Author Topic: GDP ANNOUNCED AT 0.1 percent  (Read 4964 times)

LATS

• Getbig IV
GDP ANNOUNCED AT 0.1 percent
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:10:40 AM »
 I thought the prediction was 3 percent.. I said they were full of crap saying that...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: GDP ANNOUNCED AT 0.1 percent
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »
"PRIVATE SECTOR DOING FINE" 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
isn't this due to a drop in government spending? specially war reduction?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:34 AM »
Everything is fine. The stock market is close to 14000.  ::)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
I thought the prediction was 3 percent.. I said they were full of crap saying that...

It contracted at .01%

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »

I have a nice graph with some good info I will dig up and post..

But, if your assertion is correct doesn't this GDP contraction paint the picture of an economy that is dead, lifeless and not growing without massive amounts of Fed stimulus, deficit spending, inflation and the like? Remember that 800 billion dollar stimulus from a few years back? The "timely targeted and temporary" one? It's been in the budget since the day it was signed.

In my humble opinion those aren't things you want to be depending on to drive your economy. And for fuck-sakes, it's been 6+ years and this is what we are still looking at, this isn't good.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:30 AM »

FAIL

The govt is not spending less money - they just shifted spending to where Pelosi and Obama said we get the most bang for our buck  - food stamps, welfare, UE benwes, etc. 

Total and complete fail for Obamanomics AGAIN

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »
FAIL

The govt is not spending less money - they just shifted spending to where Pelosi and Obama said we get the most bang for our buck  - food stamps, welfare, UE benwes, etc. 

Total and complete fail for Obamanomics AGAIN

government spending is down, are you serious?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »

Are you referring to the cuts in defense spending the Dems pushed for? Thanks for pointing that out.

I have a nice graph with some good info I will dig up and post..

But, if your assertion is correct doesn't this GDP contraction paint the picture of an economy that is dead, lifeless and not growing without massive amounts of Fed stimulus, deficit spending, inflation and the like? Remember that 800 billion dollar stimulus from a few years back? The "timely targeted and temporary" one? It's been in the budget since the day it was signed.

In my humble opinion those aren't things you want to be depending on to drive your economy. And for fuck-sakes, it's been 6+ years and this is what we are still looking at, this isn't good.

Anyone with a half a brain knew this. America trudges along like Japan has for two decades now.

We can thank Keynesian economics.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
Are you referring to the cuts in defense spending the Dems pushed for? Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyone with a half a brain knew this. America trudges along like Japan has for two decades now.

We can thank Keynesian economics.

Yep.

Trillion dollar deficits, unlimited stimulus, 0% interests rates and all manner of gimmicks don't buy as much as they used to.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »

government spending is down, are you serious?

The Federal Govt. borrowed more than 300 billion dollars in the 4th quarter and the GDP print showed contraction and that doesn't even take into account Federal Reserve monetary stimulus.

That isn't good.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 05:07:15 PM »

If a publicly traded company did this all the time, they'd be in trouble. I understand why they do it, but it sucks because there is no accountability ever.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 12:29:51 AM »
1) regulations , taxes, and employer-healthcare requirements  all put a strain on the economy

2)  standard of living is the highest that it has ever been at any place or time in history on earth

3) the economy is pretty much stagnant

4) the quantitative easing and government debt are both factors which are causing uncertainty and may cause long term problems

5)  getting our economy to where it can be is more an issue of changing our socio-cultural value system to honor and prioritize qualitative learning and production-based schooling than it is an issue of repealing taxes and changing monetary policy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 03:35:53 AM »
White House blames Republican "brinkmanship" for GDP contraction
reuters.com ^ | January 30, 2013 | Mark Felsenthal
Posted on January 30, 2013 9:46:46 PM EST by Tailgunner Joe

The White House on Wednesday blamed the surprising contraction of the economy at the end of last year at least partly on Republican "political brinkmanship" for threatening to let defense cuts take effect.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said similar threats over a looming March 1 deadline when defense and other cuts take effect absent a broader budget deal could similarly hurt the U.S. economy and taxpayers.

"This is political brinkmanship with one primary victim, and that is American taxpayers and the American middle class," Carney said at a briefing.

"Our economy is facing a major headwind ... and that's Republicans in Congress."

Carney referred to comments by former vice presidential candidate and House of Representatives Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, who said Sunday he believes the automatic spending cuts will go into effect because Democrats have not offered alternatives, and remarks made by House Speaker John Boehner.

Boehner said in a January 6 interview that he had the spending cuts "in my back pocket" for use as a bargaining chip in budget talks with the White House.

