Author Topic: philosophical quanderings: big bang, the singularity, and gods "suicide"  (Read 5939 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
tracing back the history of the universe we find ourselves faced with a single point of basically "infinite" density, a point which contains all the energy, all the matter, and all the "intelligence" that is contained in all the universe.

theres no telling where this very hot, very dense, infinitely capable "being" came from, or how long it existed before it expanded out into the universe as we know it today.

what if, bare with me, that singularity was indeed "god". and im not talking in the biblical sense, although that is a possibility, but just in the general sense of an intelligent creative force which spawned the universe and all life.

if this is the case, "god" basically committed suicide in a sense, by dividing himself up into an "infinite" number of pieces, in an absolutely massive universe, where life could flourish and evolve and , maybe eventually, when it desires, come back together into one whole.. back into "god".

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
Re: philosophical quanderings: big bang, the singularity, and gods "suicide"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:14 PM »
If he is still around in the capacity to "desire" putting himself back together, then how has he comitted suicide?
The answer is "yes".

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »
''Maybe God didnt always exist. I actually think that he created himself. which implies that there was a period of non-existence, and then god created himself... got lonely, and created existence.''

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
If he is still around in the capacity to "desire" putting himself back together, then how has he comitted suicide?
"basically" committed suicide.  key word = basically

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 06:52:10 PM »
"basically" committed suicide.  key word = basically

suicide = you're either dead, or you're not.

You're saying something to the equivalent of "basically being pregnant". What does that mean?
The answer is "yes".

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »
suicide = you're either dead, or you're not.

You're saying something to the equivalent of "basically being pregnant". What does that mean?
 first off, if were going to discuss something supernatural, we can not let our worldy ideas, ideas bound by the laws of physics, get in the way of our thoughts.  obviously "god" would not be subject to the same rules as the rest of the universe. I think that's pretty clear.

however, I guess , in this idea of mine, god would still be alive in the sense that we are god, just god divided.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »
 first off, if were going to discuss something supernatural, we can not let our worldy ideas, ideas bound by the laws of physics, get in the way of our thoughts.  obviously "god" would not be subject to the same rules as the rest of the universe. I think that's pretty clear.

however, I guess , in this idea of mine, god would still be alive in the sense that we are god, just god divided.
Yes.. we cannot allow logical or scientific thoughts to to get in the way of this. So God was a ball of matter that "basically" committed suicide thus causing him to spread throughout the universe. Dude let it go...... Being educated eventually leads to atheism if it is done correctly because everything you learn contradicts myth and lore.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »
tracing back the history of the universe we find ourselves faced with a single point of basically "infinite" density, a point which contains all the energy, all the matter, and all the "intelligence" that is contained in all the universe.

theres no telling where this very hot, very dense, infinitely capable "being" came from, or how long it existed before it expanded out into the universe as we know it today.

what if, bare with me, that singularity was indeed "god". and im not talking in the biblical sense, although that is a possibility, but just in the general sense of an intelligent creative force which spawned the universe and all life.

if this is the case, "god" basically committed suicide in a sense, by dividing himself up into an "infinite" number of pieces, in an absolutely massive universe, where life could flourish and evolve and , maybe eventually, when it desires, come back together into one whole.. back into "god".
First of you describe the beginning correctly as an infinitely small but dense singularity, you then in the very next sentence attribute to this singularity the term 'being' as if to say it is human like life force qualities.  You need to let go of god, calling the original singularity a being is incorrect, you don't label a rock as a 'being' and nor should you consider the singularity a 'being'. 

And why would a god kill themself, it's absurd! and life doesn't flourish in the universe, as far as we can tell, their is fuck all life except us.  In a universe as vast as this, it seems the exact opposite to flourishing life, life is the exception and not the rule.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
Yes.. we cannot allow logical or scientific thoughts to to get in the way of this. So God was a ball of matter that "basically" committed suicide thus causing him to spread throughout the universe. Dude let it go...... Being educated eventually leads to atheism if it is done correctly because everything you learn contradicts myth and lore.

OK.

So, let's break this down scientifically, and not let any pesky "god" stuff get in the way. After all, we are educated men of science..are we not?

So..this is science's best theory:
1) There was nothing.
2) There was something.
3) For some reason, this something exploded super big and created the universe.

Yes, that's MUCH better than pesky god stuff. I feel so scientific. I'm gonna go piss on all the religous people.
The answer is "yes".

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
OK.

So, let's break this down scientifically, and not let any pesky "god" stuff get in the way. After all, we are educated men of science..are we not?

So..this is science's best theory:
1) There was nothing.
2) There was something.
3) For some reason, this something exploded super big and created the universe.

Yes, that's MUCH better than pesky god stuff. I feel so scientific. I'm gonna go piss on all the religous people.
Just because we don't know the answer that doesn't mean we assume the answer. That is rather arrogant. I have found in my life that people who claim to know everything in actuality know very little. I am mainly referring to the religious who claim to know how we came to be.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
I am mainly referring to the religious who claim to know how we came to be.

