Author Topic: PPP: Hillary Could Carry Texas in 2016  (Read 5907 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
PPP: Hillary Could Carry Texas in 2016
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:54:33 PM »

At the risk of reading too deeply into a race that is a little less than four years away, a poll released Thursday suggested that Hillary Clinton could carry the crimson red state of Texas in the 2016 presidential election.

The latest survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling showed Clinton essentially tied with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ). She topped Rubio by a single point in the hypothetical matchup, 46 percent to 45 percent, and by only 2 points over Christie, 45 percent to 43 percent. But Texas voters gave Clinton an even wider edge over their own Republican governor and former presidential candidate, Rick Perry, 50 percent to 42 percent. Fifty percent of Lone Star State voters said they have a favorable opinion of Clinton, compared with 43 percent who view her unfavorably.

A Democrat has not carried Texas in a presidential election since former President Jimmy Carter won the state in 1976.

-30-

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/ppp-hillary-could-carry-texas-in-2016?ref=fpb

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: PPP: Hillary Could Carry Texas in 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »
Perry is disliked in Texas...The only reason he was re-elected was that his opponent was Bill White, a former Houston mayor...Houston and anything/anyone associated with it is universally disliked by the rest of the state.  It has been that way for over a hundred years.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:53 AM »
Perry is disliked in Texas...The only reason he was re-elected was that his opponent was Bill White, a former Houston mayor...Houston and anything/anyone associated with it is universally disliked by the rest of the state.  It has been that way for over a hundred years.

Kay Bailey Hutchison is from the Houston area and has served more years in office than any other politician in Texas history and even she got trounced by Perry in the primary a few years ago. I just can't see Rick Perry losing his Governer's seat anytime soon because that guy usually rolls come election time.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »
I've been wondering if she's gonna run.  She's put on a lot of weight and looks stressed as hell - and that was tough job she was doing.  But, some exercise, rest....might be primed for a run.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
Kay Bailey Hutchison is from the Houston area and has served more years in office than any other politician in Texas history and even she got trounced by Perry in the primary a few years ago. I just can't see Rick Perry losing his Governer's seat anytime soon because that guy usually rolls come election time.

The key words are "Hutchison is from the Houston area" and "she got trounced by Perry"...Her election to the US Senate was an anomaly.

Former Houston Mayor Louie Welch once came to my elementary school to give a talk...We asked him why he didn't try running for Governor, and he explained how former Houston Mayors are unelectable as Texas Governors.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:36:37 AM »

Hahaha ive lived in Texas my whole life(Houston primarily) travelled all around this great state and have no clue as to what the fuck youre talking about...

I agree with you on Perry he is a grade A dickweed who has benefitted from things that are largely out of his control. I will say that he has either been smart enough or to incompetent to screw things up like obama has but he is still a shit head.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
Hilary isn't matched up against Perry in this poll.

She's matched up against Rubio Amnesty Approvio and Christie, and whooping them in HUGE repub territory.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »

She's matched up against Rubio Amnesty Approvio and Christie, and whooping them in HUGE repub territory.

hahah its bull shit bro even a dumb ass like you knows that ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
hahah its bull shit bro even a dumb ass like you knows that ::)

i dunno, hilary has been praised by a LOT of repub getbiggers over the last 5 years.  After Rush encouraged them to vote for her, all we've heard was "hilary would have been better..."

I dont think it's unreasonable that Hilary is viewed as a world class diplomat and powerhouse with the balls to drop a nuke on anyone... and christie and rubio are seen as competent but nowhere near her level.

PPP is a respected polling organization.  They were very accurate in swing states in that 2012 race with obama and the RINO who didnt really want the job.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
i dunno, hilary has been praised by a LOT of repub getbiggers over the last 5 years.  After Rush encouraged them to vote for her, all we've heard was "hilary would have been better..."

I dont think it's unreasonable that Hilary is viewed as a world class diplomat and powerhouse with the balls to drop a nuke on anyone... and christie and rubio are seen as competent but nowhere near her level.

PPP is a respected polling organization.  They were very accurate in swing states in that 2012 race with obama and the RINO who didnt really want the job.
yes hillary would have been better that doesnt mean shit in regards to here in the primary.

Rubio or Christie would kill her in Texas, come on bro you said it yourself. Romney was the weakest candidate in ages and he won Texas pull your head out of your ass and quit trying to stir up shit moron.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 11:49:58 AM »
The key words are "Hutchison is from the Houston area" and "she got trounced by Perry"...Her election to the US Senate was an anomaly.