"It's not a game. It's the American economy," Carney said. "The American people - those who pay attention to this issue in detail - are rightly appalled by those kind of tactics that, you know, do harm to their lives, do harm to the economy in the name of ... achieving some political objectives here in Washington."

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 05:26:58 AM »

The White House on Wednesday blamed the surprising contraction of the economy at the end of last year at least partly on Republican "political brinkmanship" for threatening to let defense cuts take effect.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said similar threats over a looming March 1 deadline when defense and other cuts take effect absent a broader budget deal could similarly hurt the U.S. economy and taxpayers.

"This is political brinkmanship with one primary victim, and that is American taxpayers and the American middle class," Carney said at a briefing.

"Our economy is facing a major headwind ... and that's Republicans in Congress."

Carney referred to comments by former vice presidential candidate and House of Representatives Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, who said Sunday he believes the automatic spending cuts will go into effect because Democrats have not offered alternatives, and remarks made by House Speaker John Boehner.

Boehner said in a January 6 interview that he had the spending cuts "in my back pocket" for use as a bargaining chip in budget talks with the White House.

"It's not a game. It's the American economy," Carney said. "The American people - those who pay attention to this issue in detail - are rightly appalled by those kind of tactics that, you know, do harm to their lives, do harm to the economy in the name of ... achieving some political objectives here in Washington."

wut....

I thought that they were always the ones pushing for cuts in defense spending...

I r confused.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 05:31:19 AM »
Anything to spin failure.   This is what the leftists always wanted and they got it. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 05:33:57 AM »

The dem are trying to prevent defence cuts?

The world is upside down here..

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »
WOW.

Five years later and they keep blaming the GOP?

HEHEHEHE!!

But the homos, welfare leeches, baby killers, idiots who need taxpayers to pay for their contraceptives and friends of 11 million criminals will continue to buy it hook, line and sinker.

Their "issues" are more important than the economy.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 05:44:06 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »
WOW.

Five years later and they keep blaming the GOP?

HEHEHEHE!!

But the homos, welfare leeches, baby killers, idiots who need taxpayers to pay for their contraceptives and friends of 11 million criminals will continue to buy it hook, line and sinker.

Their "issues" are more important than the economy.

This idea of time and blame is stupid. How long did it take to recover from the great depression? how are other countries doing that faced similar massive recessions? it was and still is because of 5 years ago. The improvement is the key issue, was it handled correctly, I would suggest so based on relative comparisons. Could it be handled better, perhaps, but the economy is going to take a long while to recover and it has done so slowly.

The cause of the issues isn't up for debate, the solution is, without hindsight it's pointless to discuss moving forward. Defense cuts really need to be made, massive ones.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
This idea of time and blame is stupid. How long did it take to recover from the great depression? how are other countries doing that faced similar massive recessions? it was and still is because of 5 years ago. The improvement is the key issue, was it handled correctly, I would suggest so based on relative comparisons. Could it be handled better, perhaps, but the economy is going to take a long while to recover and it has done so slowly.

The cause of the issues isn't up for debate, the solution is, without hindsight it's pointless to discuss moving forward. Defense cuts really need to be made, massive ones.

Worst recovery on record and trillions on trillions in debt an deficit w nothing o show for it.    Hope that helps. 

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
Ya gotta love libs... Blame bush for the first term irregardless of what the issue was.. Second term.? Well can't really keep blaming bush but we will just blame the repubs.. Close enough I guess lol.. Last time I checked the dems had the White House and the senate.. Time to take the blame kids..

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »
1) republicans after obama got elected in 2008 = "OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS MAKING OBAMA A ONE TERM PRESIDENT"

2) defecit is caused by spending that was already in place when obama came into office.  no matter who was president, the debt would have been sky rocketing unless major cuts or tax increases were enacted.

3) some of obama's policies have been a drag on the economy, but others are very good for the economy. for example, obamacare = drag on economy.  increasing availability of student loans = very good for the economy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
1) republicans after obama got elected in 2008 = "OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS MAKING OBAMA A ONE TERM PRESIDENT"

2) defecit is caused by spending that was already in place when obama came into office.  no matter who was president, the debt would have been sky rocketing unless major cuts or tax increases were enacted.

3) some of obama's policies have been a drag on the economy, but others are very good for the economy. for example, obamacare = drag on economy.  increasing availability of student loans = very good for the economy.

Lmfao.   

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »

Lmfao.   

Yup its actually funny how destructive the GOP is to the US