Author Topic: Mother stops 3 Burglars w Pistol  (Read 5095 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Mother stops 3 Burglars w Pistol
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
  Too many people owned slaves and it would be too hard to get them to give up their free labor. 
Dumb analogy. Freeing slaves =/= disarming a population while said populations criminals  would remain armed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »
It is a good point.  Lots of guns out there already.  It would be very difficult to take the "scary" ones away.  It would be easier to just ignore this and let the problem continue to escalate.  But, this is one of those instances where we have to do the hard thing.

It wasn't that long ago that some argued that slaves where essential to our economy.  Too many people owned slaves and it would be too hard to get them to give up their free labor.  It took a war to undo that wrong.  If this ever came to war, all of you gun fanatics would be on the losing end :)  
as usual the facts dont support your stance, learn some history brain child...

so you agree that a gun ban will leave only the criminals with guns and youre still for it eh?

fucking brilliant you are mindspin

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »
It is a good point.  Lots of guns out there already.  It would be very difficult to take the "scary" ones away.  It would be easier to just ignore this and let the problem continue to escalate.  But, this is one of those instances where we have to do the hard thing.

It wasn't that long ago that some argued that slaves where essential to our economy.  Too many people owned slaves and it would be too hard to get them to give up their free labor.  It took a war to undo that wrong.  If this ever came to war, all of you gun fanatics would be on the losing end :) 
Oh, and FYI, gun violence has been on a steady decline in the states for the last several years.

We already tried an AWB, and guess what, it didn't do shit.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »
as usual the facts dont support your stance, learn some history brain child...

so you agree that a gun ban will leave only the criminals with guns and youre still for it eh?

fucking brilliant you are mindspin

That's not what I said.  Nice try. 
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »
Oh, and FYI, gun violence has been on a steady decline in the states for the last several years.

We already tried an AWB, and guess what, it didn't do shit.

Gun violence may be on a decline, but what about mass murders?
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
Gun violence may be on a decline, but what about mass murders?
What about mass murders? They account for what, less than a percent of total gun violence?

Where is the logic in taking something away from millions of law abiding citizens to try and stop a couple maniacs?
Where is the logic in trying to ban something that is used in less that 1% of firearms related crimes but not worry about the weapons that are used in the vast majority of gun related crimes? (Handguns)

I'll tell you, there is no logic. It's emotion because "WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDRENZZZ!!!!!"

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »
What about mass murders? They account for what, less than a percent of total gun violence?

Where is the logic in taking something away from millions of law abiding citizens to try and stop a couple maniacs?
Where is the logic in trying to ban something that is used in less that 1% of firearms related crimes but not worry about the weapons that are used in the vast majority of gun related crimes? (Handguns)

I'll tell you, there is no logic. It's emotion because "WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDRENZZZ!!!!!"

You may not value the life of little kids, but many of us do.  Just ONE mass murder is enough.  Sadly there's been too many.  I support taking away the guns.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
That's not what I said.  Nice try. 
thats the facts of your idiotic and emotional stance mindspin.

Do you agree that a gun ban will not take the guns away from criminals but will take them away from law abiding citizens?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
You may not value the life of little kids, but many of us do.  Just ONE mass murder is enough.  Sadly there's been too many.  I support taking away the guns.
another emotional and ignorant strawman, "if youre not for banning guns you dont care about children dying"

right mindspin ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
You may not value the life of little kids, but many of us do.  Just ONE mass murder is enough.  Sadly there's been too many.  I support taking away the guns.
Yeah we know bro, you make decisions based on emotion, like a woman. It's cool, but leave the rational thinking to those of us with testicles please.

I value the lives of kids, I just don't put the lives of 20-ish kids over the rights of millions.

In case you r dunt math good,

20 < Millions

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
...with the existing saturation of guns in our society, it makes little sense to enact any type of ban whose restrictions only effect truly law-abiding folks.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
Yeah we know bro, you make decisions based on emotion, like a woman. It's cool, but leave the rational thinking to those of us with testicles please.

I value the lives of kids, I just don't put the lives of 20-ish kids over the rights of millions.

In case you r dunt math good,

20 < Millions

wow...you just proved exactly how little you value the lives of innocent kids.  A lot more than 20 kids have been gunned down in mass murders.  But even if it were just one kid, that is FAR more important than your right to cling to your precious guns. 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
wow...you just proved exactly how little you value the lives of innocent kids.  A lot more than 20 kids have been gunned down in mass murders.  But even if it were just one kid, that is FAR more important than your right to cling to your precious guns. 
how many more ppl will be put in danger when you take away their ability to defend themselves against guns?

b/c as we already know the criminals will still have guns....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
Really? Go ahead and tell me how many children in the US have died because of mass murderers using AR's.

I'll wait.