Author Topic: High School Teacher in CA told his class  (Read 9662 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: High School Teacher in CA told his class
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
in other words, it's a character issue

he gets it from his short father

Still hiding behind that gimmick little man? I have a feeling I know who you are.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
he should thank him and you should too, its teaching him responsibility and also preparing him for what is to come if he goes to college, its not teachers job to hold kids hands.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
he should thank him and you should too, its teaching him responsibility and also preparing him for what is to come if he goes to college, its not teachers job to hold kids nds.

It's their job to teach. If they. can't teach effectively then what's the point?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
It's also up to the teacher to teach the course that makes it understandable to the student. Again, if you have most of the class switch because they can't pass the course and the remainder of his/her schedule are A's B's, there is a disconnect between the teacher and student. If the case is that they're doing for the money, then they should get the fuck out, but unions are pretty much useless in that situation.
there is the school of thought that teachers must teach in a way to make the kids want to learn. But, then there is the point that a child must come to class willing and ready to learn. So, it's two-fold.

One could say, if the majority of the class doesn't get it, then they are either idiots, or they weren't trying.
Or it could be that the teacher is not teaching in an effective way. Or it could be a combo of all of that.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »
so when he goes to college his first class ever and the professor says i get paid to be here, but i dont get paid to make sure you get up when your alarm clock goes off, and if you dont come to class, I dont give a damn, he heard the speech now in high school so now he is prepared

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 02:26:54 PM »
so when he goes to college his first class ever and the professor says i get paid to be here, but i dont get paid to make sure you get up when your alarm clock goes off, and if you dont come to class, I dont give a damn, he heard the speech now in high school so now he is prepared

No, it implies that the teacher don't give a crap as long as she gets paid. Sounds like zero integrity for her job.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 02:29:58 PM »
not true it says that the teacher doesnt have time for bs, either you do your work and pass the class, or fail.........if i were you i would be happy knowing there is a teacher out there willing to teach the right way, instead of bringing milk and cookies to class and holding hands.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
This is another fabrication by coach to bash teachers, unions, etc. If you read his posts carefully, you will find he can't keep the story (lie) straight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »
not true it says that the teacher doesnt have time for bs, either you do your work and pass the class, or fail.........if i were you i would be happy knowing there is a teacher out there willing to teach the right way, instead of bringing milk and cookies to class and holding hands.

Excellent post , generation nothingness want everything handed to them.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
Excellent post , generation nothingness want everything handed to them.

You mean like liberals?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 03:23:15 PM »
So what?

Had a history teacher say same thing. It was a message to the shithead kids that their antics wouldn't be tolerated.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
So what?

Had a history teacher say same thing. It was a message to the shithead kids that their antics wouldn't be tolerated.

When it comes to his own kid  The Coach is more liberal than Benny Blanco.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
????? Explain that one. Granted not the best on the team but .305 isn't the worst. He did well enough at the try out.

When you say team usa, I'm assuming that's the best 16 or so players in the country for his age group. None of the best 16 year olds, since you said he was a sophomore, in the country hit .275 and they would never even see a single pitch at the jv level for a public high school, I don't care how good this schools program is.

That's like saying a basketball player is trying out for the Olympic dream team, but plays in the d-league. If your son was truly one of the best in the country among sophomores, he would destroy 99% of all other Varsity baseball players. And .275 is very very average. There are thousands of guys doing that.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
Yeah, the conservatives claim they don't want government involved in their life and then complain the government isn't giving them enough. Fucking whiny bitches.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »

Good point.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
When you say team usa, I'm assuming that's the best 16 or so players in the country for his age group. None of the best 16 year olds, since you said he was a sophomore, in the country hit .275 and they would never even see a single pitch at the jv level for a public high school, I don't care how good this schools program is.

That's like saying a basketball player is trying out for the Olympic dream team, but plays in the d-league. If your son was truly one of the best in the country among sophomores, he would destroy 99% of all other Varsity baseball players. And .275 is very very average. There are thousands of guys doing that.

I think you missed my last post. HS season doesn't start for another month or so. He will play varsity. He made the USA team based on invite/tryout. He made the team. What can I say. Read my last post.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
..told the students in my son's geometry class "I don't care if you pass or fail, either way I get paid". BTW, this is my kids first year ever in PS. Nice to know some teachers in public school don't give a shit. The good news is my kid transferred out and into another class pronto along with about 15 others. That teacher now has one less class.

And he'll still get paid.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36:09 PM »

And about a foot shorter.
K

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
I think you missed my last post. HS season doesn't start for another month or so. He will play varsity. He made the USA team based on invite/tryout. He made the team. What can I say. Read my last post.

What team is this "USA team" exactly?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:22 PM »
What team is this "USA team" exactly?

Www.usabaseball.com

I have 2 18u players in our gym. One probably going #1 in the draft (catcher) if he doesn't go to USC. He and my son train together and he helps with his catching skills

MikMaq

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
It's also up to the teacher to teach the course that makes it understandable to the student. Again, if you have most of the class switch because they can't pass the course and the remainder of his/her schedule are A's B's, there is a disconnect between the teacher and student. If the case is that they're doing for the money, then they should get the fuck out, but unions are pretty much useless in that situation.
Your a moron, it's high school shit not rocket science. You have standardized testing, either the kid was passed when he shouldn't, or your kid is fucking with you.

MikMaq

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
The coach is a idiot with severe ADHD, the guy takes emotional stances, such as liberals are bad, and than makes further emotional statements like why isn't this teacher spoon feeding my kid.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
An excellent reason for switching schools indeed.... the baseball program. Grand move right there. W O A H...

no shit!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »
It's their job to teach. If they. can't teach effectively then what's the point?

no there job is to do what the school board tells them to do

the lobbyist/special interest tell the school board what to do
A