Author Topic: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.  (Read 26876 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Black Woman attacked for Carrying Confederate Flag.
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »
The Confederacy grew from seven states to eleven states when Lincoln made it clear he was going to launch an invasion to force the seceded states to rejoin the Union.  Voters in the Upper South states of Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia initially rejected secession by substantial margins.  They were willing for their states to remain in the Union as long as Lincoln allowed the Deep South states to leave in peace.  However, when Lincoln left no doubt he was going to use force, new votes were held in the Upper South states, and this time the results were strongly in favor of secession. It should be noted that these four states did not secede because of slavery but because they believed it was illegal and immoral to maintain the Union by violence.

MikMaq

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »
TA would be a great advocate for the merits of fucking 12 year olds.

Seriously I don't know if he's just trolling or a fucking fucktard.

He post anecdote after anecdote, sure there were poor white people, and sure their were uncle toms owning slaves themselves, but your ignoring a whole fucking lot.

The way in which black children would of been vulnerable to sexual abuse alone would of made the whole dam thing crazy.

Far too many of you are just ignorant or just going for wishful thinking,(something I'm sure alot of whites and blacks did during slavery)

But again it's getbig, where folks can't acknowledge anything bad ever happens, unless it's the victims fault.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:21 PM »

He post anecdote after anecdote, sure there were poor white people, and sure their were uncle toms owning slaves themselves, but your ignoring a whole fucking lot.

The way in which black children would of been vulnerable to abuse alone would of made the whole dam thing crazy.

Far too many of you are just ignorant or just going for wishful thinking,(something I'm sure alot of whites and blacks did during slavery)

You're a whiny man child.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 04:30:11 PM »
You're a whiny man child.
Eat shit fuckrod, I deal with shit you couldn't even fucking imagine.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »

The way in which black children would of been vulnerable to abuse alone would of made the whole dam thing crazy.

Every race is in a battle for control of the earth, in this battle there is no inherent wrong or right, there is only MIGHT. To say or think otherwise you are either a liar or an idiot.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »
Eat shit fuckrod, I deal with shit you couldn't even fucking imagine.

True, I'm not a lazy whiny virgin with no friends and no job with a fake disability.  
A

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
I just finished reading "Team of Rivals" two days ago -- so a lot of this information is fresh in my mind.

I don't recall the book ever talking about an "invasion force" before the outbreak of war. What was happening was that Lincoln was in the delicate situation of resupplying Federal military forts in states that had left the union.

Lincoln claimed that although these states had left the union, the federal forts were still U.S. property under U.S. authority. I have NO IDEA as to the legality of this one way or the other. It's a complex political scene, to be sure.

The last thing he wanted was war -- so, when the time came to resupply these forts -- he not only gave the confederates advanced notice -- he sent only food/medical supplies only -- no weapons or artillery.
The answer is "yes".

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »
There is no reason for the black race to continue to exist.

They do nothing but drain the earth's natural resources and contribute nothing to human progress, if anything they hinder it.
So, exterminate the black race (or just the black men, and keep the womenfolk)? So who will be your buffer against the Asian race?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 04:43:19 PM »
entering into a contract to voluntarily be an indentured servant is not the same thing as being a slave

Not exactly....the vast majority of contacts were signed by their parents so that they could learn a skill and/or have a way to live life if they were poor and destitute.  Some were also sold as indentured servants to work off the debts of parents. 

Call it what you like but it was still pretty much slavery
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

Why not!? It's what you've been working on for the last 6 months, or so.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »

The way in which black children would of been vulnerable to sexual abuse alone would of made the whole dam thing crazy.

But again it's getbig, where folks can't acknowledge anything bad ever happens, unless it's the victims fault.  ::)

I don`t think the word anecdote means what you think it does.

Everything I have posted is verifiable fact.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
The Confederacy used slaves for manual labor in military excursions. Trenches, supplies, hauling. It was free, raw manpower that put the Union at a disadvantage. In fact, Lincoln commented on this quite a bit and it's one of the reasons he cites during the formation of the Emanicaption Proclamation.

The Emanciapation Proclamation didn't free ALL slaves -- just the ones in the rebel states. And it made clear that military aged males were welcome and encouraged to join the Union forces. At first, these Union black troops did not get equal pay as the whites. This was remedied.