Former Houston Mayor Louie Welch once came to my elementary school to give a talk...We asked him why he didn't try running for Governor, and he explained how former Houston Mayors are unelectable as Texas Governors.

Winning state wide elections and serving in The United States Senate representing Texas for 20 years is an anamoly?? She is one of the most popular politicians in Texas history and that is exactly the point I was making. Unseating Rick Perry is extremely difficult if even she got blasted. It's like boxing, you are going to have to knock the champ out and that is a helluva task when you look at the data.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
Rubio or Christie would kill her in Texas

The polling says otherwise.  After the 2012 debacle, are we really going to poo-poo polls?

The latest survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling showed Clinton essentially tied with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ). She topped Rubio by a single point in the hypothetical matchup, 46 percent to 45 percent, and by only 2 points over Christie, 45 percent to 43 percent. But Texas voters gave -

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »
The polling says otherwise.  After the 2012 debacle, are we really going to poo-poo polls?

what debacle are you talking about that is relevant to this situation?

LMFAO I never got into the polls b/c they are generally shit as it is. If you have some ppl saying one thing and others saying others then half are bound to be wrong.

but whatever you can blow your load to this all you want as tools like you are bound to do.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 02:22:24 PM »

Rob, what do you think Rick Perry's chances would have been versus Obama if he hadn't gotten into that infamous Ron Paul arm grabbing incident and compounded with the "5 departments" gaffe?

He had the front runner poll numbers the day he entered plus the presidential look people talk about. Do you think he ever would have had a legit chance if he ran a strong campaign?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »

until he has another 'oops' moment.
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 02:40:57 PM »
until he has another 'oops' moment.

Well he already had 2 significant ones on a National Stage and that didn't seem to change anything in the state of Texas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
Rob, what do you think Rick Perry's chances would have been versus Obama if he hadn't gotten into that infamous Ron Paul arm grabbing incident and compounded with the "5 departments" gaffe?

He had the front runner poll numbers the day he entered plus the presidential look people talk about. Do you think he ever would have had a legit chance if he ran a strong campaign?

If Perry had won the nomination, he would have had plenty of gaffe moments along the campaign.  Remember this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
what debacle are you talking about that is relevant to this situation?

LMFAO I never got into the polls b/c they are generally shit as it is. If you have some ppl saying one thing and others saying others then half are bound to be wrong.

but whatever you can blow your load to this all you want as tools like you are bound to do.

remember how the "lying, bullshite lib pollsters' like Nate Silver and PPP were so accurate... and "unskewed" and "rassmussen" were so far off?

SOME pollsters have accurate info.  Others play upon emotional preferences of its users.  In 2016, we'll see Rassmussen do the same thing - give the Repubs an edge, even if the data doesn't provide for that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
remember how the "lying, bullshite lib pollsters' like Nate Silver and PPP were so accurate... and "unskewed" and "rassmussen" were so far off?

SOME pollsters have accurate info.  Others play upon emotional preferences of its users.  In 2016, we'll see Rassmussen do the same thing - give the Repubs an edge, even if the data doesn't provide for that.
hahah go ahead and buy into brain child, you know its shit just like I do...troll on moron

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
Well he already had 2 significant ones on a National Stage and that didn't seem to change anything in the state of Texas.
yup, 'nough said about the great state of TX. lowest common denominator always wins.
w

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:54 PM »

The point is that Texas is not as republican as some people think...The only reason Rick Perry was reelected was because he ran against a former Houston mayor...Former Houston mayors are almost unelectable in statewide office...Despite what my esteemed colleague says.

Hahaha ive lived in Texas my whole life(Houston primarily) travelled all around this great state and have no clue as to what the fuck youre talking about...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »
plus, this hispanic population is growing, right?  And Romney got what, 27% of hispanic vote in 2012?  Yikes.

That would match what this poll says... Dem candidate hilary preferred over the other 2.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »
If the GOP continues down this path, it won't be long before Texas and Georgia are solid purple states.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 08:38:04 AM »
i saw hilary was up 8 over rubio nationally, and rubio leads all dems.

i think those numbers would level off if they ran against each other.  even if not in reality, in the polls.  they like to keep things close to keep interest up.  OBama was up bigtime in 538.com's polls - and that was accurate.  But Rass and Gallup calling it a photo finish was way better for ratings.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
 ::)

I will call it right now. There is no shot in hell that Hillary Saddam Clinton carries Texas if she drags her bloated carcass into the race in 2016.