Author Topic: NRA Vindicated - Armed guard stops shooter at school.  (Read 1149 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: NRA Vindicated - Armed guard stops shooter at school.
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »
the training,i know for a fact the amount of training a police officer goes though,who knows what your going to get with a so called trained civilian

proof or shut your trap  ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »
they spend a minimum  8 weeks at the academy,i honestly doubt they are going to send a civilian for 8 weeks of training

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
they spend a minimum  8 weeks at the academy,i honestly doubt they are going to send a civilian for 8 weeks of training

How much of that time do they spend on the range? ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
the training,i know for a fact the amount of training a police officer goes though,who knows what your going to get with a so called trained civilian
So your issue this whole time was with the amount of training the person would have?

Seems to me you were mocking the NRA bc they thought more guns would help the problem...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
How much of that time do they spend on the range? ???

it's more than just range time,it's alot of situations and how to respond,just because your a good shot at the range doesn't mean your going to handle the situation well

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »
So your issue this whole time was with the amount of training the person would have?

Seems to me you were mocking the NRA bc they thought more guns would help the problem...

yeah it's called qualified people,just because you have an armed civilian doesn't mean that's the answer

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »

yeah it's called qualified people,just because you have an armed civilian doesn't mean that's the answer

And just because you sing kumbaya and give peace a chance does not mean you are safe

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »

And just because you sing kumbaya and give peace a chance does not mean you are safe

dumb responce,but that's to be expected

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
Biden concedes new laws won't totally end gun massacres
 cnn ^ | February 1st, 2013 11:02 AM ET | Kevin Liptak

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 3:19:04 PM by Red Steel

Washington (CNN) – Vice President Joe Biden, who spearheaded the White House's effort to find ways of reducing gun violence, admitted to reporters Thursday that any measures passed by Congress would fail in totally eliminating gun deaths.

Biden was speaking on Capitol Hill after meeting with Democratic lawmakers to build support for gun control legislation currently making its way through Congress. While he said no law could ever eliminate gun deaths, the vice president stressed that attempts must be made to prevent gun violence, particularly as Americans are demanding an answer from the government on how to end tragedies like the December massacre in Connecticut.

"Nothing we are going to do is fundamentally going to alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down," Biden said, echoing remarks President Barack Obama made in January when he said "there is no law or set of laws that can prevent every senseless act of violence completely."

In December and early January, Biden led a panel assigned by President Barack Obama to look into the issue of gun violence. Using the group's recommendations, Obama proposed that Congress pass laws reinstating an assault weapons ban, limiting gun magazine capacity, and expanding the type of gun sales requiring background checks.

(Excerpt) Read more at politicalticker.blogs.cn n.com ...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »
nice to see people adapting to the "Every school needs a student resource officer".

I said it the day of the shooting.
NRA said it a week later.
Nice to see other have stopped with "we can't have a police state!" and have migrated to the "we want a cop on campus" belief.

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, ...you suggested that the day of the Virginia Tech shooting, ...either that or it was allow students & teachers to carry their guns into the school. not quite sure.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »
Actually, if memory serves me correctly, ...you suggested that the day of the Virginia Tech shooting, ...either that or it was allow students & teachers to carry their guns into the school. not quite sure.

I've never been a huge fan of 'arming the teachers'.

MAYBE if the training is VERY high level... not just getting a permit... there are too many insecure idiot teachers who would brag about the gun to students and possibly getting it taken from them.  Now, a smart person can carry a weapon in thunderwear for an entire career and NOBODY knows.  But I don't trust teachers not to be idiots and pull it to break up fights, etc.  Too many low-info people in that field.

I've always been an advocate of lots of police on campus... just way too many soft targets there.  I see armed guards at most banks... to guard a few thousand bucks available onhand... and I see no armed guard where there are 1500 kids... put a price value on 1500 human beings? 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
And who is going to pay for all these armed guards, especially when most school districts(and likely the ones in need of such guards) are constantly desperate for funding?  Police officers and other emergency personnel are grossly overpaid, whereas subcontracting a security company would likely net you a $10 an hour armed guard who likely does not have the training nor motivation to deal with terse situations.

Arming the teachers?  I'd be very leery of giving employees who barely make over $30k a year guns supervising dozens of children.....arming teachers and other school employees would only make the likelihood of a student or faculty member getting shot moreso than preventing a mass shooting.

Proposal?  Do nothing....the slim chance of actually getting shot while attending school should simply be taken for granted.