Author Topic: 53 percent feel the Fed Govt is a threat to Freedom.  (Read 2881 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: 53 percent feel the Fed Govt is a threat to Freedom.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »
How long before shit really hits the fan and the government is faced with a full scale revolution.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 02:58:10 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/government-threat_n_2592063.html

Yet how many voted for Obama?  
How many felt that they had to vote for Obama because Romeny creeped them the fuck out?

what the hell is going on?  Why can't we get a candidate like Goldwater now?  Why do we have to see the right putting up people like Santorum and Romney who scare the fuck out of a lot of people?

It's kinda the republican's own fault on this shit...  having candidates sign psycho pledges and shit....  WTF...

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:18:53 AM »
How many felt that they had to vote for Obama because Romeny creeped them the fuck out?

what the hell is going on?  Why can't we get a candidate like Goldwater now?  Why do we have to see the right putting up people like Santorum and Romney who scare the fuck out of a lot of people?

It's kinda the republican's own fault on this shit...  having candidates sign psycho pledges and shit....  WTF...

I agree.  Libertarians IMO are the true Conservatives at this stage of the political game.  Mainstream republicans scare the hell out of me as well. I am a conservative but not a republican.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:39:20 AM »
If the Republicans were to run a Goldwater type of candidate, is he or she really going to be elected.

Seriously.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:48:10 AM »
If the Republicans were to run a Goldwater type of candidate, is he or she really going to be elected.

Seriously.

Goldwater was pro-gay and pro-abortions.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »

what the hell is going on?  Why can't we get a candidate like Goldwater now?  Why do we have to see the right putting up people like Santorum and Romney who scare the fuck out of a lot of people?

Convincing people to vote for a 3rd party I think is the biggest hurdle right now.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/government-threat_n_2592063.html

Yet how many voted for Obama?   

So its only a government with a dem pres they feel is a treat ???

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »

Seriously.

Did the last two republican "types" get elected? 
Y

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »
I agree.  Libertarians IMO are the true Conservatives at this stage of the political game.  Mainstream republicans scare the hell out of me as well. I am a conservative but not a republican.

8) 8) 8)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »

Libertarians scare the shit out of republicans as well thats why they fight them even harder than the dem.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »

Seriously.
one of the last of the old school GOP.  even Richard Nixon is looking liberal these days.
w

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
A Republican has no shot at the presidency anymore, unless that person does something specifically heroic.  The United States has turned into a nation of takers who will vote Democrat no matter what.  Americans are on the dole, they are fat, they are lazy...and they now outnumber the Americans that are educated and hardworking(and even many of them will vote Democratic based solely on ideology).

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »
A Republican has no shot at the presidency anymore, unless that person does something specifically heroic.  The United States has turned into a nation of takers who will vote Democrat no matter what.  Americans are on the dole, they are fat, they are lazy...and they now outnumber the Americans that are educated and hardworking(and even many of them will vote Democratic based solely on ideology).
Political winds change frequently bro, everyone ranting and raving about bush years ago are now saying the same thing about obama

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »

Seriously.
yes, I seriously think that type of candidate TODAY would capture most of the middle, most of the right and some of the left.  He would win today.

I'll tell you this, I'll bust my ass to keep clowns like Santorum out of office but I would be happy as fuck to support a candidate similar to Goldwater.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 05:34:47 AM »
Pretty sure Goldwater would never win a GOP primary.

He was pro-gay and pro-abortion.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 06:42:32 AM »

Convincing people to vote for a 3rd party I think is the biggest hurdle right now.

;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »
Pretty sure Goldwater would never win a GOP primary.

He was pro-gay and pro-abortion.

Correct.

This is what's wrong with the GOP.

The Evangelicals took the party over.

They are now the party of Nonsense where they used to be the party of "making sense".

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »

Political winds change frequently bro, everyone ranting and raving about bush years ago are now saying the same thing about obama

Tony, the winds are changing, but they're only blowing harder in the direction JBGRAY references. The Democrats simply make it too easy and attractive for people NOT to work. They're buying their votes with handouts and entitlements that no other party can compete with.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »

Tony, the winds are changing, but they're only blowing harder in the direction JBGRAY references. The Democrats simply make it too easy and attractive for people NOT to work. They're buying their votes with handouts and entitlements that no other party can compete with.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with that.

I think if the Republicans can get away from the evangelical bullshit... You know... the women oppression... The Crazy kook shit... They have a shot.

They just moved SO FAR to the right that they are seen as neanderthals.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that.

I think if the Republicans can get away from the evangelical bullshit... You know... the women oppression... The Crazy kook shit... They have a shot.

They just moved SO FAR to the right that they are seen as neanderthals.

Yep. I agree, and I've mentioned it before: they need to shut the fuk up about matters like abortion and gay marriage, and focus on more relevant issues that impact how the country is run.

But, right now, that seems like a long shot.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »

Yep. I agree, and I've mentioned it before: they need to shut the fuk up about matters like abortion and gay marriage, and focus on more relevant issues that impact how the country is run.

But, right now, that seems like a long shot.

The inmates are running that asylum for sure.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »
Correct.

This is what's wrong with the GOP.

The Evangelicals took the party over.

They are now the party of Nonsense where they used to be the party of "making sense".

Instead of targeting the bright conservative voters they changed focus to the religious voters and the typically stupid voter.

You can win a GOP primary with this but maybe not an election.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:49 AM »
Instead of targeting the bright conservative voters they changed focus to the religious voters and the typically stupid voter.

You can win a GOP primary with this but maybe definitely not an election.

Fixed that for ya.
The last two elections are proof of that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:16 AM »

Fixed that for ya.
The last two elections are proof of that.

Exactly... But of  course, the evangelicals see it as their guy not being "conservative enough".

::)