Author Topic: philosophical quanderings: big bang, the singularity, and gods "suicide"  (Read 5941 times)

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
Re: philosophical quanderings: big bang, the singularity, and gods "suicide"
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
Teapot  ;)

The answer is "yes".

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »
Teapot  ;)

That is 2 dimensional sir. I am not processing this in a way that comforts me.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
How does God define a day? How can a day be defined if God hasn't created the universe yet? We define day as earth rotating. If God hasn't yet, created that, what does a day mean? How long is a "day" on Jupiter? Phobos? Ganymede? What if, E-Kul, God defined his days as billions of years?

Woman created from rib? What if rib was removed, dna extracted, grown in tube, and then engineered? Would that suit you better? How would biblical man 3000 yrs ago describe genetic engineering and dna?

And, if one could collect the dna of every organism on the planet, would it not fit in the ark? Or maybe even a computer disk? Think outside the box.
Oh brother, the old a day can be as long as God wants it to be argument, you people don't actually listen to yourselves when you speak, do you.  Day and night has occurred on the EARTH well before Adam and Eve, and by your argument, those who wrote the bible may well not have included the time GOD took, because it is meaningless as it actually can't be worked out because the length of time description that was used that was understood by humanity to be roughly a 24 hour cycle is not actually the time frame they wanted to indicate.

And now you are suggesting an ancient obvious primitive people who lacked even the basic utilities modern people have today somehow managed genetic engineering from a rib of man, that somehow magically contained the DNA for a whole other gender of human being.  Oh brother!, Religious people have quite the imagination!  The will dream up any old thing to back up the last thing they dreamed up.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
Oh brother, the old a day can be as long as God wants it to be argument, you people don't actually listen to yourselves when you speak, do you.  Day and night has occurred on the EARTH well before Adam and Eve, and by your argument, those who wrote the bible may well not have included the time GOD took, because it is meaningless as it actually can't be worked out because the length of time description that was used that was understood by humanity to be roughly a 24 hour cycle is not actually the time frame they wanted to indicate.

You're not making sense here. Furthermore, it's clear you lack knowledge on the writing of the Bible.

And now you are suggesting an ancient obvious primitive people who lacked even the basic utilities modern people have today somehow managed genetic engineering from a rib of man, that somehow magically contained the DNA for a whole other gender of human being.  Oh brother!, Religious people have quite the imagination!  The will dream up any old thing to back up the last thing they dreamed up.

I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, but you're light years off base. Your entire post is very odd and ill formed.
The answer is "yes".

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
$

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 08:19:39 PM »
You're not making sense here. Furthermore, it's clear you lack knowledge on the writing of the Bible.

I'm not suggesting that at all. I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, but you're light years off base. Your entire post is very odd and ill formed.
How does God define a day? How can a day be defined if God hasn't created the universe yet? We define day as earth rotating. If God hasn't yet, created that, what does a day mean? How long is a "day" on Jupiter? Phobos? Ganymede? What if, E-Kul, God defined his days as billions of years?

Woman created from rib? What if rib was removed, dna extracted, grown in tube, and then engineered? Would that suit you better? How would biblical man 3000 yrs ago describe genetic engineering and dna?

Oh brother, I'm not making sense!, you say a day isn't a day and that woman was genetically engineered from the rib of a man but then deny you suggest this.  That's the whole point, the Bible makes ZERO sense and nor do the people who profess to believe in it.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »
Oh brother, I'm not making sense!, you say a day isn't a day and that woman was genetically engineered from the rib of a man but then deny you suggest this.  That's the whole point, the Bible makes ZERO sense and nor do the people who profess to believe in it.

It's clear that you are among the very few who interpret the Bible literally.
The answer is "yes".

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 08:24:03 PM »
Throwing of the proverbial hands with bottom twinks

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
Teapot  ;)

minus the stupid teapot lines. that pictures deserves to be called astonishing.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:11 PM »
how long did it take u to write this shit

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 09:47:16 PM »
tracing back the history of the universe we find ourselves faced with a single point of basically "infinite" density, a point which contains all the energy, all the matter, and all the "intelligence" that is contained in all the universe.

theres no telling where this very hot, very dense, infinitely capable "being" came from, or how long it existed before it expanded out into the universe as we know it today.

what if, bare with me, that singularity was indeed "god". and im not talking in the biblical sense, although that is a possibility, but just in the general sense of an intelligent creative force which spawned the universe and all life.

if this is the case, "god" basically committed suicide in a sense, by dividing himself up into an "infinite" number of pieces, in an absolutely massive universe, where life could flourish and evolve and , maybe eventually, when it desires, come back together into one whole.. back into "god".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
It's clear that you are among the very few who interpret the Bible literally.
I don't believe in the bible, therefore I don't interpret it in any way, I just laugh at other peoples interpretation of it. 
V

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16:14 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
Yes.. we cannot allow logical or scientific thoughts to to get in the way of this. So God was a ball of matter that "basically" committed suicide thus causing him to spread throughout the universe. Dude let it go...... Being educated eventually leads to atheism if it is done correctly because everything you learn contradicts myth and lore.
its your own personal fault for connecting the idea of god to man-made myths.