Author Topic: CM Punk - Best in the World DVD  (Read 1780 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
CM Punk - Best in the World DVD
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:03:05 AM »
Watched this on Netflix streaming. I highly recommend it. Not a DVD about matches but rather one long interview about his struggles all the way up to the Pipebomb....

I am not a huge Punk fan but this definitely shed alot of light on him.

Skeeter

Re: CM Punk - Best in the World DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »
I will never understand his appeal. He's great on the mic, and as a worker, but he looks like a frickin' skater, not a rassler.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 04:59:16 PM »
I will never understand his appeal. He's great on the mic, and as a worker, but he looks like a frickin' skater, not a rassler.

I completely agree. I remember the first time I saw him was at an Indy show. I was a trainee at the time. I'd heard of him, but never seen him work. I honestly didn't talk or interact with him beyond brief introductions since the couple of hours leading up to a show are often pretty hectic and busy. But, like you, I didn't think he was much to look at.

I knew of his ROH reputation, but still didn't expect much. As he was walking to the ring, all the boys in the back huddled around the monitor, making a big fuss. I couldn't watch because I had to keep an eye on all the money we collected from the gate.

Too bad. I could have seen history in the making!

On a side note, my buddy has a friend currently in the Fed who claims that Punk is at the top of the Divas' "to bang" list.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »
I have to admit that I like him.  Maybe it is the total lack of talent as I see it today, but I buy his "best in the world" gimmick.  Admittedly, I don't watch a lot, but he has grown on me after his heel turn.  I see some old-school there! 

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
I have to admit that I like him.  Maybe it is the total lack of talent as I see it today, but I buy his "best in the world" gimmick.  Admittedly, I don't watch a lot, but he has grown on me after his heel turn.  I see some old-school there! 

I just think that he should look like he's actually touched a weight at some time in his life. He looks terrible. I don't see how he can be the face of anything but a comic book.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
I just think that he should look like he's actually touched a weight at some time in his life. He looks terrible. I don't see how he can be the face of anything but a comic book.

While I would agree that working out helps, it is not a necessity.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
While I would agree that working out helps, it is not a necessity.

Especially today, when most of us here are probably as big, or bigger, than many on the roster.

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 02:16:28 PM »

Especially today, when most of us here are probably as big, or bigger, than many on the roster.

That's very true. But compare CM to Daniel Bryan - one looks like a wrestler and they're not very different in size overall.