Author Topic: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.  (Read 26879 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »
Is this the majority of the cases?

Im pretty sure you know about more about the civil war than I do, but I find it a tad misleading that you say "Blacks had a much better life in the South than the North", maybe some blacks...

I can name countless wealthy blacks Pre-Civil War.  The North, not so much.  If you were a black man in the North, you were worthless.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »
Bravo, TA, for giving a history lesson that society has become too pussified to give.
Larry, I found a picture of you, me and Jezebelle that I need to post.  Remember when they all used to say she wasn`t real. ROFLMAO.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 03:13:38 PM »
Some Freed Blacks would even petition their Masters and Plantations to be accepted as slaves again as they were not able to take care of themselves on their own. 

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
Larry, I found a picture of you, me and Jezebelle that I need to post.  Remember when they all used to say she wasn`t real. ROFLMAO.
Oh, she was real...and easy on the eyes!

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »
Oh, she was real...and easy on the eyes!
I sense cuckoldry.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Learn American History.  Many, many Blacks were Confederates and fought for the Confederacy.

brings a tear to my eye to know how much he respec the white man, and aswell we should do the same
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »
If American History were taught as it should be, decades and decades ago, I believe there would be less racial tension and animosity between races.

Think about it, if Blacks learned that they too, owned Plantations and slaves as well as held positions in Society, the victim mentality would not be permissible nor would the stereotypical memes that they assume exist.

It has been a disservice to the Black Race that this has occurred.  Even Booker T. Washington had no idea that Blacks were Plantation owners and slave holders.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 03:22:30 PM »
So, the blacks who owned slaves.  There slaves were white?   ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
I sense cuckoldry.
Yes!  Larry even let me try on his Posing trunks afterwards.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »
So, the blacks who owned slaves.  There slaves were white?   ???
The majority were non-whites but many were indeed white.  Being white was not an automatic dis-qualifier to becoming a slave.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 03:26:15 PM »
Indentured servitude

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »
There were white slaves and I have posted on this before. Not only that, Poor Whites were worse off than Black Slaves and were considered a lot of the times lower than the Black Slaves in society.

The many (Negro) ex‑slaves who recalled the lot of the small farmers and Poor Whites as Hard and Even as Bad as Their Own knew what they were talking about...The slaves saw enough abject poverty, disease, and demoralization among the Poor Whites...to see their own condition under Old Massa's protection as perhaps not the worst of evils." [55]

[55] Rather Be a guy Than a Poor White Man, Eugene D. Genovese; Slave Perceptions of Southern Yeoman and Poor Whites, in Toward a New View of America, pp. 79, 81‑82, 84, 90‑91

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 03:28:40 PM »
"People at the North are disposed to be incredulous when they hear of white slaves at the South: and yet a little reflection would convince them not only that there must be such slaves under the present system, but that in process of time a large proportion of the slaves must be as white as their masters."

B William Jay, Miscellaneous Writings on Slavery (1853)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
The majority were non-whites but many were indeed white.  Being white was not an automatic dis-qualifier to becoming a slave.

So, do I qualify for reparations?  Do I get a mule?  Surely somebody owes me something?   :D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »

Very interesting watch.. thank you..

this is a good site to go to if you like Docs.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
Some Freed Blacks would even petition their Masters and Plantations to be accepted as slaves again as they were not able to take care of themselves on their own. 
"Oh please Massa, take me back...I cants make it on my own. I cants read nor write. I ain't got much skills. I need yo to take care of me. I haven't learnt to be my own man."

So used to being kept, that they didn't realize that freedom means making your own path, and putting food on your own table.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
While Whites Languished in Chains Blacks Were Free Men in Virginia Throughout the 17th Century.[48]
A Documentary History of Slavery in North America, Willie Lee Rose, p.  15; Free Negro in Virginia, John Henderson Russell, 1619‑1865, p. 233ff; Who Built America?, Bruce Levine, et al., Vol. 1, p. 52.

In 1717, it was proposed that a qualification for election to the South Carolina Assembly was to be, "the ownership of one white man." [49]
[49] Journals of the Commons House of Assembly of the Province of South Carolina: 1692‑1775, Vol. 5, pp. 294‑295.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »
"Oh please Massa, take me back...I cants make it on my own. I cants read nor write. I ain't got much skills. I need yo to take care of me. I haven't learnt to be my own man."

