Author Topic: NRA Vindicated - Armed guard stops shooter at school.  (Read 1157 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NRA Vindicated - Armed guard stops shooter at school.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 05:57:51 AM »
An armed off-duty Atlanta Police officer working as a “school resource official,” disarmed and subdued the suspect immediately after he shot the victim and took him into custody

this has been around since the 1990's nothing new here move along

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:12:38 AM »
Yet morons still feel that creating a bigger "gun free zone" which works so great as we can see is better than armed guards at schools why?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:17:03 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/31/armed-guard-stops-school-shooter-after-he-opened-fire-at-atlanta-middle-school

The government says scissors should be used to stop a shooter.

Anti-gun nuts say we should hand over our guns because the police can protect us but they don't want police protecting the schools. It doesn't even make sense.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:20:26 AM »
The government says scissors should be used to stop a shooter.

Anti-gun nuts say we should hand over our guns because the police can protect us but they don't want police protecting the schools. It doesn't even make sense.  ::)

LOL!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:54 AM »
An armed off-duty Atlanta Police officer working as a “school resource official,” disarmed and subdued the suspect immediately after he shot the victim and took him into custody

this has been around since the 1990's nothing new here move along

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers
 NBCConnecticut ^ | 2/1/2013 | George colli

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 9:52:19 AM by FR_addict

"The Newtown Board of Education will be asking the town to make room for more armed police officers in its budget.

In a meeting Thursday, the board voted to request the town to add full time uniformed school resource officers to its four elementary school s for the next fiscal year was approved this evening. The officers would be Newtown police officers.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures areput in place,” said Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Multiple police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the December 14th shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary killed twenty children and 6 teachers. Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year. For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools. ..."

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcconnecticut.com ...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:30:28 AM »
missing the point,the title is bullshit,it wasn't an armed guard,it was an off-duty Atlanta Police officer working as a “school resource official,this is nothing new been around since the 90's

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
^^^^^
BWAAHHAHABAHHA after all the mocking the libtard morons did on the NRA's suggestion using sandy hook as their propaganda tool to push their agenda. They feel its a good idea to use the NRA's suggestion, LMFAO I guess the emotions finally subsided and rational thought won out.

Where blackass? Are you going to mock them like you did the NRA?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:45 AM »
missing the point,the title is bullshit,it wasn't an armed guard,it was an off-duty Atlanta Police officer working as a “school resource official,this is nothing new been around since the 90's

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
So it was a person trained in dealing with tense situations protecting others who was armed...

Lol how is that any different than what the NRA proposed?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
So it was a person trained in dealing with tense situations protecting others who was armed...

There is nothing different.

Nothing at all.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »

lol it was a police officer,not an armed security guard,there is a difference

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »
lol it was a police officer,not an armed security guard,there is a difference
it was an off duty police officer which is also called a civilian, was it not also said that they should use off duty/retired police officers and ex military personnel for these types of positions?

Only a person who is a mental midget or simply being partisan would argue the idiocy you are, I'm not sure which one you are but I'm leaning toward mental midget

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »
it was an off duty police officer which is also called a civilian, was it not also said that they should use off duty/retired police officers and ex military personnel for these types of positions?

Only a person who is a mental midget or simply being partisan would argue the idiocy you are, I'm not sure which one you are but I'm leaning toward mental midget

you forgot he also said patriotic, trained qualified citizens ,great a bunch of zimmermans running around school     numbnuts

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »
you forgot he also said patriotic, trained qualified citizens ,great a bunch of zimmermans running around school     numbnuts
An off duty officer is a civilian...

So you are against qualified and trained ppl who are armed protecting our children at school?

Do you not consider off duty police and ex military qualified and trained?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »
if a town wants a police officer in the school great,we have had them for years around here,i would not want just some patriotic, trained qualified citizens [zimmerman] in our school

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
if a town wants a police officer in the school great,we have had them for years around here,i would not want just some patriotic, trained qualified citizens [zimmerman] in our school
What training did Zimmerman have?

So you are for the NRA's suggestion of armed qualified and trained guards then?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 10:55:46 AM »
if they're police i have no problem,had them around here for years,they don't just stand at the door they're interacting with the kids,i think it can be good for them

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »
nice to see people adapting to the "Every school needs a student resource officer".

I said it the day of the shooting.
NRA said it a week later.
Nice to see other have stopped with "we can't have a police state!" and have migrated to the "we want a cop on campus" belief.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »
if a town wants a police officer in the school great,we have had them for years around here,i would not want just some patriotic, trained qualified citizens

What's the difference between a trained person that's a police officer, and a trained person that's a civilian?

???

The uniform?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »
What's the difference between a trained person that's a police officer, and a trained person that's a civilian?

???

The uniform?

the training,i know for a fact the amount of training a police officer goes though,who knows what your going to get with a so called trained civilian

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »
the training,i know for a fact the amount of training a police officer goes though,who knows what your going to get with a so called trained civilian

Bullshit - most cops i know are worthless w a gun   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
proof or shut your trap  ;D