Author Topic: Gator or Croc Meat for Building Muscle?  (Read 5605 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gator or Croc Meat for Building Muscle?
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »
Crocosaurus Cove Aquarium, Australia.

AVBG

Re: Gator or Croc Meat for Building Muscle?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
Croc meat is great to eat  8) .. They serve plenty of it in restaurants in Darwin (Northern Territory)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 02:31:35 PM »
Gee, wish I was in Australia.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
Why is that pair of shoes swimming around?
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »
Last time I was in Florida, we had some alligator. Tail, I think. Bit greasy, like goose. Not bad.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
What's the difference man?

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »

Don't know haven't tried both.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »

Here's a bit of interesting trivia for you: All alligators are crocodiles, but not all crocodiles are alligators. Sound confusing? It's really not once you look at the taxonomy.

Both alligators and crocodiles are members of the reptilian order Crocodylia. But the families they belong to, Alligatoridae and Crocodylidae respectively, differ. Often, when people use the word "crocodile" what they really mean is "crocodilian." This term encompasses not just the common alligators and crocodiles you might already know, but also the lesser known Gavialidae family that contains the lone gavial, or gharial. All told, there are 23 species of crocodilians.

As a group, crocodilians are pretty impressive animals: Their lineage goes back 240 million years, meaning they've outlived the dinosaurs by a good 65 million years. Ideally suited for life in water and on land, members of the order can swim up to 20 mph (32 kph) and run up to 11 mph (17.6 kph). They're most at home in the water and can hold their breath for up to an hour. Eyes situated atop their heads enable them to keep a lookout for prey, while their powerful tails swiftly propel them through the water.

Crocodiles and alligators are top-notch hunters and will eat just about anything they can get their teeth on, from fish and turtles to monkeys and buffalo. With teeth specialized just for spearing, neither family even bothers to chew its food -- they swallow large chunks or the entire animal whole.

As if that weren't scary enough, crocodilians have incredibly powerful senses to detect their prey. Their eyesight above water is top notch, and thanks to vertical pupils that can open up extra wide to let in additional light, they also have keen night vision. And even though you can't see their ears, don't be fooled -- these small slits are sensitive enough to hear offspring calling from inside their eggs [source: San Diego Zoo]. Even their sense of smell is highly developed due to special organs in their snouts.

Impressive similarities aside, the difference between alligators and crocodiles can be found in key areas -- for one thing, "Alligator Dundee" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 04:44:36 PM »
Here's a bit of interesting trivia for you: All alligators are crocodiles, but not all crocodiles are alligators. Sound confusing? It's really not once you look at the taxonomy.

Both alligators and crocodiles are members of the reptilian order Crocodylia. But the families they belong to, Alligatoridae and Crocodylidae respectively, differ. Often, when people use the word "crocodile" what they really mean is "crocodilian." This term encompasses not just the common alligators and crocodiles you might already know, but also the lesser known Gavialidae family that contains the lone gavial, or gharial. All told, there are 23 species of crocodilians.

As a group, crocodilians are pretty impressive animals: Their lineage goes back 240 million years, meaning they've outlived the dinosaurs by a good 65 million years. Ideally suited for life in water and on land, members of the order can swim up to 20 mph (32 kph) and run up to 11 mph (17.6 kph). They're most at home in the water and can hold their breath for up to an hour. Eyes situated atop their heads enable them to keep a lookout for prey, while their powerful tails swiftly propel them through the water.

Crocodiles and alligators are top-notch hunters and will eat just about anything they can get their teeth on, from fish and turtles to monkeys and buffalo. With teeth specialized just for spearing, neither family even bothers to chew its food -- they swallow large chunks or the entire animal whole.

As if that weren't scary enough, crocodilians have incredibly powerful senses to detect their prey. Their eyesight above water is top notch, and thanks to vertical pupils that can open up extra wide to let in additional light, they also have keen night vision. And even though you can't see their ears, don't be fooled -- these small slits are sensitive enough to hear offspring calling from inside their eggs [source: San Diego Zoo]. Even their sense of smell is highly developed due to special organs in their snouts.

Impressive similarities aside, the difference between alligators and crocodiles can be found in key areas -- for one thing, "Alligator Dundee" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I knew that (roughly anyway) but I meant what was the difference between their meat. I doubt croc meat has a higher protein content than gator meat. ;D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
if fucks can build muscle with the gruel in prisons. why can't this?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »
if fucks can build muscle with the gruel in prisons. why can't this?
Good to see you back MB_722 I remember your fast car driving videos.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
Good to see you back MB_722 I remember your fast car driving videos.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
Ate croc in Zimbabwe in the mid-90's. Wasn't bad. Preferred the kudu.

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 07:23:13 PM »
Not a good longterm option. Not cheap

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 11:06:23 PM »
Croc meat is great to eat  8) .. They serve plenty of it in restaurants in Darwin (Northern Territory)
I thought they were protected here???? 

io856

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 04:26:33 AM »

is the way to go

yum

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:02 AM »
:)me and my pet.
F

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »
Last time I was in Florida, we had some alligator. Tail, I think. Bit greasy, like goose. Not bad.

ate some Gator tail at a sports bar in Orlando several yrs ago....I didn't know what I was eating until someone mentioned it to me....it looks like Harsh brown on the plate and taste like chicken...ahhahaah

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »

is the way to go

Gods nightmare to the animal kingdom - Asians  ::)

AVBG

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
Gods nightmare to the animal kingdom - Asians  ::)

We're on top of the food chain for a reason - make the most of that position  :D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:14 AM »
We're on top of the food chain for a reason - make the most of that position  :D

Yeah, leave it up to the Asian man and his exotic dishes.  We will be visiting the zoo to see stuff animals and battery powered toys on the African plain.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 04:33:25 AM »
Fuck those things.  They lurk in the shallows and conceal themselves so you never see them.  I went to the croc park in Broome.  After seeing a few enclosures you know exactly where they like to hide so you look there and you still can't see them.  Then the keeper dangles a chicken (whole but dead) on a line and the fuckers leap out unbelievably fast.  And massive.  Walking around in the bush, even if you're actively looking for them, you'd be toast.  Carry a dead chicken on a rod and line out in front of you, I guess.

Eat 'em.  But I wouldn't advise the hunting so much.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 05:54:42 AM »
Fuck those things.  They lurk in the shallows and conceal themselves so you never see them.  I went to the croc park in Broome.  After seeing a few enclosures you know exactly where they like to hide so you look there and you still can't see them.  Then the keeper dangles a chicken (whole but dead) on a line and the fuckers leap out unbelievably fast.  And massive.  Walking around in the bush, even if you're actively looking for them, you'd be toast.  Carry a dead chicken on a rod and line out in front of you, I guess.

Eat 'em.  But I wouldn't advise the hunting so much.

Lovely post. You exposed the treacherous reptiles!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 06:09:49 AM »