Frederick Douglas (a former slave who learned to read and write and became a BRILLIANT orator/writer) played a big role at this juncture. Lincoln wanted to ship the free slaves to Central America (there was a lot of debate on whether or not freed slaves were U.S. citizens).

Douglas made it clear to Lincoln that the slaves were born here and it was just as much their country as anybody else's. Douglas convinced the black troops to join the Union army and said to the effect "get that uniform, put on that U.S. pin, and go fight and nobody can tell you that you can't be a citizen."

Douglas, I believe, was absolutely instrumental in changing Lincoln's mind. Lincoln considered Douglas a friend and even held council with him at the White House while leaving white governers waiting! (Douglas couldn't believe this!)

A very interesting time in all of history.
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »
I just finished reading "Team of Rivals" two days ago -- so a lot of this information is fresh in my mind.

I don't recall the book ever talking about an "invasion force" before the outbreak of war. What was happening was that Lincoln was in the delicate situation of resupplying Federal military forts in states that had left the union.

Lincoln claimed that although these states had left the union, the federal forts were still U.S. property under U.S. authority. I have NO IDEA as to the legality of this one way or the other. It's a complex political scene, to be sure.

The last thing he wanted was war -- so, when the time came to resupply these forts -- he not only gave the confederates advanced notice -- he sent only food/medical supplies only -- no weapons or artillery.
That book is somewhat biased.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_Lincoln%27s_75,000_Volunteers

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 05:08:39 PM »
The Confederacy used slaves for manual labor in military excursions. Trenches, supplies, hauling. It was free, raw manpower that put the Union at a disadvantage. In fact, Lincoln commented on this quite a bit and it's one of the reasons he cites during the formation of the Emanicaption Proclamation.

The Emanciapation Proclamation didn't free ALL slaves -- just the ones in the rebel states. And it made clear that military aged males were welcome and encouraged to join the Union forces. At first, these Union black troops did not get equal pay as the whites. This was remedied.

Frederick Douglas (a former slave who learned to read and write and became a BRILLIANT orator/writer) played a big role at this juncture. Lincoln wanted to ship the free slaves to Central America (there was a lot of debate on whether or not freed slaves were U.S. citizens).

Douglas made it clear to Lincoln that the slaves were born here and it was just as much their country as anybody else's. Douglas convinced the black troops to join the Union army and said to the effect "get that uniform, put on that U.S. pin, and go fight and nobody can tell you that you can't be a citizen."

Douglas, I believe, was absolutely instrumental in changing Lincoln's mind. Lincoln considered Douglas a friend and even held council with him at the White House while leaving white governers waiting! (Douglas couldn't believe this!)

You can't  "free" people from places that have declared themselves not at part of the union. It (The Emancipation Proclamation) was Purely a political move. A flesh light compared to the real thing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

http://www.northcarolinahistory.org/encyclopedia/52/entry/

On April 15, Lincoln called for 75,000 troops to “put down the rebellion.”  Governor Ellis responded:  “You can get no troops from North Carolina.”  When word arrived of Lincoln’s summons, Zebulon Vance, with arms upraised, was pleading for the preservation of the Union: “When my hand came down from that impassioned gesticulation,” he said, “it fell slowly and sadly by the side of a secessionist.”
Ellis called a special session of the legislature for May 1 and ordered seizure of all federal property.  The Assembly voted to have a delegate election on May 13 to an unrestricted convention to meet in Raleigh on May 20.  The campaign that followed was characterized more by resignation than enthusiasm, as evidenced by former Unionists’ and secessionists’ speeches disparaging aggression.
When the convention met, delegates debated whether to secede, as some Unionists suggested, on the basis of “the right of revolution.”  Radical secessionists, however, favored repealing the state’s ratification of the U.S. Constitution as the most appropriate means of leaving the Union.

North Carolinians seceded reluctantly.  Jonathan Worth (1802-1869) stated publicly: “Lincoln had made us a unit to resist until we repel our invaders or die.”

