Author Topic: Contest Coverage a contest - how much does it cost?  (Read 691 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
Contest Coverage a contest - how much does it cost?
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
I listened to john romano show and he said that palumbo and aaron singerman spends a lot of money in contest coverage,i mean the trip,the hotel the food...what do you think how much does it cost to cover the contest???

Billy Guns

Re: How much does it cost to CONTEST COVERAGE an ifbb show???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
What you may miss is they CON a sponsor into paying the entire trip and all rooms and food and airfare.....they use them as the so called title sponsor for their weekend and the BAM free trip to cover the show

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Contest Coverage a contest - how much does it cost?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »

It depends on what type of contest, etc.

Let's take a regular IFBB or NPC contest.   You have travel (flight if needed, hotel - two nights, taxi or car transportation).  You have misc expenses (food).  You have a photographers cost, a writer (if needed), video, etc.  It all depends on what you are doing.  Taking the pics, downloading, resizing, uploading, making sure all is good - all can take time.

So the costs can vary greatly.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
Usually they sucker a poor photographer into selling them the pictures. That's how they cover most of their shows.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »
I listened to john romano show and he said that palumbo and aaron singerman spends a lot of money in contest coverage,i mean the trip,the hotel the food...what do you think how much does it cost to cover the contest???

The times I've gone to the Arnold, I figure it cost about $1200 and I was just an attendee.  Columbus isn't all that expensive compared to NY or Vegas.
:

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »
Usually they sucker a poor photographer into selling them the pictures. That's how they cover most of their shows.

Hahaha - sometimes.  But you need a media pass to actually sit in the press area and get the right pictures.    I enjoy the contests, love taking pictures, and each show is different. 

The Arnold is a little more expensive - flight, 3 or 4 nights hotel, transportation, food, drinks, and fun.   So worth it.
 This will be my 15th Arnold Classic...

AVBG

Re: How much does it cost to CONTEST COVERAGE an ifbb show???
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 06:13:37 PM »
What you may miss is they CON a sponsor into paying the entire trip and all rooms and food and airfare.....they use them as the so called title sponsor for their weekend and the BAM free trip to cover the show

I feel sorry for the company paying for their trip to Australia.  :'(

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
Hahaha - sometimes.  But you need a media pass to actually sit in the press area and get the right pictures.

Lol Ronaldo you're full of it sometimes  :D why are you trying to imply that there's an ACTUAL cost for a press pass? When was the last time ANY venue was filled to capacity, to justify an ACTUAL COST to the promoter? The reality is one back scratches the other. The promoter gets a "media partner" ie favourable coverage (whether its deserved or not) and the org covering get primo seats/backstage coverage which can cost in the vicinity of $300 per person.