And I am referring to the smug science people who piss on religious people, when, at the very heart, their theories sound just as ridiculous as any fairy tale.

If you don't know everything, then by definition, you don't know if there is NOT a god.
The answer is "yes".

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
And I am referring to the smug science people who piss on religious people, when, at the very heart, their theories sound just as ridiculous as any fairy tale.

If you don't know everything, then by definition, you don't know if there is NOT a god.
You are right. I also cannot disprove the tooth fairy and Santa Clause but i don't believe in them. I cannot disprove a universe of talking vacuum cleaners or a talking tea pot orbiting earth... Doesn't mean i will believe it exists though.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »
You are right. I also cannot disprove the tooth fairy and Santa Clause but i don't believe in them. I cannot disprove a universe of talking vacuum cleaners or a talking tea pot orbiting earth... Doesn't mean i will believe it exists though.

Well, if you were up on your quantum physics and dimensions...you might.
The answer is "yes".

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »
Hay zoos

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »
Well, if you were up on your quantum physics and dimensions...you might.
Should i Pray to the tea pot? What should i say to it? If i make a request for green tea will it be granted?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »

Of course scientists ideas sound far fetched, but they just aren't made up like the religious whack jobs!  Their is actually centuries of observable science behind it, if you learned the scientific principles of aviation, it sounds pretty far out the there, but it works and it can be reproduced over and over again.  The reason science makes fun of religion is because rather than investigating the reality of existence, they are happy to sit back and believe in something that was long ago created to control the masses and is obvious fantasy with absolute zero verifiable proof behind any of it.  To seriously think that God created everything in 7 days and that a woman was created from the rib of man goes against every thing we have learnt about the world around us, surely a mans mind must be very primitive to believe such absurdities.  And don't get me started on such stories as Noahs Ark, even a child can poke a million holes in that whopper!

And you are right, if you don't know everything, then by definition, you don't know if there is a GOD, this is why Religious people are seen as arrogant, they refuse to simply acknowledge the fact that 'THEY DON'T KNOW'.  About the only real sensible stance is too say 'I don't Know', if someone asked you how a tv was made, and you had NO knowledge about advanced electronics and such, and you just said it was made by Magic, and you actually believed this, those that knew better would think you a moron, perhaps even crazy if you continue to insist it was made by magic.  But if you answered honestly and said "I don't know" then people would consider you a reasonable honest individual.
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 07:28:19 PM »
Should i Pray to the tea pot? What should i say to it? If i make a request for green tea will it be granted?

Depends on what universe you were in.
And this video is based on mathematics and science. So, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The answer is "yes".

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »

Things like this make me think its all due to random chance. What possible purpose does a moronic trollip like this serve?  Random cumball.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 07:34:26 PM »
To seriously think that God created everything in 7 days and that a woman was created from the rib of man goes against every thing we have learnt about the world around us, surely a mans mind must be very primitive to believe such absurdities.  And don't get me started on such stories as Noahs Ark, even a child can poke a million holes in that whopper!

How does God define a day? How can a day be defined if God hasn't created the universe yet? We define day as earth rotating. If God hasn't yet, created that, what does a day mean? How long is a "day" on Jupiter? Phobos? Ganymede? What if, E-Kul, God defined his days as billions of years?

Woman created from rib? What if rib was removed, dna extracted, grown in tube, and then engineered? Would that suit you better? How would biblical man 3000 yrs ago describe genetic engineering and dna?

And, if one could collect the dna of every organism on the planet, would it not fit in the ark? Or maybe even a computer disk? Think outside the box.
The answer is "yes".

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
How does God define a day? How can a day be defined if God hasn't created the universe yet? We define day as earth rotating. If God hasn't yet, created that, what does a day mean? How long is a "day" on Jupiter? Phobos? Ganymede? What if, E-Kul, God defined his days as billions of years?

Woman created from rib? What if rib was removed, dna extracted, grown in tube, and then engineered? Would that suit you better? How would biblical man 3000 yrs ago describe genetic engineering and dna?

And, if one could collect the dna of every organism on the planet, would it not fit in the ark? Or maybe even a computer disk? Think outside the box.
What about that tea pot? Why do we follow God? Why not the tea pot. I think that is more believable.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
What about that tea pot? Why do we follow God? Why not the tea pot. I think that is more believable.

Who is "we"?

And, if you want to follow a teapot - go right ahead!

It's certainly within your "god given right"  :D to follow a teapot if your inclined to believe in it!
The answer is "yes".

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 07:46:56 PM »
bath salts

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
Who is "we"?

And, if you want to follow a teapot - go right ahead!

It's certainly within your "god given right"  :D to follow a teapot if your inclined to believe in it!
Admiral Adama has been all over space. He never once came across the tea pot on his journey to earth. The man saw nebulas and stars explode. He has warped all over the galaxy past many planets. Never once did he see that tea pot. Now you frakking tell me where it is with your voodoo.