brilliant!!!

you see why youre argument is seen as being based in nothing but emotion? BC IT IS!!!!

Wow...lots of emotion in your email.  I hope you're nowhere near your guns :P 
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »
...you will still have gun crime because criminals won't follow the laws and now will be more brazen.

Yes, because they know there's a much lower chance of meeting resistance. Personally, I like the idea of bad guys wondering if I'm armed. The mere possibility is a form of deterrent; maybe not much, but it is. I want every advantage I can get!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »
Excellent way to put it. I have always struggled with a way to express that idea to people.
There are so many firearms in circulation that a ban at this point would be counter-productive.

It is a good point.  Lots of guns out there already.  It would be very difficult to take the "scary" ones away.  It would be easier to just ignore this and let the problem continue to escalate.  But, this is one of those instances where we have to do the hard thing.

It wasn't that long ago that some argued that slaves where essential to our economy.  Too many people owned slaves and it would be too hard to get them to give up their free labor.  It took a war to undo that wrong.  If this ever came to war, all of you gun fanatics would be on the losing end :) 
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »

There are lots of factors to consider in this debate. Opinions differ greatly. There is no perfect solution, and certainly not one that will appease everybody. Of course emotion comes into play here. We're humans; we HAVE fukking emotions!

You're emotional about your stance. My buddy Tony is emotional about his. I hate to see anything bad happen to little kids, and I'm also quite passionate about my right to have guns. But, in the midst of our emotional charge, we all have to remember to still use sensibility and analyze this from all angles.

I see very few people doing that - I don't mean here, but in general. I get so pissed watching footage about this on TV. I really don't think we'll ever get a group of debaters and/or decision-makers to sit down together and discuss this from the viewpoints it needs to be considered.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »

Maybe if we were starting from scratch, but to do it now would only serve to make the criminals stronger and the good folks more vulnerable. And, you're right - that's certainly not at all productive.