Author Topic: Mike Platz  (Read 17043 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Platz
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2005, 03:11:52 AM »
i've been wondering the same thing about him for the last year or so.yes he's from canada and turned pro at the canadian nat's in i believe 2002. i competed at the Can. nat's with him(diff class) in 2000 and '01. the guy has a great build and he should actually have won in '01(IMO) but another freak out of Ontario named Nelson Dasilva came out of nowhere to win.

he looks great but personaly i dont think he would do well as a pro.as everybody knows u have to be a huge freak to do well as a pro these days and Mike is not. hes BIG but not in the same league as coleman,cutler,gunter...etc.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2005, 07:29:53 PM »
no of course not but I like Mikes physique.
bodybuildersreality.com

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2005, 07:36:35 PM »
no of course not but I like Mikes physique.
hey dont get me wrong i think he has a great build

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2006, 01:10:49 AM »
dude, it's just ooooooooooooooone nut....coooooooooome on  ;)

Will a "peanut" do?  ???
Lies, damn lies and diets

student

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2006, 07:37:17 AM »
you can win the Canadian Nationals with a note from your mother.

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
All this about pro money and whatnot is a "sideshow" to a lot of bodybuilders.  Most that I know  that have strived for pro only want the IFBB pro to credit them in owning a gym with a stable of their own trainers or whatnot.  I know two dudes that tried hard for pro for like 6 years, one made it and now has a HUGE Gold's gym and a full stable of trainers working for him.  The other (who I consider a much better person) never made pro and he owned a gym for a while but it folded.  It is really too bad.  I saw him at another friend's gym about a year back and he was jacked on juice to the max...unfortunately hes in his mid 30's now and he just finished a show but was unsatisfied with his poor finish.  I guess time passed him by. :(

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 09:19:29 AM »
As an aside, I also know this other guy that maybe could have been a pro but didn't want to give it all up for that path.  He owns 2 high end restaurants in beach cities, a very devoted businessman. Can you say that aint sweet?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 09:48:38 AM »
how tall is he ? He isn't very tick for a super heavy

Height: 6'0

Off Season Weight: 270 lbs.

Competition Weight: 235 lbs.

Where is he?  Still training?  He had one of the shortest rides in BB history.  :-\