So used to being kept, that they didn't realize that freedom means making your own path, and putting food on your own table.
"When I was a boy, 'recalled Waters McIntosh, who had been a slave in Sumter, South Carolina, 'we used to sing, 'Rather be a N I G G E R than a poor White Man,' Even in slavery we used to sing that.' Mr. McIntosh's remarks reveal...that the poor whites of the South ranked below blacks in social standing...slaves felt unbridled contempt for lower‑class whites...Frederick Douglas opened his famous Life and Times with an account of Talbot County, Maryland, which he said housed a 'White population of the lowest order..

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:14 PM »
Yes!  Larry even let me try on his Posing trunks afterwards.

larrys sholders are as wide as a trailer , no receeding hairline either , calves like cows
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »
larrys sholders are as wide as a trailer , no receeding hairline either , calves like cows
Reminds me of a tall and ripped Gary Busey.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-antebellum/5431

A petition to free a white slave

Petition of Gurdon Deming to the North Carolina General Assembly, December 1800. Records of the General Assembly, Session Records, North Carolina Division of Archives and History.

To the Honorable the General Assembly of the State of North Carolina.
The Petition of Gurdon Deming a citizen of the county of Cumberland Humbly sheweth, that he is the owner of a Certain woman named Lucy and her child Laura Who were represented to be slaves and as such purchased by your petitioner –
That he has reason to believe and doth believe from diligent inquires made, that the Said Lucy ought not to be held in bondage. Your petitioner is aware that legal proof cannot be made of the fact, yet your petitioner is fully satisfied, that the Said Lucy is the daughter of a free white Woman – that to conceal this circumstance, so as to protect the reputation of the real mother, Lucy at her birth was placed in charge of a woman slave of one John Selph – Your petitioner learns from a number of the most respectable citizens of Fayetteville, that it was always the intention of Mr. Selph to manumit the Said Lucy at his death – but the death of Mr. Selph being sudden and his estate providing insolvent, his intentions were frustrated – Lucy was sold by his administrator and she was purchased at a mere nominal Sum by Several Gentlemen with the View to Carry out the wishes of Mr. Selph; Owing however to the insolvency of the person delegated to bid her off, occurring soon after, She was again Sold and has subsequently fallen with into the hands of your petitioner –
The History of Lucy is a romantic one, and if your petitioner could detail it without giving offense and bringing to light, what has long been forgotten and thereby do injury perhaps to persons now residents of a distant state, he is certain your honorable body would not hesitate a moment in assisting him in doing simple justice to this injured Girl, by authorizing her immediate Emancipation –
Lucy in colour is perfectly White, and cannot be distinguished from the purest of the race, her associations have been distinct from the coloured population, and her whole demeanor that of the whites to which class she evidently belongs.
In consideration of these things your petitioner humbly prays your honorable body to pass a law authorizing the Emancipation of the Said Lucy, and her child Laura, And as in duty bound, your petitioner will ever pray.
Gurdon Deming
Next: Black codes

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
You couldn`t be further from the truth.  Blacks had a much better life in the South than the North, pre civil war.  There were many black men who attained great wealth and even had slaves of their own.  The largest slave owner in Craven County, North Carolina was a black man, John Carruthers Stanly and was one of the largest in the state.

His house still stands today.

Yea...funny thing is that he was actually born into slavery, bought his freedom, became a barber, freed his family, and then bought a shitload of slaves.......one of the irony's of history.... ;D
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »
We had one President of the United States who was in the same class of slaves and treated as such.  Andrew Johnson.  He was bonded to a man called James Selby in Raleigh, NC who made Andrew Johnson become a tailor.  He was legally bound to Mr. Selby until Andrew turned 21.  Andrew Johnson ran away and J. Selby sent out a "Slave Bill" with a reward for anyone who would return Andrew Johnson.  Johnson eventually came back and tried to buy his way out of bondage but was unable to do so.  He was forced to move West.

Andrew Johnson`s boyhood home is located on a Jewish Plantation in Raleigh, Mordecai Plantation Manor.

Here is the Jewish Plantation.

And here is Andrew Johnson`s boyhood home on the Plantation.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »
my head is going to explode over here... so much good information

its gonna take me a bit to read through it all...

I was on this whole "real history of Scotland" trip for the last 2 weeks...

I think ill research wealthy blacks during pre civil war times..

TA... look up a woman named Biddy Mason of GA... she has a crazy story