Author Topic: Harvard Study confirms fluoride lowers childrens IQ  (Read 6071 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Harvard Study confirms fluoride lowers childrens IQ
« on: February 03, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »
Alex Jones and others have been saying this for years. Not a surprise to many but to any zombies that've learned to read. And notice one of the effects, accumulation of fluoride on the pineal gland. So those of you saying Dorian was off his rocker, can eat a dick also.

GET A FILTER! or drink spring water!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: Harvard Study confirms fluoride lowers childrens IQ
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
good post, wiggs.  you must have grown up in an area with high fluoridation.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
good post, wiggs.  you must have grown up in an area with high fluoridation.

lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »
"Spring" water is a huge scam. Yes, these companies get all their water from those beautiful rivers.  ::) ::) If you do some research you will also learn that those companies are a fraud.
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:17:36 AM »
"Spring" water is a huge scam. Yes, these companies get all their water from those beautiful rivers.  ::) ::) If you do some research you will also learn that those companies are a fraud.

So you're saying it has fluoride?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »
So you're saying it has fluoride?

Not saying it has specifically fluoride, but I am sure they contain other chemicals that are not too good for you. Basically, their water is not as "pure" as they let on. I am sure there are TONS of other chemicals that will do you harm that are found in those supposedly "spring" water.

I read an article about it last year, but a quick google search will turn up things.
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »
Not too sure why this hasn't caught fire especially with all the parents. I'd like to see the studies that show fluoride is beneficial to our health.  I'll be honest, I don't even use fluoride toothpaste. I use Tom's of Maine.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »
you're not supposed to swallow your toothpaste.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »

Even if you dont, there has to be ways for the toothpaste to seep into some areas of your mouth, even inadvertently.
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »
when McDonald's came out with its own "Spring Water" yrs back, the gig was up.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »

Ha, Ha. fluoride joke funny the first time Sparky. Don't waste all your material in one thread.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
Not too sure why this hasn't caught fire especially with all the parents. I'd like to see the studies that show fluoride is beneficial to our health.  I'll be honest, I don't even use fluoride toothpaste. I use Tom's of Maine.

Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (Fluoride) is not beneficial to your health per se. It has only ever been proven to marginally decrease incidences of tooth decay.

Google HFA (Hydrofluorosilicic Acid) and you will quickly see it is nasty stuff.

On the other hand, I'd put it in Wigg's toothpaste.   ;D

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
craaaaazy conspiracy theorists at it again  ::)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »
Hydrofluorosilicic Acid (Fluoride) is not beneficial to your health per se. It has only ever been proven to marginally decrease incidences of tooth decay.

Google HFA (Hydrofluorosilicic Acid) and you will quickly see it is nasty stuff.

On the other hand, I'd put it in Wigg's toothpaste.   ;D

" Wiggs' " asshole. :-*

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
" Wiggs' " asshole. :-*

you want his toothpaste in your asshole ???

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
While attending chemistry classes in south Florida, I did an experiment testing the Ph levels and chemical composition of tap water and several top bottled water brands........the results were very similar, with tap water barely having more contents within it but had the same Ph levels. 

I must ask though......what about people in England and those in rural areas who utilize well water or tap an underground water source?  Why are their teeth so bad? 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:08 AM »
Alex Jones and others have been saying this for years. Not a surprise to many but to any zombies that've learned to read. And notice one of the effects, accumulation of fluoride on the pineal gland. So those of you saying Dorian was off his rocker, can eat a dick also.

GET A FILTER! or drink spring water!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html

Complete Scientific Bullshit!

Several states don't fluorinate their water, and their kids routinely score below average on grade testing. And who the fuck wants dentures by 35 yrs old?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
I hear toothepaste is a scam too...you dont even need all that crap to keep your teeth clean and healthy. you just need to remove food and excess crap from your mouth, and a standard toothbrush will do this..this is what I have heard before. Has anyone else heard this?
X

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
what's DOZ have to say about all of this?

ukjeff

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
Some people on this forum must eat a tube a day.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
I hear toothepaste is a scam too...you dont even need all that crap to keep your teeth clean and healthy. you just need to remove food and excess crap from your mouth, and a standard toothbrush will do this..this is what I have heard before. Has anyone else heard this?

baking soda

recommended by the american dental association.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »
Complete Scientific Bullshit!

Several states don't fluorinate their water, and their kids routinely score below average on grade testing. And who the fuck wants dentures by 35 yrs old?

Correlation in this case does not mean that there is not causation.
all drugs - TPPIIP

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:07 PM »
One element of being scientifically literate is the ability to identify the actual conclusion(s) of a given scientific paper. Here's what the Harvard study actually says (from the link in the OP):

"The results suggest that fluoride may be a developmental neurotoxicant that affects brain development at exposures much below those that can cause toxicity in adults"

"In conclusion, our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children's neurodevelopment."

Now, identifying the author's conclusion is not necessarily the same thing as identifying the true implications of a given study; an author may draw incorrect deductions from the research. But, absent scientific argument to the contrary, in this instance it makes sense to suppose the authors of the study assessed the evidence properly.

Here are the author's feelings -- contra scientifically illiterate, weed-abusing conspiracy theorists -- regarding the applicability of their research to American citizens:

“These results do not allow us to make any judgment regarding possible levels of risk at levels of exposure typical for water fluoridation in the U.S.,” say two of the researchers in an email signed off by the two primary authors of the study.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/09/11/2485561/harvard-scientists-data-on-fluoride.html

They say this because 25 of the 27 studies analyzed were undertaken in rural China, where fluoride consumption is at times 10 times as high as any U.S. city. Also, the Harvard researchers did not gather any of the data themselves since it was a meta-analysis; unless I'm mistaken, that means the inherent limitations of the individual studies -- not controlling for socioeconomic status and other essential variables -- necessarily affect the veracity of the meta-analysis in a way not correctable by its researchers.

The Harvard researchers' primary conclusion is that further research is needed. I think everybody can agree to that. Let's not be irrational and jump to vast conclusions far and above those supported by the data -- as tempting as it is for some. (Perhaps fluoride is negatively impacting children in the U.S., and perhaps this fact will be conclusively supported by the data. That's the time to be angry about it, when the actual data definitively supports the claim. It would be fallacious for those crying about it now to say, "I told you so," since they were telling us so on the basis of insufficient evidence.)

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »
Some people on this forum must eat a tube a day.

This explains urbanman
Mr. AZ 2003