The Tar Heel State, which only acted after Lincoln called for troops, became a bulwark of the Confederate defense, providing more men and supplies to the CSA and suffering more casualties than any other Southern state.   In the end, most Tar Heels seceded in the name of self-defense.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »
You can't  "free" people from places that have declared themselves not at part of the union. It (The Emancipation Proclamation) was Purely a political move. A flesh light compared to the real thing.

I agree. The logic was that any slave escaping and making his way to Union states would be considered free (in the U.S. government's eyes). Strictly speaking, Lincoln had no authority in the Confederate states, but this is still a strong move.
The answer is "yes".

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
Your logic is flawed beyond belief and the facts certainly are not on your side.  You can call me whatever name you wish as it will not change the course of history one iota, nor will you ever be correct.  When North Carolina drafted their Ordinance of Secession, Slavery was not even considered an issue.  The same applies to Four other states, including mighty Virginia.  

If this is the best of the California Public School system, where I presume you learned such incorrect drivel, I am not impressed one bit and they have failed you and you have failed yourself.

Afterall, California has moved to teach "Gay History" now in Schools which is the most absurd thing I have ever heard in my life.  As if anyone did anything in History because they were motivated by the cock.  Roll Eyes

Perhaps you can be the first in the History books there, my dear TDongz.
sorry adam, fact is the south was formed to protect slavery. and the confederate flag resembles nothing more than that.  a couple states not mentioning slavery directly doesnnt mean shit, especially since the rest of them made it VERY clear that slavery was THE issue they were concerned about. 

confederacy = protection of slavery

get it through your fucking head and stop trying to make excuses for the people who lived in your region 150 years ago.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
TA - I'm not disputing anything you say -- I'm reiterating information as I recall it from "Team of Rivals".

That book makes it quite clear that Lincoln was not spoiling for a fight. If this book is to be believed -- Lincoln was not itching for war.

The link you posted suggests the book is biased -- but have you read it? The pulitizer prize winning author makes comments on her extensive 20 years of research into the book in the afterwords. It's a 900 page, thorough, well-written book. I recommend it.

I'm not so naive to say it's the final authority -- but it should be considered.
The answer is "yes".

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »
I agree. The logic was that any slave escaping and making his way to Union states would be considered free (in the U.S. government's eyes). Strictly speaking, Lincoln had no authority in the Confederate states, but this is still a strong move.
yeah...but, it doesn't help a slave in say S. Carolina...or the Deep South who has no chance of escaping, maybe Va or a Midwest state/territory.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
TA - I'm not disputing anything you say -- I'm reiterating information as I recall it from "Team of Rivals".

That book makes it quite clear that Lincoln was not spoiling for a fight. If this book is to be believed -- Lincoln was not itching for war.

The link you posted suggests the book is biased -- but have you read it? The pulitizer prize winning author makes comments on her extensive 20 years of research into the book in the afterwords. It's a 900 page, thorough, well-written book. I recommend it.

I'm not so naive to say it's the final authority -- but it should be considered.
the south fired first ---  draw your own conclusions

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:18 PM »
yeah...but, it doesn't help a slave in say S. Carolina...or the Deep South who has no chance of escaping, maybe Va or a Midwest state/territory.

It didn't really help many slaves as Frederick Douglas informed Lincoln. Douglas informed Lincoln that slaves were kept in the dark and not informed of any new events and that most of them probably did not know the Emanicpation Proclamation existed. Lincoln then asked Douglas to gather black leaders and see if there might be a way to smuggle "informants" onto plantations to spread the news. Douglas said he would look into it.
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »

Bias was probably too strong of a word.  I should say Romanticize.  I read it around six years ago and found it to be lacking in parts.  I may reread it again at some point.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2013, 05:30:52 PM »
TA- This text is from your link re: 75K volunteers.

President Lincoln's 75,000 Volunteers was a call by the President of the United States on April 15, 1861 to summon 75,000 militia to serve for three months following the bombardment and surrender of Fort Sumter. The proclamation further divided the Union and led to more states to secede from the United States of America to join the Confederate States of America.

I argue that after armed hostilities have commenced, Lincoln is well within in right as Commander in Chief to raise the necessary force required to respond.
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:33 PM »
What I find most amusing though is today`s Republicans try to claim Lincoln as one of their own, despite the fact that he is the embodiment of centralized power.